SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why don't newspapers check their stories?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Such as this one
No 1960s domestic equipment had LED displays and touch pads. It would only have taken the journalist a minute to google on "Panasonic NE-691" and find out that it's a 1984 model.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, we're selling newspapers, we write about the news or make it if we have to, but where did we mention that the facts are real? It's always someones opinion they post there and not all people are equal Laughing

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer is easy: checking a story is work... Wink

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If newspapers (and the media in general) checked their facts we wouldn't need Media Watch and Snopes.com would have a lot less work to do.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As much as I tend to believe most things I read, though I'm often sceptical about spin being put on the story, the few times in my life I've read a newspaper article about an event where I was actually there, or involved, there were gross inaccuracies, that the average reader would knot have known about.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Researching on something that is too difficult will leave frustrated and wastes valuable time.

* I did this will Hokkaido-ben, I don't recommend searching google for 5+ hours for something that doesn't give you much to begin with.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if only foxnews checked their sources as well... like the american public

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Your bias is showing.

Most "news outlets" get their information from one or two central sources. They just transfer what they got directly as "their" report. Some do put their own "spin" on the things they report.

As I think about it deeper, most of us put our own spin on everything we do. It is called a World View. Some places just have a World View that doesn't include checking the facts... Confused

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

never let the truth, get in the way of a good story.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Believe none of what you read and only half of what you see"

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or by puting a hook "spin" on it Wink There is none so blind as those that choose not to listen

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to me to be the same gullibility that causes people to fall for scams.
It's clearly not 1960s technology, yet the story's all over the Internet.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first microwaves I saw in the 70s did not have displays like that but big whacking dials.
And no turntables
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a 1981 'Thermatronic' (love the name) microwave that was part of the original equipment on our boat. Yup, it has dials and big push buttons. That Panasonic from the news article looks way more modern than mine.

Mine still runs well, but just in case I don't stand close to it when it's running. Wink .

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just Jane wrote:
We have a 1981 'Thermatronic' (love the name) microwave
Mine still runs well, but just in case I don't stand close to it when it's running. Wink .

Mfd by Thermador I believe. (I used to sell appliances.)

I think your caution is well placed. Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sloppy reporting really annoys me.

I've just watched a report on our TV news tonight about an armed offender confrontation on Friday where the offender challenged a truck driver with a sawn off .22 calibre rifle. The TV News advertised the segment with the description that they were interviewing the truck driver who had been threatened with a "sawn off shotgun".

They obviously recognised that the weapon had it's barrel and stock shortened, but incorrectly assumed that it had to be a shotgun.

The fact that an innocent bystander was killed by a shot, and for a while it wasn't sure if he'd been killed by the offender or by the armed police on the scene, didn't clarify matters. If the victim had been killed by a shotgun then there would definitely have been no confusion.

I put it down to plain laziness, or that the pressures of meeting a deadline don't allow time for checking facts.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ScamViking wrote:
The answer is easy: checking a story is work... Wink

And work costs money. Money better spent on covering the 2000 Obama stories. Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic