SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What's the point in Scam Baiting? What do we get out of it?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phantom6969
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to this site, I've done my share of scam baiting, none of which is to the extent of what some of you have done. My hat is off to you, but as I've started my own scam baiting I wonder what is the point?

I mean, these retards are trying to steal our money, money from people who aren't as smart or in need of companionship, attention, dreams of being rich... so if we are scamming them, why isn't anyone baiting these guys into giving us money, scamming them out of a couple of bucks. I have read of few forums and all we've really done is waste their time, and in my opinion, our own, seems like the amount of time people have invested setting up fake email addresses, doing research of meet locations, writing countless emails, doesn't seem to be worth the payoff.

I'm not trying to down play the efforts of those who have already done some great scambaiting and have put a lot of time into their lads. I was just wondering how to really make them pay, because lets face it, these people ruin the lives of good hearted honest people. How can we ruin them??

Again. I praise the efforts of all of you scambaiters out there, job well done! Laughing
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We don't scam them we bait them.

Scamming them for ca$h would make you a lowlife scumbag too (especially in the eyes of the law) besides it wouldn't be their cash but a victims.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Read some of the threads here and you will see that we can and have, made the lives some scammers miserable. I don't get anything financially from this, I do it for the good karma, and the laughs.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phantom -- thank you for joining and sharing with us your points. Believe it or not, they have been considered many times over, and long ago, we decided, collectively, to not take money from the lads.

This may, and apparently does, offend your personal sense of "justice". That's okay. You can feel free to disagree, however, we don't condone discussion of cash-baiting, and we don't encourage doing it. In fact, we prohibit it. Call it an artificial line in the sand -- but it's a line we don't step over.

No doubt you read our FAQ before you started posting, but in case you didn't, please take a look -- Shiver described our reasoning in greater detail.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Part of the benefit of scambaiting is the education of people about scams. Some of the scambaits are very entertaining; any audience those get will certainly be more aware of scams. Many victims have shown up here because they googled a bit of information from the scammer and have been saved, or given support. When baiting, we get a lot of information from them that we can use to hurt them. They give us bank accounts to pay money into, we report them to be closed. They give us fake websites they've set up for their scams, we report those and get them suspended. They give us stolen credit card information and sometimes the names of victims. We pass that information on so that the cards are reported and the victims warned at our sister site, www.Scamwarners.com.

So, we're making a difference. What do I get out of it personally? Satisfaction, entertainment and friendship of fellow baiters.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been doing this off and on for five years. What do I get out of it? Entertainment. Satisfaction. A release of stress. Fake checks. Fake IDs. A sense of community service.

I've also made some good friends by doing this, which I'd rather have than cash.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do it for the fun and comradery. Where else can you be mean spirited like this, send thieves off to Western Union, team up to send thieves on safari, get them to send you silly photos, make complete and utter fools of themselves and feel righteous? You can only do that here!

I was going to make a joke about the big bonus cheques we all get, but i can see that joke would be innapropriate.

Lastly, while these guys are dealing with us, they are NOT stealing from anyone else. Thats enough to keep me here.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
money from people who aren't as smart or in need of companionship

Doctors quite often fall for scams. Their instincts to help often take over their reasoning. Plenty of factual information about that available through Google.

People in need of companionship, are you saying lonely people deserve to be ripped off? Dating scammers can truly destroy someones life, It's bad enough having low self esteem, only to have that played on by a scammer.

There are many many types of scam. Not all promise untold riches for assisting in transferring millions of dollars from dormant accounts etc.
Charity scams are a fine example, scammers using all sorts of tragedies to make their stories sound legit.

Personally I get satisfaction from knowing I'm keeping a scammer away from a real victim. Every minute with us is a minute away from him/her defrauding an innocent person.

Stick around have a good read and a laugh! and take your baiting to the next level.

Getting angry replies from some scammer who has made a wasted and hopefully embarrasing trip to western union can be a great satisfaction in itself. especially as it's known that lots of these guys brag about the money they are going to collect Very Happy

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adds a little fun to my dull drab wretched life....... Sad

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
Phantom6969
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the responses so far, please keep them coming. It's really giving me a crash course on scambaiting and with scambait etiquette.

I guess its a matter of personal justice, doing what is in our power to keep these guys chasing their tails without crossing the line. Classic good vs evil.

I guess when I read some of these emails they send me its just pisses me off, especially when they talk about how honest they are and when they throw God into the equation. "Godbless you" or "i am a God fearing person". I"m not all that religious myself but that is crossing the line.
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ get used to the god thing. but i think you'll find that most of these people (well, the west african ones, anyway) are christian, and go to church every sunday. i'm sure believe in God. I remember the Spiritual Man that Nottobescammed rang a nubmer of times on his radio show. That guy could talk the bible and SHEESUS CRISE like you have never heard before - if he was in the US, he'd be making millions on cable!

they just don't see the hypocrisy in what they're saying.

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I fully understand that one. I'm an athiest, but have respect for believers who respect me.

Using religion as a way to justify anything they want though drives me insane with anger sometimes. and not just in scambaiting, but that's not a topic for any part of this forum.

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the biggest contribution baiting makes is to reduce the appeal of scamming. Left completely without opposition, these thieves would do more and more, it would be shown to pay with nothing to lose. Once humiliated, tortured, mis-educated, timewasted etc by baiters, the stress/return ratio goes up, and we have turned a few individuals to simply give up the dishonest life (not through ethical shifts but through the stress and costs sending them broke without easy rewards), the word spreads, now at least there's *something* at stake for them. If they get unlucky and get a baiter, they get stress and waste time and money chasing ghosts.

And we get to exercise our dark malicious selves for good and giggles too - and no good baiter spends nearly as much time on a scammer as the scammer spends on the baiter Wink
Ab5olutD
DB Please!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do it for fun over all.

But as days keep passing, it is becoming more a hobby than an entertainment.

You know that some people like solving crosswords or sudokus, or playing chess, and you could wonder as well what is the purpose of that. They have to spend time thinking to enjoy it. And they do both. It is a challenge.

Well this is pretty much the same for me. A challenge. I love thinking and planning. I love to f***k and nag my lads as much as I can, because they deserve it, and in general terms and being as much as we are, I think it is better for the society than solving sudokus Very Happy

Cheers!

PD: I still like sudokus

F3rnando Just1ce: "I have given all of my work just now to do this" (286 clicks, 5hrs 6min 34sec)
Hag0p L0utf1c: "you are eating CHICKEN,I am eating nothing,this is not justice"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for a 100% risk free oportunity]</a> [Click here for WU, MG or BT forms]
HaveFaith
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WHAT !?!?! Im calling Shenanigans

Since when is Getting five At-at's shipped to you not fun? or having a lad travel across to war torn countries to meet a figment of you imagination?
( im refering to http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153060 ) and tina and joes Safari
( http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133248&highlight=tina+joe )
now I had nothing to do with either of these baits but I really admire what they have done and I can only strive to get lads to do stuff like they have.
also funny security photo's by Peanut
you can't pay for better entertainment !
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144670
I don't know scam baiting is not for everyone.

But what you are talking about is shunned upon here cash baiting puts you in the same basket as the scammer.

to put it in perspective one of these lads could be scamming your dad or mom out of there retirement fund if the recession hasn't done that already but anyways we waist there time so when they get a real vic they question them and flake because they think there a baiter. I hope I explained that right

na your papa you want do wash wash, you be small boy wa dey lean g and e nor go pay you. fool

Free Pastor Frank
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What do I get from scam baiting let me see now

many long hours at the keyboard eating junk food
a sore back
a numb bum
RSI from typeing
eye strain from staring at monitor
big power bills
big mobile phone bills
big broadband bills
big post office bills

and why do we do it ?

well best of all, the warm fuzzy feeling I get when I send off a bank account to alan, so he can grind them into the dirt.
and the very rare chance to tear up a fake cheque (the right spelling)

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts

Last edited by scambuster3 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What do I get from scambaiting?

An opportunity to exercise my desire to write romantic fiction with fewer chances of rejection letters. Very Happy

The knowledge that while I have a scammer on IM he is not IMing a victim and talking her into sending him money. (Well, he may multi-IM, but the time he spends on me he's not spending on a "real" victim.)

The satisfaction of seeing a scammer beg and plead and demand and wheedle me for something I have no intention of giving him. Nemesis, or retributive justice - seeing the scammer grovel like they want the victims groveling.

Yep - it's my free time used very profitably indeed. Mr. Green

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I too was going to make a joke about getting a big check every mnth for my efforts. It messes with the scammer's minds for them to believe we gat paid to do this. We don't get paid, we do it because...

There are many becauses in life. Because baiting keeps them from a real victim. Because it is fun to play act different characters. Because it is cheaper than gambling (for me anyway). Because I used to have free time on my hands. Because the people here (for the most part) are some real fine people. Because I have learned a lot about the world and culture here. Because it is fun to mess with scammer's head.

That is a few for me. Very Happy

No cash involved. Cool

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some people get trophies out of it. Some feel a 'moral obligation' about it (whatever that is), Others it just passes the time whilst at work

Personally though, I do it for the chicks Very Happy
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do it for the chicks as well....

..and for making scammers unsure and confused about what they do, because that will save future victims.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Mister X
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

to keep the scammer busy with waisting there time and resources

a baiter let the scammer in believe that the have hooked a big $$ fish
that is willing to give lots off $$ or even work for them..

and at the end the scammer only gets more frustrated and
lose many hours for not scamming "real" victums..

i see it as a big payback time and a sort off having "fun" Laughing

Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I work for the CIA. I'm here to infiltrate and recruit smart and clever people into becoming agents. So far my search continues...

I bait to cause pain, misery and confusion to their deluded world. Nothing makes me happier than seeing one of these gutless bastards cower before my almighty keyboard. Plus tormenting people and general mental torture is one of my hobbies. I also knit and make delicious brownies.

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nurse Nasty wrote:
I work for the CIA. I'm here to infiltrate and recruit smart and clever people into becoming agents. So far my search continues...

I bait to cause pain, misery and confusion to their deluded world. Nothing makes me happier than seeing one of these gutless bastards cower before my almighty keyboard. Plus tormenting people and general mental torture is one of my hobbies. I also knit and make delicious brownies.

An insight there to the American Intelligence community - Thank God I work with British Intelligence. Its the same as above apart from we break at 3pm for tea and biscuits.

No knitting either.
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Although I'm new to the forum I've been replying to scams for a long time now both in mails and usenet (showing my age).

I mainly do it for the same reason I will talk to chuggers and church recruiters in the street. When I have time I'll also agravte the jehovah's going through watchtower word by word with them and pretending to be very stupid.

My thought is while I am messing them about I'm using up time that could be spent on someone more vulnerable.

And also...see sig

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lots of reason are listed above that I completely agree with but also;

For the friends I have made whos real life I know nothing of
For the countless hours I have wasted of a criminal I dont know
For the people I prevent from being scammed who will never thank me
For the endless laughs at a criminals demise
For the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you find you have prevented a scam
For the knowledge that a scammer is going to have a really shity Christmas and the bigger satisfaction that I have caused it
For the people I meet who have lost everything and those I hear of who have lost even their lifes
For the frustration of knowing and not being able to stop a scam
For the typing practice (which is slowly getting worse)
For the cultural education
For all the new things I have learnt about computers

and lastly,
The mods leave their empty Pimms bottles just outside the mod room and if you are quick, you can get to drink the last few drops Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic