SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think I have been scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
gablain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, well i was having a conversation with a guy on e-mail. He was offering me an amazing deal on a graphics card. So he send me his paypal account and i payed him the amount of 340$. We were having a conversation for about an hour or so, and he was always responding to my emails after less then 5 minutes or so. Since i sent him the money, he's not answering me anymore. I am really worried since this is my first time with paypal and i am not verry familiar with it. If i got screwed, how can i get my money back ? My paypal account is not verified, is that an issue ? Maybe im just paranoing, but this was all my economy and it was really a good deal, maybe to good to be true...

I should also say that he send an image of the item, wich was dark and i could not see the thing. But since i openned the file, is it possible that he included a keylogger or something in it ?

The guy was called rahul sami if that rings a bell for someone

So please help me get out of this situation

Thank you and sorry for the verry long post Smile
Fredd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A google search gave me 4200 hits on that name. Do a search and see if any of them might be your guy.

Contact Paypal, find out what their policies are. I once got ripped off by a guy on ebay, but since I had followed all the "standard practices" I got most of my money back.

How did you "meet" this guy on email?

By your atitude, you're frustrating my future and my life.
gablain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I found him on craiglist. Rahul sami is a known guy in computer tech. I asked him if he new that guy and he said no, so he is not related to the guy on the internet
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi gablain and welcome!

I am sorry this happened to you. PayPal has a Resolution Center to dispute a transaction. I have never had to use it, but I have heard good things about it. Maybe you could try that?

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
HaveFaith
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I may be wrong but I think you can put a hold on payment if you just made it, but dispute it and if you dont receive your product you should get your money back and paypal will go after the scammer hopefully.

na your papa you want do wash wash, you be small boy wa dey lean g and e nor go pay you. fool

Free Pastor Frank
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Gablain,
Did you check the file extension of the file that he sent you?

Even if it is a jpg (or a picture file) it is still *possible* that he has sent you a keylogger, but it is very difficult for most of them to get past your antivirus if it is up to date.

Also many email programs will not allow a suspicious file through to your inbox no matter what antivirus you have on your own pc.

Some keyloggers are bound to a jpg so that they look like a picture but they are really an exe file but it's unlikely *I think* that it would have got past both your antivirus, and the email antivirus policy *assuming you're using something fairly mainstream like Yahoo or Gmail?

I'd run a scan of your system just to be on the safe side though. Most keyloggers won't show up on the task manager, but if you select Ctrl Alt and H you might get one to show up if it is there.

And I've had good experience with Paypal when a buyer has not sent me goods that they've bought and if you contact them quickly they will hopefully be able to help you.

Good luck!

NOBODY IS TRYING TO TRICK YOU MADAM. ALL I ASK FOR IS THE INFORMATION OF WHICH YOU USE IN SENDING THE $575. SO KINDLY SEND IT TO US--- Ad@m Ben$on

YOUR SON 1S ASK1NG ME TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH HOLD1NG THE S1GN *1 LOVE DA1SY DUCK*, BUT MADAM CONCERN1NG TH1S TRANSACT1ON 1 FEEL THAT YOUR SON 1S TRY1NG TO EMBARASS ME---Ad@m Ben$on
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used Paypal's dispute resolution center recently and it worked fine.

I bought something from an Ebay seller who never shipped the item to me.

It took about ten days for Paypal to investigate and credit my account
with the money I sent to the seller.

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Opps I crapped my pants
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you said you were not verified but do you know if he was? Also paypal is pretty good with there dispute resolution center I have heard several people say they took care of it Exclamation

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Closed lad accounts X22

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE AND PLEASE I NEED THE MONEY FOR MY SON TO CLEAR THE HOSPITAL BILL
gablain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

helle, thank you for the answers, verry informative Smile

I made a claim using paypal. He recieved the claim and then suddely he seems interested in me again... He wants me to remove the claim, because he says he was about to send the item but know because of that he can not access his paypal somehow. But if i cancel the claim, paypal says that i can not re-open the case... So should I cancel it ? If i don't cancel it, he'll have to send a tracking number to paypal to proove his shipping, so i would be alright no?

What should i do ?

Thanx guys Rolling Eyes
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have him send teh item first and then, once it is in your hands, you can cancel the claim. If he doesn't agree then go ahead and cancel the clain anyway. there are plenty more graphics cards to buy elsewhere....

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DO NOT STOP THE CLAIM with Pay Pal, PP recovery service is very good, I've used it a few times for stuff that hasn't arrived on E-bay. But I'm only claiming small amounts, But regardless of that a claim is a claim.. The last one took less then 24 hours as the seller developed a no send policy, and the complaints just snowballed.

But I take it you have sent the file [all the e-mails] to PP, They will access the situation and simply deduct the amount from the sellers account. With no "beg your pardons" and pay it into your account. They will also deduct there 3% handleing fee, from his account. You will in turn get an e-mail from PP informing you that should the item turn up, YOU must pay for it.

A verification simply means PP know your residential address, and will not have any effect on your claim. I've been dealing with E-bay and Pay Pal for years and my account still tells me the account is not verified, I've even spoken to there call back centre in Mumbai, And while the operator was most helpful, It's still showing a Not-verified notice.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. Do not cancel the claim.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here. Don't cancel the claim. If you cancel, you lose every bit of leverage that you have. You'll take any official pull you have out of the loop and then you're on your own. You'll also give this guy the chance to just carry on scamming as basically you'll be saying he's not guilty.

That said, I can't believe the number of guys here who say that Paypal's Resolution service is any good.
I got ripped off by some jerk-off when buying a PC a couple of years back and got £80 back out of £250. Once I got the £80, Paypal simply didn't want to know any more and as far as they were concerned it was case closed.

Luckily, the little shit didn't live to far away from me. And after a few very threatening phone calls involving the words "visit", "arms", "legs", "kneecapped", and "broken" I got nearly all my cash back.

Thanks for fuck all, Paypal.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
gablain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I won't cancell the claim thank you, he just sent me another e-mail saying that :

Me: ok i'll cancel it right now but be assured that i'll put it back if you don't send me the item, sorry i admit that i was quick on the claim, but i was just really insecure.

keep me updated

Him: Yes its ok, but you do not worry sir, everything will be A-OK
Thanx!

Me: Actually I can't cancell my claim, so just send tracking number and info to paypal and it will be alright

Him: Thats why I cannot, it says you could cancel it, I still need to buy things for your computer packaging, so nothing will happen till you cancel it.

Thanx!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's full of crap.

Just tell him you want your money back.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate to agree with the crazy squirrel, but, Do NOT cancel the claim. I went through this crap with PP about 1 year ago for an item not received. It took over 3 months and tons of phone calls to resolve it. Sounds to me like he is trying to screw you. DO NOT CANCEL the claim.
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
That said, I can't believe the number of guys here who say that Paypal's Resolution service is any good.

As I said "Slightly" I have only ever had small claims of less then 100 dollars.. perhaps the higher the amount the harder it is to get a refund.

Quote:
I won't cancell the claim thank you, he just sent me another e-mail saying that :

Me: ok i'll cancel it right now but be assured that i'll put it back if you don't send me the item

I have my doubts, that once a claim is cancelled it can be reinstated.
BUT have nothing to do with this person. All your business is now directed to Pay-pal. they will sort it out. I would say the seller is now attempting to cover his arse. As he knows he's wrong. Something else to consider, If you intend to post negative feedback, Do it now, Once the pay-pal claim is completed, and they call it a cancelled sale. You loose the right to any sort of feedback.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Ab5olutD
DB Please!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion, you should cancel the payment (not the claim) and get your money back.

Even if he is not a scammer (which I think he is), he is not a serious seller, and I would not deal with him. There are plenty of places where you can buy another graphic card.

Cheers!

F3rnando Just1ce: "I have given all of my work just now to do this" (286 clicks, 5hrs 6min 34sec)
Hag0p L0utf1c: "you are eating CHICKEN,I am eating nothing,this is not justice"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for a 100% risk free oportunity]</a> [Click here for WU, MG or BT forms]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic