SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Supposed Gorgeous Rich Man Working in Nigeria

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SMARTONEHERE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heres the basics.

His name was THOMAS BRADDOCK from KELLER, VA.

He sent pics that looked like a gorgeous model.... standing beside a laborgini, bmx bike, showering. Even sent a pic of his "model girlfriend who died in a riding accident." of course, she was gorgeous to.

Proposed immediatley. Said he was born to wealthy parents who had died in an accident. He claims to have no other family.

Says he is working in Nigeria as a contractor, building bridges and roads but wants to settle down and not travel anymore.

Sweet talk all the way. Luved me immediately. Luved my pics and I let him even view me on webcam. he claims to live with 3 crew members: abbey (who is also his best friend), ken and Charles. Of course, they all "saw me on cam and were going crazy for me."

I told him i was a poor chick from the South and he laughed and told me how much he just loved me bc I was not after his money.

He found me on Myspace. Then, when he thought he had me, he deleted his profile "because he was not searching any longer."

Tries to keep you online all the time. possessive and seems vulnerable.
I saw this site last night after talking to him and realized he was scamming me, or gonna try.

I immediately brushed him off, at which time he seemed very hurt because i did not care about his feelings. then i told him that I did not believe he was who he said he was and that I was an intelligent woman who new about nigeria lonely hearts scams.

dont fall for it, ladies. hes a fake. he got nothing from me, but I took away some precious time he could have spent taking some poor lonely heart's money... and dignity.

Dont be duped. questions, i will try and help.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome SmarterOne !!!

I'm so glad you found us here...

Yeah the story sounds familiar to many.

Years before I knew what scambaiting was, I was contacted (I was single mom who'd put up a dating profile) by some guy who was in africa and couldn't hear (so he didn't need a cell phone), who was an only child, and his parents were dead...and he really needed ME to cash postal money orders for him....

I looked the scam up on the USPS Warning page and sent him a link to it.

I was so proud of myself, my inner nice girl didn't get used again..

Years later I came across here and decided, it was a good cause, and wanted to see if I could help...

It's only been about 6 months but it has been really rewarding and more fun that what we (my husband & I) could have thought it would be Smile

Glad you joined us - it's a great past time Smile

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater smartone. Glad to hear you were able to find out he was attempting to scam you before you lost any money to him.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Smartone!

Glad you made it here before losing any money or your heart!

A little advice:

1) Break all contact with this scammer. He has too much of your real life info. If he tries to contact you again, cut him off. Block his number and his emails.

2) Be on the lookout for new scammer approaches. He might try to approach you himself with another character and another story, or he may share your info with other scammers. He may also sign you up for lots of spam once he decides he doesn't have a chance.

3) If you have given your scammer any info that might allow him to access or hack any email accounts, your myspace page, etc. make sure you take appropriate security measures.

4) If you want to make life a little bit more difficult for the love scammers, read the stickies, set up a shiny new myspace page, dating profile, etc, all under fake info, pick up a few new ones (actually, they will gladly pick you up) and have fun!

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh you did good. All the members here are doing exactly the same thing as you only under invented nicknames and false pretenses. Otherwise it's pretty nice here, lots of love and safaries ... Twisted Evil
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome SMARTONEHERE.

I am so glad you have posted the above. Anyone using a googlesearch for his name will be pointed here to read your post. That may save another victim.

The advice given above is sound and I hope you follow it. Read as much as you can about safe baiting if you wish to join us, and also tell friends to always be wary about internet love. It happens, but is very rare, and is often just a cruel and a pretend love used merely as a way into your purse.

Edit - Unsure if English purse means the same in USA - small money bag

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
roselily
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was contacted through myspace from Thomas Braddock of Keller Virginia... just like another post on here ... and everything she said he did... to the letter... but I let it carry on until he asked me for $1600 dollars to fly back from Nigeria so he could get some money because supposedly the apartment got robbed and they stole $125,000 and he needed the money to finish a job... them he was to return to the states for good and we would love and live happily. After he supposedly got mad because I told him I had nothing and couldn't help him, I forwarded him to the other post about him and he claimed to be a victim... then I told him I tracked where he got his photos from... focus hawaii modeling site and then I told him he was a low down snake and he signed off. And seems to be refusing to respond to my text messages... Thanks for the the post!!! You really helped a girl out!
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done and congratulations to the OP SMARTONEHERE.

I am so happy these posts saved you from being scammed roselily.

I know that many more will be alerted and saved if this scammer was profiled at our sister site Scamwarners.com

I am sending you the mail address of one of the support team members by PM. She will be glad if you would send on any mails, photographs, dating sites used and other information about this scammer.

She will also be pleased to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Bird
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SMARTONEHERE wrote:
Heres the basics.

His name was THOMAS BRADDOCK from KELLER, VA.

He sent pics that looked like a gorgeous model.... standing beside a laborgini, bmx bike, showering. Even sent a pic of his "model girlfriend who died in a riding accident." of course, she was gorgeous to.

Proposed immediatley. Said he was born to wealthy parents who had died in an accident. He claims to have no other family.

Says he is working in Nigeria as a contractor, building bridges and roads but wants to settle down and not travel anymore.

Sweet talk all the way. Luved me immediately. Luved my pics and I let him even view me on webcam. he claims to live with 3 crew members: abbey (who is also his best friend), ken and Charles. Of course, they all "saw me on cam and were going crazy for me."

I told him i was a poor chick from the South and he laughed and told me how much he just loved me bc I was not after his money.

He found me on Myspace. Then, when he thought he had me, he deleted his profile "because he was not searching any longer."

Tries to keep you online all the time. possessive and seems vulnerable.
I saw this site last night after talking to him and realized he was scamming me, or gonna try.

I immediately brushed him off, at which time he seemed very hurt because i did not care about his feelings. then i told him that I did not believe he was who he said he was and that I was an intelligent woman who new about nigeria lonely hearts scams.

dont fall for it, ladies. hes a fake. he got nothing from me, but I took away some precious time he could have spent taking some poor lonely heart's money... and dignity.

Dont be duped. questions, i will try and help.

Ha ha hilarious. Gorgeous, standing beside Lamborgini. Dead parents, dead girlfriend or wife and a gorgeous one on a top as well. Contractor in Nigeria. Aren't they always.
Don't worry SMARTONEHERE we can smell these chaps a mile away. It's always the same story anyway ...
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you were able to find this with a google search Roselilly. That's why we encourage people to post their experiences here and on www.ScamWarners.com so others can do the same as you. Thumbs up

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
herself!
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That sounds very familiar to me..I'm currently talking to a woman who claims to be a charity worker in nigeria. story is the same..no family..dead former partner..loved me within a week.its been a few months of talking all the time and now she has started asking for money..to come home because she wants us to be together.i thought it was a scam..but i think i was in denial or something.then i stumbled across this and now im sure. i feel like an idiot for falling for it.but thanks guys for saving me!!!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Herself

Welcome to the Romance Department of 419 Eater.

Please, dont feel like an idot, these people are professionals and it is easy for the unsuspecting to get caught up in it.

If you could please post any of the emails you received, especially the early ones including any email addresses or phone numbers you received.

We can post the information at Scamwarners as well and there is a good chance the information will save somebody else.

If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask.

You may also get some benefit out of a visit to www.scamwarners.com the people over there are very friendly and helpful and know a lot about various scams

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic