SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mangled English as an Art Form

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Every now and then we all come across some lad letters that raise mangled English to an art form. Feel free to add your own contenders for Mangled English as an Art Form. Maybe we can make a sort of unofficial "beauty contest" of sorts out of it.

Here's my submission.

I've been straight-baiting a "Western Union" official who becomes a Rembrandt of gibberish whenever he gets the slightest bit off script.

I thought you might like a taste. At first, he manages some semblance of cogency:
Quote:
My good friend you didn’t understand what i mean, I said that you shed goes ahead to any western union office and wire the activation fee, which is amount of $ 220usd to enable the transfer to been take places once is tomorrow moring on my own time...
; however he's only primed the pump. I responded with more misunderstanding of his instructions.
Quote:
Dear sir,

I followed your instruction and went to the WU office. there was no $220 payment for me with the question "Western Union" and the answer "sky." Did you send the $220? Why are you playing tricks?

This generated more agitation:
Quote:
My dear every thing has been colluded today but the problem we having now is the activation so we needed to activate fee. Because the fund they is $2.1 million usd,
So what you have to do now go ahead to any western union make the activate fee immediately you receive this email, which is$ 220usd, once you make this payment you been receiving you’re fund every day by day as we told you ever before in our email
He can smell the money, but is frustrated because I can't seem to follow his instructions:
Quote:
My bother are you sure that you the rely prison who owns this fund? But you sound, as you not rely prison, our off ice here needed you payment sleep once you receiver this Emil to be sure. you has to send us needed fee Immediately.
OK, so far it's typical, but this guy is just warming up. Here's my reply:
Quote:
Oh. I did not understand. OK. Please resend the money in the morning and I will foloow your instructions. Have a good night and a good rest. Sleep well my friend.
His mangle factor begins to increase as he becomes more frustrated. He replies:
Quote:
Listen care fluey okay, I told you this before and you didn’t understand again you have to payment activation fee which is $220usd before your money will be send to you most send us the needed fee before receive first payment
"care fluey?" I was imagining his difficulty was due to him using an on-line translation program, but this makes it obvious that he is attempting to write phonetically based on his own linguistic level.

I decide to keep misunderstanding, and I toss in a hint at my own poverty and desperate situation to add some color:
Quote:
I understand. There is a fee to send the money, right?
Get the first payment and then take the activation fee
from that amount. Send me whatever is left over.

Thanks again. I am very excited about this. My grand-
son is very sick and this money might save his life or
at least help reduce his suffering.

Well he wouldn't want to take medical care from a sick child, would he? Of course he would. He senses my need and bursts forth with twisted syntax that would win a Nobel Prize were they awarded for that category:
Quote:
Can you just give me ahead other to look for sun once ext to pay the fee needed and later the person will composite? Since can afford the $220usd,
Seriously, what the Hell does that mean? I reply with just that question. He replies:
Quote:
Renumber that I told on my email ever before that you sound if you not rely person who owns this fund and didn’t answer the question. The office needed your payment sleep then is know way I can pack any money out of it okay. I device to move to any western union around you and may the payment immediately you receive this email

Well I'm still going back and forth with the lad. I don't know whether he's peaked yet. If he comes up with more gems, I'll gladly post them too.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

"I swear with my living GOD I SERVE BY WHATEVER FIND HOLY ...THIS IS TRULY HOLY HAND JOB I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU”
_______
Am surprise you are west-ting this much time and you know that your daughters life is astake ... I see it strange, something is fishing."
_______
"If You Are A Sinner That Means You Will Go To Hill. Repaint ..."
_______
"you son a beach , bastard , you will die by gun, ogun will kill you [a dozen death threats snipped] ANY PLANS YOU HAVE PLANNED EITHER TO RUB ME OR ANY OTHER THING , YOU WILL DIR BY OGUN BYE" -- One truly pissed off lad.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those are definitely some beauts. Have you been writing him BACK in mangled English? I love doing that - it gets them so twisted around, they don't know which end is up! Laughing

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great idea Chachuma. No, so far the only mangled English I have sent him is what I provide via my own genuine mistakes.

"I swear with my living GOD I SERVE BY WHATEVER FIND HOLY ...THIS IS TRULY HOLY HAND JOB I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU”
_______
Am surprise you are west-ting this much time and you know that your daughters life is astake ... I see it strange, something is fishing."
_______
_______
"you son a beach , bastard , you will die by gun, ogun will kill you [a dozen death threats snipped] ANY PLANS YOU HAVE PLANNED EITHER TO RUB ME OR ANY OTHER THING , YOU WILL DIR BY OGUN BYE" -- One truly pissed off lad.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great stuff Lehigh!

I figure with lads like these, if I write back in English I'm educating them. So I create my own Manglish replies with multibabel. Never work harder than your lad!

ETA here is what Cachuma really said:
Cachuma with a concussion wrote:
So some Beauts is sure. You had written in the posterior part on the English cripple? I can make that - therefore it reaches it has turned around, its don' T knows, ché extremity is in the increase!

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater

Last edited by bohigal on Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent Point bohigal!

_______
_______
_______
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had one who wanted me to receive his "truck box" for him. I kept explaining to him that I already had a box on the back of my truck, but that I would never be so stupid as he was to put family valuables in it. He never did change the spelling of "truck box".

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bohigal wrote:
Great stuff Lehigh!

I figure with lads like these, if I write back in English I'm educating them. So I create my own Manglish replies with multibabel. Never work harder than your lad!

ETA here is what Cachuma really said:
Cachuma with a concussion wrote:
So some Beauts is sure. You had written in the posterior part on the English cripple? I can make that - therefore it reaches it has turned around, its don' T knows, ché extremity is in the increase!

Well, waddaya expect from someone typing with her elbows?? Wink

Bohigal makes an excellent point: one of our most important objectives as baiters is lad de-education. Writing to them in mangled English serves two purposes: 1) it ensures we don't help them improve their Engish skills, and 2) it's FUN! Very Happy

Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bohigal wrote:
Great stuff Lehigh!

I figure with lads like these, if I write back in English I'm educating them. So I create my own Manglish replies with multibabel. Never work harder than your lad! ...
[/quote]

"Manglish!" I love it!

_______
_______
_______
ScamSlammer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are also a number of on-line translators that will translate into Klingon, Vulcan, or Romulan for you.

One is here:
http://www.mrklingon.org/

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the Manglish but suggest that you put a little more meat on the hook. Tell him your church congregation had a special offering and collected $47,500.00 for your grandson's treatment. You have just cashed the check and it should pay for his treatments.

Quote:
The great news, my gathering of church installed special offering and the generous people gave $47,500.00 for my grandson' processing of S. I just cashed the cheque and it should pay its processing.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does this count as a Manglish variant? Bradley Morrihan is not happy with a verbose Lad:

Quote:
Yuo took a whole lot of time telling me sqaut, and then theres this stuff abuot the High Cuort, what are they diong getting involved in this, how can any bloody cuort be relevant to bank business, then yuo imply that the poeple at my bank are corrupt, how bloody dare yuo, I dont care how bent they might be in Africa, yuo just keep a civil tongeu in yuor haed, and thats final!
Another thing, yuo talked abuot fees, what the bleu blazes am I paying for, yuo havent done anything yet.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I still think the LOLcat baits were the absolute funniest use of Manglish I've ever seen. Darn it, who was was the brilliant baiter that started that? I just about fell down laughing, and then started doing LOLcat baits myself! I had a few that ran for weeks before the lads finally threw their hands up in the air in frustration and walked away.

Will the original brilliant LOLcat baiter please stand up? My early-onset Alzheimers seems to be kicking in and I can't remember who it was...

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sunshine? Very Happy

I can has mugu?

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guilty as charged Smile

One technique I use when dealing with a lad whose grasp on the English language is tenuous at best is to go into arcane english overdrive using the most complex words possible (including some I made up for de-education purposes).

I baited as a dragon for a while who had a rather medaeval and poetic take on the English language: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151325

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Bishop-Basher
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice idea 'Manglish' as an art form... Here's an intersting phenomona for natural English speakers -

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!lol:)SmileSmileSmileSmile

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe humans are not that different in different cultures,
Quote:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can....
works in German too, very well.
And also to produce a good Manglish is not problem four ours.
Bishop-Basher
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could've phrased that better Wink - I meant anybody that has a reasonable grasp of English... It is quite surprising how easily it can still be read though

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another lazy way I generate Manglish is to randomly paste other lads' responses as my own. A surprising number of lads don't even notice, but they're probably only looking for the words money, Western Union, or payment.

I must pimp what NTBS is doing with Manglish in this thread. He's taken it to new heights and may get a dolla chop out of it to boot.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It is quite surprising how easily it can still be read though

Screen readers have a fit, though. Mine is still spitting out consonants and moaning vowels. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
VicMackey
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
for my grandson' processing of S

That's actually got me crying with laughter. Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 5
Pith Helmet (Group effort) - Oy3nka Ch1d1nma Lagos to Cotonou

'You are meant to obey our instructions not giving us instructions!!!' - 'Dr' Marc Benioff
'I will see who will regreat this at last good luck' - 'Professor' Charles Sudoku
'Why do you liar you never send any money instead of try to cone us,or are you having another idea of Cheat the poor boy and take his consignment away.' - Alhaji Mohammed
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sunshine! That's right, apologies for forgetting... Embarassed

I'm still laughing...

In fact, I'm going to go start up a few LOLcat baits right now, in your honor!

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
KINDLY FEEL YOUR FURM FIRST THEN I WILL DIRECT WHAT TO DO
Laughing

Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to know, what is an LOLCAT bait?

_______
_______
_______
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ lolcats bait ?
up some posts dora the extrematora has posted links to the pages, where 'sunshine' has introduced the lolcat way of manglish - baiting (can I has mugu?)

and regarding
Quote:
I could've phrased that better- I meant anybody that has a reasonable grasp of English...
I meant that the principle of recognizing the meaning works the same also in german, for example. and I guess, in other languages too.

Last edited by frank.lester on Mon May 18, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The key to a successful lolcat bait is to use a lolcat speech generator:

http://speaklolcat.com/

This is all just in silly fun. Wink It's certainly not the most effective baiting modality - yer probably not gonna get any safaris or trophies out of it - but what you WILL get is the hilarious entertainment value of watching your lads get all frustrated trying to communicate with a CAT! Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic