SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My Anti virus found a trojan

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Diyuki
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SHeur2.IAV, in my system volume information whatever that is.

Anyway I did some googling on it and found nothing about it, so does anyone know how I could have gotten this trojan and what are some things i has done to my computer?

Note it had to have come onto my computer in the past 24 hours, because my scan last night found nothing.

The only websites I have been on today, are 419eater, gmail and fox news. Thats it, I haven't downloaded anything from gmail, and I doubt this place had viruses. So fox news is the only place left.

What gives?
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A trojan can slip in the back door. Have you updated Microsoft with all the patches.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds as though your AV is doing it's job, has it quarantined it? if so, follow the steps to remove.

The chances are that if it's been caught, it won't have got past your AV, but do a system scan anyway

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You may find more help with that infection here, by googling agent.IAV
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=rJc&q=agent.IAV&btnG=Search

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking for an old track on Limewire, hadn't used it for ages. I was silly enough to download the first file which showed up with the name of the track I wanted. It was a virus but my AV software picked it up and quarantined it.

I've seen that most of the titles I've since searched for on Limewire come up with non-music files listed which have 20 or 30 hosts and which don't give drop down information as to their file type. I presume these are viruses or trojans. All the mp3 files show a drop down with the name of the artist, the title, the file type, the albumn and duration of the track.

I'm more circumspect with what I download now, but thankfully my AV software did it's job.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spybot Search & Destroy is very good. You can get it here.
You'll most likely want to turn off the resident shield (Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident>TeaTimer.) Otherwise it does a full scan every time you boot up.

System volume information is another way of saying system restore, you can't alter this information, the only thing you can do is delete it. That way you won't be tempted to "restore" to a point where you had a trojan.

If you're using XP, right click, select properties on my computer. pick the system restore tab and check the " turn off system restore" box. Hit apply and your done, no more nasties. Wink Turning it off clears the memory, Don't forget to turn it back on afterwards.

This is a fairly new virus, I expect you've had it for a day or two but it's only just made it in to your AV's definitions, so your scan didn't show it up before.

Little tip: Scan your downloads before opening them. It saves a lot of heartache, and avoid limewire like the plague, it's riddled.

pilgrim
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ As RTCB says, you can delete your existing restore files by turning off restore. Some trojans "hide" in restore files. Your AV may detect them but be unable to quarantine or delete them there. That happened to me, and the AV support person told me to turn off restore. I did so, deleting the restore files, and the trojan disappeared. I have since reactivated restore.

United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic