SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question for our UK members

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From a shed in Cornwall.

Same sort of thing.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ music man, damn, so all this time the Chinese authorities have been listening to me tell lads that I'm Simon Cowell and can make them pop stars Laughing Oh to be a fly on the wall in that debrief.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The worrying thing is that here in the UK nothing will come of it, until some bright spark realises it could be a revenue earner. Then the authorities will start looking through to see who the easy targets are. Then you will see 100's of 1000's of ON The Spot fines being issued for minor, but provable offences, like setting up an email address in a false name.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't mean to get at the OP, and I've read these stories before, but this is from the (my) country that employed an Iranian as interpreter to one of our most senior commander's in Afghanistan who was spying and/or offering to spy for Iran. He enjoyed the same security clearance and access as the colonel.

It appears that he was a complete wingnut and was, at times allegedly, even representing himself as the Colonel in discussions. He termed himself the 'King of Salsa' and was running Salsa dance classes in Afghanistan, to which he invited the Colonel, and back home he was up to his eyeballs in debt.

Our government scares me, but not because of their incredible security capabilities. Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
Our government scares me, but not because of their incredible security capabilities. Laughing

That reminds me of the campaign to close Sellafield here in Ireland, we had the callers to the door and he was stating the terrorist threat, I laughed at that and said I was more worried about the incompetence of the company such as faking accident reports and sending off a load of nuclear waste with the wrong papers half way around the world rather than a bunch of jihadists in a minivan driving around Wales asking for directions to Sellafield

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
I don't mean to get at the OP

I thought your points were salient.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SamSpudz wrote:
Sellafield here in Ireland

Cumbria surely? [/pedant]

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't mean Sellafield was in Ireland, as quite obviously it's not, but it is on the coast of the Irish sea, therefore any disasters that were to happen such as a chernobyl style meltdown, we'd be directly in the fallout zone.

Edit: And there's also all of this Click

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has this or anything like this ever prevented anything? Something where you didn’t already have probable cause. With probable cause, you can already get a search warrant in the USA and monitor someone.

I mean them going through emails at random and stopping a real terror attack, or other crime. I don’t think that all this is for crime prevention or terrorist prevention.

I dont know about Privacy laws in other countries, though.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

buried under 419 emails wrote:
Has this or anything like this ever prevented anything?

Yes, monitoring of targetted mobile phone calls by GCHQ has helped stop many terrorist attacks, from back in the IRA days, up to the present day threats. When you hear on the news that someone has been arrested, that memory fades very quickly compared to memories of the successful terrorists.

buried under 419 emails wrote:
I mean them going through emails at random and stopping a real terror attack, or other crime.

As I said in an earlier post, they don't go through emails at random. There are far too few security operatives and far too many emails (think hundreds versus billions). Rather, those emails will be stored, and recalled if a suspect comes to the attention of the security services.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's naive to think that emails and phone calls aren't being monitored if "They" think it's worth looking into and it's nothing recent. Since I have nothing to hide I really can't get bent out of shape about it and certainly don't regard it as an invasion of privacy or an erosion of my civil rights. If a million good guys' info is monitored in order to catch just one bad guy then go for it. And it's not just info gleaned from the internet or a phone. If you own and use a credit card you are on a database which "They" can look at if necessary that contains all kinds of info about you, your finances, your spending habits, etc.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Gomer .Where are they going to store all the data?
Our household alone has an online gamer, a teenager into anime torrents, another teenager making and uploading videos, the usual teenage music downloads and MSN conversations that mostly seem to contain lols, rofls, and he said she said, then theres the shopping sites, the forums the mad mother living in a fantasy island breeding rennets and haggis.

And how safe would it be given the security breaches
we've seen
Latest one being a list of private landlord addresses being sent out via email

scotsman
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the very late response

If we put terrorism aside, because that isn’t the most prevalent crime on the net in my opinion.

Are they going to monitor for fraud? Even if I give them probable cause? Like sending emails addys that are tied to the 419 fraud. Will any government agency of any country forward the information to enforcement of the sender’s country? I haven’t seen it yet.

My own experience is that an amazing number of email accounts belong to just one person. So the prosecutions (of fraudsters the home country) argument would be enhanced by many more email accounts tied to this person.

Of course we have the tired excuse of this crime is perpetrated in another country so there’s nothing we can do. This is much like the campaign promise of slashing taxes and increasing services. Anyone who has paid attention to world events knows the lack of validity of this argument. Treaties can be signed and intergovernmental cooperation can be granted for this as it has in been done in the past.

This will only happen if a magical event happens and internet fraud actually becomes the cause of the moment, ie they start to care.

This just seems like something else that is being done for “our own good”.

I might be proven wrong, so where do we send our emails addys to be monitored? I can always seem to scrape up a few or more.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look what the DOJ wants to sneak through under proposed new rule changes over here. You don't even have to be suspected of any crime.
http://www.ombwatch.org/article/articleview/4336/1/407

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic