SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Main pc hard drive power failure - RESOLVED

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a tragedy ?

Lost my main pc and all the files and info it contains - all my genealogy research and all the pics I have taken this year. Sad

To make matters worse, getting my aol connection re-established on this oc has been a nightmare, so I at least have a connection of sorts, if it can keep stable.

I guess I'm going to be caught up trying to get some power back into the old pc, at least enough to retrieve my files. I suppose backing up is a lesson you learn the hard way, but there you go.

What's the worst I can do - electrocute myself ? Laughing

I'll keep in touch but I'm not in the mood to play with scammers at the moment but I imagine I'll get the urge to torture someone as I try to learn some electronic skills. If I can manage to get the files I'll be well chuffed.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning

Last edited by GomerPyle on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about all your gynaecology research going down the pan. Wink

My PC turned up its toes a few weeks ago. As well as a new PC, I bought something called an ICY BOX Image

Basically a caddy for your old hard drive with a power supply and usb connection (even though my HD was an IDE one) there are various different ones for different drives.

Although my old HDD was too fubared to boot up a PC, I am now able to use it as an external HD from my new PC, and my own gynaecology research was preserved intact. I got it from http://www.aria.co.uk/

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What about taking the old hard drive and plugging it into your new computer? You may be able to copy the files you are after onto your new drive. Do a little bit of research into the jumper configurations on the old drive. Make it the slave. If that does not work, set it to auto.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
SolidJoe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mozy.com or carbonite.com - both are excellent and cheap.

Fake bank kills United Kingdom x29 Netherlands x16 Switzerland x3 Canada x3 United States x9 Ivory Coast x6 Bahamas, The Isle Of Man Austria Nigeria x11 South Africa x3 Cayman Islands Spain Spain Hong Kong
http://www.aa419.org
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just because the power went off doesn't mean you lost your files. Take the computer to a shop and ask them to retrieve all of the files in certain folders that you want and put them on a CD or DVD. Even if your hard drive crashed there is hope.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks a lot.

You two could well be right. All I recall is that the last time I opened the back of a hard drive I was drenched in blood before I even got it open, from slicing myself on the edge.

My back up pc is an HP Pavilion with a removable storage thingy - just like the cradle Roy mentioned - so this could yurn out to be a breeze (watch out for hard fall coming).

I'm good at ripping things open, but I'll do that carefully.

If I can pull out the hard drive and just insert it in the docking bay I'll be able to stop sobbing.

Then I need to get a back up for that.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ don't open the back of your hard drive. Just open the casing of your PC and take the HD out, and plug it into a USB cradle/ bay so you can copy the gynecology stuff to another PC or external USB drive. While you're at it, I'd like a copy too... Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's a faulty hard disk, I'd expect the PC to start booting up, then report it can't find a boot disk.
If this doesn't happen, the odds are that your data is intact.
What exactly happens when you turn on the PC?

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Tambourine Man wrote:
I'd expect the PC to start booting up, then report it can't find a boot disk.

That's what did happen with mine. However it was because Windows XP was corrupted. The data however, was fine. When attached to a working PC I could get at it all again. Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^and if that still doesn't work you can use a Linux CD boot disk and that may see it.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my case - no power - no lights - no noise or anything, so it seems it's pretty safe it's the power supply.

I've checked the fuse and I'll try a different lead, but I think it's pretty terminal, and it's the power supply, but the option of just putting the HD in the space I already have on my super dooper pc is one I hadn't realised I could do - but I am a self-admitted techno dumbass - and when it comes to Linux Rodus, I'll see if there's one on 'Big Cat Live'. Laughing

I suffered enough having to deal with aol support, though I own up they are a lot better than I have known them. The problem now is that there connection software is a combination of bizzare and hopeless.

Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could find a copy of Knoppix that is a live cd/DVD version and will not need to isntall to see..

But I am willing to bet you only lost your power supply. and plugging in the drive on another pc you could retrive the records.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PSUs don't cost much and aren't hard to fit.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are not getting any lights on the system at all then it is probably the power supply to the main PC. These are cheap and easy to replace. Your local computer shop should be able to do this easily. If you want to get a new computer anyway, the drive should still be good and the data could be retrieved.

I just bought a 160 GB external hard drive to back up the home PC it cost me $65.00 USD.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you do buy a case for your hard drive, or buy an external hard drive, buy one with a fan. A cooked hard drive is not a thing of beauty. Sticking the HD into the new SDC is cheaper.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as I can retrieve my data I'll be happy to throw the HD in the bin afterwards.

I have an elephant's graveyard of crocked pc's Embarassed there's no telling what I'll be able to retrieve from them.

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you get a USB enclosure (that's the US term anyway), you can transfer the data to the new PC, then wipe the programs to make more space and use the old drive as an external data backup drive. I have a couple of old drives being used that way--good way to recycle instead of adding one more item to a landfill.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gomer

This is probably what you need

2 multipin plugs to your motherboard and a couple of 5 pin molexes to your optical drives and hard disks!!

10 mins work -max!!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a cradle but had the same problem as Roy in that the HD was IDE and the cradle was for a SATA drive - not that I had any clue about the difference.

One day, when I get this sorted out, I'll be able to get back to baiting. Sad

I have found this, so I'll do an exchange tomorrow. It looks more promising.

It may not be satisfactory as a permanent external storage, but I only want to get my hands on the data on the old HD. The new PC is pretty big and has its own removable storage (with a separate power supply and fan) anyway.

Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I replaced my power supply not too long ago, and the sweet machine booted up nice and perfect - no loss of data at all. Even the word document I was working on popped up as a rescued draft.
So worries.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That will do it. It will need a power supply though, which I hope will be included.

HaveFaith
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

there is a program to get all of that back. I have done it before on my laptop HD

na your papa you want do wash wash, you be small boy wa dey lean g and e nor go pay you. fool

Free Pastor Frank
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to take the first module I bought back to the shop as it only handled SATA drives (whatever they are) so I did a swap for a gizmo that could handle SATA and IDE ones, and 2.5 inch drives as well as 3.5 inch ones too so I should be able to rescue the data off some old machines now.

I still need to switch some hardware around and reinstall some programmes and I'll be good to go.

I'm not technically gifted with delicate machinery and unless it's robust I'll twist it into mangled junk when I get frustrated, but I am good at electric shocks - for some strange reason I like them, which is just as well as I get quite a few. Very Happy

I'll have a rest now and sit contemplating my own genius. Very Happy

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
SATA drives (whatever they are)

Serial Advanced Technology Attachment. A never and faster bus than IDE for transferring data to and from a hard disk, DVDdrive etc.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic