SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Does K7 Work in England?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Because I've signed up for a K7 account and I got the email from them but when I call the number that they gave the phone just goes dead? I can't find anything to say that it doesn't work in the UK but I'm not sure why it's not working?
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you got the international extension right?

If you want a UK based free voicemail/fax receiver try using http://control.inweb.co.uk/
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

international extension? You mean the code that goes before the number when you call from another country?

I didn't try that actually. I just called the number. I think they're Washington based?

I'll try it with a +44 and then I'll try it from your link if that doesn't work.

Thanks.

edit: Oh wait, you said 'extension' and I'm thinking of a prefix. So maybe not the same thing? I'll go and have another look on their site. Smile
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

+44 is for UK numbers.

You will want to use 001 then your k-7 number. Be aware that this call may cost you quite a bit.

Edit: prefix is the right word. I'm not sure is all you have to do is type 001 now. THIS page is confusing me.
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok. Thanks. I wasn't really intending to call them though. I just wanted to set up a voicemail message for my lad to call me. Would that still cost a lot do you think?

edit: Actually, what am I saying. Even if I just set up the voicemail I would still have to call it to get my messages then wouldn't I? I was under the impression that I could just get them downloaded to my email and listen to them that way. I'm more confused now too!
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you not upload an audio file to use as a welcome message? I don't use K7 much.

If you ring it, it will cost you at least international rates, plus whatever ringing a k7 number costs. It may add up to quite a chunk of change.

You can have messages and faxes automatically forwarded to your email address or pick them up from k7.net. Both are free to receive.
Owd Git
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My K7 number works fine and I'm located in the UK. You must add as a prefix 001 or from a mobile +1 and then your K7 number. You're also better off quoting you number with the prefix included.
When I called mine from a mobile it cost me about 70p for approx 30seconds connected. Nice and expensive for the lads. Very Happy
The email attachment sent back to you are not always the best quality tho'

"You have thought me never to trust any man." Paul Williams
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to ring my K7 Number from the UK to change the message from a public phone box (tinfoil hat time Wink ) and always got through fine. But it costs a lot of money so now I just stick with the automated greeting.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you don't mind an American accent, you can ask someone in the States to record a message for you on your K7.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
spot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newdonym wrote:
Can you not upload an audio file to use as a welcome message? I don't use K7 much.

^^^Not to the best of my knowledge

To avoid high international charges I use Skype to change my greeetings (or insults) as the case may be.

.....I seem to remember that K7 numbers look like Seattle numbers.

Owd Git
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Pachanga,

Can many lads tell the difference between an American and British accents?

"You have thought me never to trust any man." Paul Williams
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would guess lads could tell the difference between the accents because they would be exposed to them through television. It wouldn't matter, however, because a suitable story could be created to answer any question.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, the k7 number they're going to be calling is (obviously) American. If you need to pass it off as a British number, you're going to need to do some dancing, as they're better with phone prefixes than accents. So they'll probably assume you're American if you've got an American number, unless you have a different cover story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if you are baiting as a British victim you can say that the K7 number is a Sat phone. I love telling the lads that it's toll free, go ahead and ring it. They tend to curse me later. I tell them it really is toll free for me.

I set the outgoing message to the sound of a phone ringing for a while and then a long message. I also tell the lads that I use my answering machine as a screening tool for home security. If they say my name three times and their name three times, I can hear it anywhere in the house. Well unless I am in the shower. Which is just about all the time.

K7 records the phone number that called it if it can and can also be set for larger sampling rates for better sound recording at the cost of bandwidth.
If you are a premium member, I will set up a nice long outgoing message for you. Just PM me.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be happy to do my worst Brittish accent for your K7 Greeting if you want. I am in the US and can do it on the weekend from my mobile when it is a free call.

All K7 numbers look like Seattle Washington numbers.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^This is very nice of you The Man. I used 50 minutes of calling card minutes yesterday recording messages for Baiters and had a great time. Once the message is recorded, the owner can listen to it for free using Evaphone.com

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic