SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

important question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrdudeguy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically I was a victim of an advance fee fraud. I fell for it and didn't find out about this type of scam until it was too late. Now the scammer has sent me another check in the mail and is trying to get me to send the funds to him. I really would love to waste his time at this point. In other words, I want to make him believe I don't know the last transaction was a scam and that I will cooperate with this new one so that I can waste his time for as long as possible. The problem is that when it worked the first time he got my name, address, telephone number, etc because he was supposed to be buying a van from me. So, would it be a bad idea to toy with him at this point? Should I just make up and excuse and let it go? Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Tropicana
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would personally drop the matter, not feeling comfortable with him having that information. Although it seems that most of the time, they wouldn't actually know what to do with that kind of information, or they'd be to lazy to do anything if you took him for a ride. But the first rule around here always seems to be to Bait Safe, so I get the feeling it'll be generally recommended against.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi mrdudeguy and welcome to Eater!

I am so sorry that you were scammed! But I am glad you are aware now and you are not going to be scammed any more. However, this scammer now has you RL information and for your safety you need to just drop him and ignore all communication from him from now on. If you need to, block his emails or even delete that email account.

The chance of this scammer being able to do anything to you is slim to none, but why take any chances? Once he knows he can't get any more money from you, he will just move on to another victim.

The best thing you can do now is to protect your information. You may want to visit our sister site, ScamWarners, http://www.scamwarners.com/ and post up any information you have on this scammer (leaving out your personal information) to prevent him from being able to scam others.

If you want to waste scammers time, you can bait, but I would suggest you get a new, fake gmail addy, pick up a new lad from our surplus forum, read the stickies, sign up for a mentor, and then have some fun! Very Happy

Again, though I am sorry for the circumstances for bringing you to Eater, but I am glad you are here now! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and Welcome! Since the scammer has your real life information, you should just stop all contact. You could tell him, sorry the van is already sold or something along those lines, or just stop communicating with him. Don't bother telling him that you know it is a scam, because you risk educating him as to what he did wrong.

Post up his information and maybe somebody else will try to bait him.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
mrdudeguy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Thank you all for the quick responses. Although this is the answer I expected to here it still makes me sad. This guy has put me in a situation that is going to be sooo hard to get out of. The only thing I could think was that maybe wasting his time would get him back at least a little. Anyway, I think that you are correct and I should just drop it. I will think of something. One last question. What information are you speaking of when you tell me to post his info so that maybe someone else will bait him? All I really have is his fake name and temporary email address. I have the addresses that money was wired too as well but what do I need to post in order for someone else to bait him? Thanks again.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrdudeguy wrote:
What information are you speaking of when you tell me to post his info so that maybe someone else will bait him?

Our policy is to have the original scam email, if possible, with headers. This is so someone (not that you would) doesn't just post up an email address of an ex-lover, husband, boss and then have us bait them. Wink

Posting the information over at ScamWarners is also good because many people search over there also. Not for baiting but for fraud prevention and education. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Scorpio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrdudeguy wrote:
I have the addresses that money was wired too as well but what do I need to post in order for someone else to bait him?

Welcome to eater, mrdudeguy! If you did a direct wire to a bank account, you can submit the bank info vis-à-vis this post so that the account can be closed down.

And please tell us you have his original scam email! Your story makes me want to go at him like a shark. Twisted Evil
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tropicana -

You've been here five days and made 14 posts, but you've used your time well. You have indeed learned a lot. Thumbs up

Whoever becomes your mentor will have an easy job of it. Welcome to you and to mrdudeguy! Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@mrdudeguy -if you are not sure what to post, you can always PM me with whatever information you have. I will make sure the lad gets the attention he deserves.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic