SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

One Of The Dumbest Scam Intro Letters I've Ever Seen

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen come across my catcher account.

Quote:
- ATTENTION SIR AND GOOD FRIEND.COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON.FROM THE AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN INTERNATIONAL AGENCY TRACKING THE FRUAD STARS.PLEASE SIR /MADAM THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED ANY SCAM MAIL THEN YOU HAVE CHANCES OF WINNING AN AWARD THIS SEASON IN OUR AGENCY AS DIRECTED BY THE UNITED NATIONS FRAUD DICATATION OFFICE SPAIN.WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS ONE SEND TO US ANY FRAUD EMAIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED HAVING THE TELEHOPNE,FAX AND EMAIL ADDRESS OF ANY SCAMMER FROM ANY PART OF THE WORLD.TWO.IN CASE YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED BY THESE HUDLUMS PLEASE SEND TO US YOUR COMMUNICATIONS WITH THEM SO AS TO TRACK THEM VIA CID AND FRAUD SQUAD AND RETURN YOUR MONEY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.THREE.SEND TO US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION .TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER FOR MORE INFORMATION. FOUR .EXAMPLES OF THERE LETTERS INCLUDE.THEY LOST LOVED ONE AND HAS HUGE AMOUNT TOTRANSFER TO YOU.YOU HAVE WIN LOTTERY AND NEED TO CLAIM IT.AND NUMEROUSE STORIES LIKE SUCH.AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE YOUR INFORMATION WE SHALL NOTIFY YOU IF YOUR INFORMATION PASSED OUR BASIC REQUIRMENTS.THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN HELPING US SOLVE THIS PROBLEM THAT HAVE CAUSED MANY LOST OF HARD EARNED MONEY BY OUR PEOPLE .REGARDS.MISS MARY J OGE WILLIAMS.ECOWAS REGIONAL CONTROL +228-8157065.SPAIN HEAD OFFICE.reply also [email protected]

From the look of this, it would appear that this lad is already off-script!

luckey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Pretty standard recovery scam. They are hoping to find someone who has already been scammed, or someone who thinks they can take advantage of all of the free money they'll be handing out. That one is not especially well written, but recovery scams can be very effective.

blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I imagine recovery scams can be VERY effective when they get a hold of an emotional victim who is searching for hope in ANY form.

Man I hate these guys.... Evil or Very Mad

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Recovery scams are effective because they target victims who have already paid some money in many cases.

This one seems to be also looking for script material

p.
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're right... now that I've re-read it with the above points taken, it is a standard recovery scam. The writing was awful and confusing - I thought that they were having a contest in which anyone submitting a scam letter that they had received got an entry into their "lottery". I guess I'm as guilty as the lads are for not reading my emails.

I am very sorry and will try to be more diligent about this in the future. Now I have to get back to my newest "pastor" and get him to travel into Chad.

ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jreh wrote:
The writing was awful and confusing - I thought that they were having a contest in which anyone submitting a scam letter that they had received got an entry into their "lottery".

Me, too. You could always play up that angle with them.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

standard recovery scam

these are VERY easy to bait and fun because they beleive almost anything you tell them

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I responded and they asked me to send them a copy of any letter that I had received. I sent one, telling them that I have never fallen for a scam because scammers are too damned stupid to fool anyone of even moderate intelligence.

It didn't matter... they told me that I still stand to gain from it:

Quote:
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN STANDS VIVIDLY AS WE SHALL DISCOURSE IN THE AGREEMENT OF SERVICE TO THE UNITED NATION FRAUD AND SCAM TRACKING OFFICE.

I have a feeling that I know where this is going, so to throw a monkey wrench into the machine, I replied:

Quote:
You don't need to worry about compensating me for anything, because, as I said before, I have never fallen for any of these scams, and have not lost anything. I would just like to see these scumbags put behind bars, or better yet, pissed on and buried alive like they deserve to be.

It will be interesting to see how they reply.

luckey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN STANDS VIVIDLY AS WE SHALL DISCOURSE IN THE AGREEMENT OF SERVICE TO THE UNITED NATION FRAUD AND SCAM TRACKING OFFICE.

Gotta love that fancy talk. Laughing

Looks like you found a keeper.

Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How very interesting. Is there a tutorial in the Baiter University forum on how to bait this scam? There probably is. -Goes to check-

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
jreh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If this gets to the "pay me" stage, you can bet that good ol' M7TN S3cur3 will be involved before I get a bank account, and then chop his dolla. Those are always good for a laugh.

Proto419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any way you could hint that your friend also got scammed, and maybe drop your "friend's" email address? I wouldn't mind baiting this guy too, as it seems like a good bait for an early baiter like me.

BTW, Your "friend's" email is [email protected]. Very Happy

edit: replace the 3's with e's...
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@proto419 - I think this may be it, from the OP.
[email protected] Wink Cool

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if they are also shopping for free formats. Could be an opportunity to inject your own twisted introductory letter into the stream.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Proto Definitely snatch up this lad. Drop him an email! Send him a particularly nice, totally useless, little scam letter in case he's hoping for free formats to boot. The good thing about recovery scams is they have no idea what went on, so you can have a lot of fun...but don't go overboard. Wink

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic