SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The one and only official F1 topic.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Inkerman wrote:
It's not the same since they banned cigarette advertising.

apparently there was once a famous advert showing an f1 car with the caption 'small family car'
the sponsor was durex
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Those were the good old hippie days. Now they're promoting Virgin's on the side boards. Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not Formula 1, but a Formula 3 car made out of carrots, potatoes and other vegetables, it runs on chocolate and vegetable oil Cool

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090505/tuk-race-car-gets-chocolate-power-6323e80.html

Quote:
A racing car which is powered and built from natural ingredients including chocolate, carrots and potatoes has been unveiled by researchers at the University of Warwick.

The scientists have built the competitive Formula 3 car - which can still do 125mph around corners - to show how much can be done with environmentally sustainable technologies.

The "WorldFirst Formula 3 racing car" runs on fuel made from waste chocolate and vegetable oil, has a steering wheel derived from carrots and other root vegetables, a flax fibre and soybean oil foam racing seat and bodywork made from potatoes.

The researchers based in the university's Warwick Manufacturing Group and the Warwick Innovative Manufacturing Research Centre said the car met all the Formula 3 racing standards except for the engine fuel as competing cars currently cannot use biodiesel.

The car is the world's first Formula 3 racing car designed and made from sustainable and renewable materials and is now ready to drive, the team said.

Dr Steve Maggs, of the research team, said embracing the "green is great ethos" meant working throughout the construction chain from the raw materials used to the final disposal of the car.

Project manager James Meredith said: "It's been very exciting working on the project and important for our team to develop a working example of a truly 'green' motor racing car.

"The WorldFirst project expels the myth that performance needs to be compromised when developing the sustainable motor vehicles of the future."

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:

Quote:
which can still do 125mph around corners

And on the straight too, no doubt. Please delete your post before some fecklestone sees it. Next thing we know he'll appoint Fred Flintstone to be his successor.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Were back up and running, I'm currently watching Practice 2 live from Barcelona.

The Brawns are still quick, Button was fastest in P1, though Nakajima's Williams is currently quickest. Piquet, who's job is under threat has just binned it. The Mclarens are 9th and 11th atm.

Ferrari continue to be pants, Kimi just said on the radio that his KERS has packed up again. Meanwhile, BMW have chucked their KERS in the skip (hopefully for recycling Smile )

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Button giving driving lessons again. Brawn's leaded the pack, followed by the Red Bulls. Ferrari screwed up again, first in a miscalculation during qualifying, in the race Kimi's car died, and they sent Massa away with too little fuel which cost him two places Shocked .. Hamilton was lapped by the winner, that must have hurt.

HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
As for the engineering/software question? The one thing you can be sure of is that it isn't down to the skill of the driver. Not when someone as mediocre as Button can win 3 out of 4 races.

Slightly, think of it this way:

Give any driver a crap car and he will be crap regardless of his ability.

Give a crap driver a good car and the most likely he will improve but still not win anything.

Give a good driver a good car and he will most likely win.

Don't judge someone as crap just because they were only give crap cars in the past. The best cars still need a good driver to win just as the best drivers need a good car.

And judging by recent performances, the Brawn and the Red Bull teams both have cars of near equal quality.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree fully with HitchHiker. It's the combination that counts. That, and team tactics of course, the extra pitstop for Barichello didn't exactly turned out the way it should .. he was the fastest on the grid in qualifying this weekend, but ended second. (Not too sure if Brawn planned it that way though, maybe it's more important for them to have Jenson get the maximum points for the championship)

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rubens looked shell shocked after the race, he still couldn't see how he's lost the lead. If they ban refuelling next year, strategey shifts will become a thing of the past. Ross Brawn, of course, is a master of the art.

After the traditional Ferrari pantomime, it must have hurt Massa to have to save one laps worth of fuel in the last 4 laps, at the expense of 2 places. He did well to get over the line though. Watching WSBK from Monza, Ben Spies ran out of fuel in the lead, halfway round the last corner. Crying or Very sad

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be happy to see the back of pit stops unless they are needed to sort out punctures or collisions.

They should allow unlimited Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) which gives a short boost effect when needed and is used at the discretion of the driver.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HitchHiker wrote:

Give any driver a crap car and he will be crap regardless of his ability.

Give a crap driver a good car and the most likely he will improve but still not win anything.

Give a good driver a good car and he will most likely win.

I don't agree. Look at Hamilton and Kovalainen. Hamilton has finished in the points 3 times (4 if you count his dq) but Kovalainen has just managed one. Qualifying-wise Kovalainen is nowhere near Hamilton.
The fact is that Hamilton is just a better driver and he makes the performance of the McLaren look better than it is. Kovalienen is probably a truer indicator of the car's ability.
Good drivers can make crap cars go better.

The same goes with Button. I honestly reckon that the Brawn is just so good this year, you could put anyone in it and they would win. I disagree with the statement that a crap driver would just improve. Put a granny in a Porshe up against a boy-racer on a moped and the granny will probably win.
Take a look at Button when he was driving a crap car though and you'll see that he never really pulled out anything special - he never managed to exceed that car's limits as Hamilton does with the McLaren.

Nah. I can't rave over Button. An average driver in an excellent car. I'm not saying that it's anything new, but in the past few years it's tended to be good drivers in good cars who've taken the championship. It's been the top teams and they've always had the top drivers (money talks). This year it's the team that's going to win the championship for the driver - not a combination of both.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Brawn's (and Redbulls) are superior. I agree with that totally. Put Hamilton/ Massa/ Raikonen/ Alonso in one of these and they'll win every race and even lap the number 2 driver on most occasions. It sure looks like the teams are making the difference.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This page will give you an idea of what I'm talking about and is interesting if you like the statistics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenson_Button

If you go down the bottom and look at the graphs you can click on the team that Button was driving for that year.
Apart from Villeneuve (who was retiring) and Sato (who was just starting out), Button has been outpaced by his team-mates. Fisichella, Ralph Shumacher and Baricello all out-perfomed him.

The weird thing is that Button has been driving with Baricello as his team-mate for 4 seasons (they were at Honda together). This is the first season where Button has been consistently better. My take on it is that the car has been designed around Button - he was the guy who gave it the shakedowns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brawn_BGP_001

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ might be a psychological aspect also .. Jenson outperforming himself, feeling great in a superb car, compared to Kimi (or Massa) driving an astonishingly uncompetitive Ferrari.

You being a statistics freak Question : can you distill the best driver on the grid at the moment comparing with former drivers/ teams?

My guess is still Hamilton or Alonso (just a gut feeling)

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd go with Alonso by far. He's driving a piece of shit but still holding his own and he has a proven track record. Can't stand him myself but there is no denying that he's one of the best.
I'd love to say Hamilton but he hasn't been around long enough.

The one that has disappointed me is Mark Webber. Again, a cracking driver. Always had mediocre cars but always got decent results. Then, the one year he gets a decent drive, he's outshone by his team-mate (Vettel).
Plenty of time in the season left. Maybe he'll come good.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The FIA are doing everything that they can to screw the sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8058903.stm

Adolf Mosley's attitude is that Ferrari can go stuff themselves. It just goes to show how out of touch he and the FIA are with the sport's fan-base and with it's very ethos.
If the big teams step down, then what is F1? It's certainly not the best motor-sport as it won't have the best competitors. Just like last year's crackpot points idea, the two tier system is a joke. All they're interested in is getting more teams to compete and more money into the FIA coffers. They don't give a shit if those teams are second-rate as long as they can pay up to the cap limit.

If it comes about, Ferrari's question "Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it Formula GP3?" are the truest words spoken.

What gets me is that F1 has been running pretty smoothly for the last 50 years (the only time it really had problems was during the civil war which Ecclestone played a big part in). Now all of a sudden, a flurry of the daftest ideas seem to be put forward or implemented. It's almost as if the FIA is working on a time limit to purposefully destroy the sport.

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I missed the qualifying sessions today, but it's great to see 2 Ferrari's back in the top 5 starting grid for the race tomorrow. The Monaco circuit is one that separates the boys from the men they say. The smallest mistake is enough to write off their cars, because there's little or no run off space. Of course Jenson has the better car at the moment, but it takes big balls to be fastest on the grid even then on a non forgiving circuit like that. Too bad for Lewis parking his McLaren the way he did . Nice also to see Kimi waking up from his hibernation.

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just read that Prodrive are entering next year, with a view to branding the car Aston Martin in 2011.

A MOCKUP of what that car could look like in the Gulf livery that Aston ran at LeMans.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Aston Martin in F1 would be great.

All FOTA teams signed up for next year after all (under certain budget conditions) as well as Lola and Prodrive .. Rumours go Toyota and Renault are going to back out eventually because of the economical crisis, and ING backing out as Renault sponsor.

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jenson on the onboard radio after finishing first place: "You guys built me a monster of a car." They sure did. The Brawns are insuperable.

Coming Friday FIA will publish the team entrance list for 2010. Seems the FOTA teams are exploring the possibilities for creating a whole new racing class themselves. Total chaos.

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

However good his car is, Jenson didn't make a mistake all day, unlike his lighter and faster rival Vettel, who got to turn 9 on the first lap before he cocked it up and let JB by.

I noticed Vettel didn't say one word to Webber after the race.
Paranoia is setting in with Rubens who is wondering why thing only go wrong on 'his side' of the garage.

Hamilton has got used to the idea that his car is an uncompetetive dog, and will remain so all year whatever he says or does, and took his now customary thrashing with good grace and humour, unlike previous outings where he was monosylabilic as he chucked his toys out of the pram. Character building stuff, as all his life he has had the best car/go cart/Pussycat Doll/whatever.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mosley breaks the impasse between FOTA and FIA. Brilliant. All the FOTA teams have to do is to enter for 2010 unconditionally. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
“Under the International Sporting Code (Art. 66) we cannot now change the published 2010 rules unless we have the consent of all the competitors who have entered,”

Linky

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's official, KERS (the kinetic energy storage and recovery system) is toast next season, and not just when Kimi's catches fire again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8088272.stm

McLaren were hoping to be the sole supplier next year, now it's abandoned, please can they take it off now and chuck it in the skip, like Renault and BMW?

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I noticed Vettel didn't say one word to Webber after the race.
Paranoia is setting in with Rubens who is wondering why thing only go wrong on 'his side' of the garage.

Yes I found that rather amusing! Just before you get on the podium? No, on the podium? No lol

As for Rubens, what a face that was! one very unhappy bunny

Quote:
Hamilton has got used to the idea that his car is an uncompetetive dog, and will remain so all year whatever he says or does, and took his now customary thrashing with good grace and humour, unlike previous outings where he was monosylabilic as he chucked his toys out of the pram. Character building stuff, as all his life he has had the best car/go cart/Pussycat Doll/whatever.

hahaha well said that man!
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The FIA vs FOTA saga continues. FIA press release

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic