SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thoughts on breaking barriers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

October 14 marks the 61st anniversary of the breaking of the sound barrier. When I was reminded of this, I started thinking of all the barriers that have been broken in my lifetime and in the decades preceding my arrival here.

In 1969 I watched a man walk on the moon. Impressive in itself, but I was in the same room with my father, who had been born in 1903, and grandfather, born in 1880. These two men were absolutely enthralled with the idea that in their lifetimes mankind had progressed from footpower to being able to leave earth and step onto another heavenly body.

How many other barriers have been broken in the past century or so? And how many remain to be broken? Barriers of medicine – heart transplants are almost routine today, and people are surviving illnesses and injuries once thought to be totally incurable. I am alive today only because modern medicine intervened and saved me. Social barriers are coming down – they’re not all gone, but they are being chipped away at. Technological barriers seem no longer to exist. What was incomprehensible a few years ago is part of our daily lives now.

In an interview about his achievement, Yeager said, “There wasn’t anything keeping us from flying past the sound barrier but our own ignorance.” And it is only ignorance that keeps us from breaking any other barrier we encounter.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In most cases, things are thought to be unachievable because people think they cannot be achieved! I will look for a famous type quote to back that up.

My parents were told I would not live beyond the age of 8. I have exceeded that projection by 6.6 times. Very Happy

Edit to add:
It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela

We, the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much,for so long,with so little,we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa

We have to do the impossible, but it is possible.
Kevin Garnett (NBA player)

[and spelling issue]

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fall of the Iron Curtain and, more specifically, the Berlin wall being teared down, i.e. 1989... I was a kid then and had grown up thinking there would always be people dying while trying to cross an inner-country border.
Technically, it´s hard to mention anything specific. Internet, of course. That´s broken down many barriers.
If you mean the whole 20th century, the question is much too hard to handle. You should rather ask then what´s still the same in 2000 as in 1900...

Would be a good idea for a strategy board game, by the way...you start with 1000 dollars in 1900 and try to make the most of it until 2000....wow...this mindplay might leave me sleepless for tonight Very Happy
Are trunkboxes prone to inflation or currency change? Are security companies safer than banks that break down?
(takes hat and leaves...) Cool

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do bee do bee do
Frank Sinatra
grabs hat and runs.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An Australian lady recently celebrated her 112th birthday and while obviously frail she is still firing on all cylinders where it matters. It occurred to me that during her lifetime she has witnessed the advent of so many things we now almost take for granted such as electric power and light and domestic appliances, telephones, TV, radio, the internal combustion engine, flight, the jet engine, space travel, computers, the internet, the discovery of penicillin, organ transplants... the list goes on. She has also been alive during the Russian Revolution, First World War, Second World War, Cold War, fall of Communism in Europe, the Beatles (!) plus countless other events that have changed the course of history one way or another. All that in just one person's lifetime. I sometimes scare myself thinking about what my children and grandchildren are going to witness as the pace of technology is compressed into such an increasingly short timeframe.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just this week, the 16,000 post was broken by Scam Patroller. THAT'S impressive. Smile

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The single biggest change I ever think I will experience in my life is the invention of the internet (thanks Al!). Hoenstly, IMO, the greatest invention ever. It puts unlimited resources at your fingertips. It has revolutionized this world more than anything I can think of, in such a short time.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The internet was not only a barrier broken, it was a revolution.

My son broke a barrier in 1992 when he decided, along with many other nonverbal people with autism, to use typing as a way to communicate.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sachin Tendulkar beating Brian Lara's cricket test score record.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic