SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Music 2 My Ears - Wickedest Evil Safari

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Fate of Famous- What to do?

Send all the pics, to everyone.
74%
 74%  [ 80 ]
Send the pics to Famous and his dad ONLY.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Don't send the pics to his mom, but everyone else.
19%
 19%  [ 21 ]
Other (please post)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 108

ohmystarsandgarters
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for the shit to hit the fan when those pics of Famous start making the rounds... Heh.

Man these guys never disappoint, do they? Nice play, JoJo, pitting the two against each other. Now all you need is a third scammer to build a sandbag Thunderdome and we're talking world-class entertainment.

@Durian - I agree with everyone else - great post! ...and excellent point about the call about the mom. Personally, I thought the prostitute message was funnier and a bit more cringe-worthy. Surprised Ira didn't bring that up.

There are some people who can get an amazing amount of entertainment from just relentlessly messing with somebody. I think that bears at least a mention, since that's my primary motivation for being here.

I bring it up because I think this may be one aspect of lad psychology that can be exploited. It's completely confounding to me that these guys have been lured into dangerous situations so damn easily. I keep wondering how they can NOT realize they're being messed with, especially after 100 days in a conflict zone (heh).

I think one factor that keeps them on the hook (aside from the brilliant bait itself) is that nobody is asking them for money.

If the lads - consciously or unconsciously - think that everyone else is as motivated by money as they are, they MUST get awfully confused by these baits. I think they focus on the money incentive to sniff out scams. When the baiter shows no money incentive, the lads don't seem as able to read the situation. They don't seem to realize the value of entertainment for entertainment's sake, poor things.

I was drawn to this stuff because of the humor of the scambait, but I'm actually finding myself more and more hooked by the sociological aspects of the scam, the weird culture clash, and the art and craft of modality design.

It's nice that there are so many kind people on these forums that are willing to invest their time and energy to keep these lad's lives interesting. It's quite disappointing that the lads don't show more appreciation. Adamu could at least bother to write once in a while. He didn't even bother to send a postcard while he was vacationing in Abeche. What a self-centered ass!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Geezum, for the love of Dog! This was intense! I've spent the last three days reading this whole thing (don't tell my boss!) and just downloaded the podcast of your interview so I can listen to it whilst walking the dog...

I found 419eater a year or two ago and read a bunch of stuff posted in the letter archives and decided that baiting sounded like fun. I set up a website and email and everything to make things look more professional. However, I didn't have a lot of luck (although looking back, it seems like getting account info to send to Alan could probably be construed as success) and I stopped baiting. My lads were obnoxious and it seemed like too much effort to keep it up.

I am in awe of the effort you guys have put in here. I couldn't even get a trophy out of my lads, let alone a safari. I'm truly amazed after reading this. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have given up on baiting, and maybe I'll get back into it.

Either way, I just wanted to say "Well done!" to all of you. While there were a couple of sticky points where I had some ethical twinges, after reading all this, and the fact that Adamu was back to baiting pretty much immediately, all I can say is that you guys did a service to get them out of commission that long. Keep up the great work, and take pride in the fact that you've inspired tons of new baiters! (Including, perhaps, myself.)
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@lizacaney - Glad you made it back here to Eater! Very Happy Why not give baiting another try? We're "New and Improved!" or something like that. Wink We would be all glad to get you going again with any help you might need.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lizacaney wrote:
Geezum, for the love of Dog! This was intense! I've spent the last three days reading this whole thing (don't tell my boss!)
I'll keep it on the downlow. Wink
lizacaney wrote:
I couldn't even get a trophy out of my lads, let alone a safari.
It's all good, I don't do trophies or safaris either.
lizacaney wrote:
Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have given up on baiting, and maybe I'll get back into it.
Nice to have you back then. Very Happy If you want some one on one help dishing out lad pain of your own, PM Cherrie for a mentor.
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
although looking back, it seems like getting account info to send to Alan could probably be construed as success

Hell yes that's a success. Closing down bank accounts hits the lads where it really hurts. You might very well have save a real victim some money.

Welcome back, grab a lad and get back into things. It's the rare lad that ends up in a safari. It's an even rarer lad(s) that end up stuck in Chad for three months.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
yournamehere
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Famous is still in Cape Coast? I wonder what he told his mother when he left home... Smile
Does he still believe the kidnap-story? He claims he has money to pay in return for the girl... maybe he should be told to pay the ransom by tossing a bag with the money off a cliff... (in line with the prof's statements before wouldn't this be appropriate?)

Maybe Godspower can come to his rescue? After all those miles he travelled a trip to Cape Coast must be like an afternoon walk for him...

Anyway, just waiting for new developments... Very Happy

cheers
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hahhaahaha! Famous has some serious pride issues:

Quote:
think u are wise
i did't go anywere
i was not in togo
u can play me
do not write me again
u are a lier

I love how he pretends like he was not in Togo. Or in Cape Coast. Even after Willy confirmed he was there. Oh well, pride cometh before a fall.

For those of you who want to know what Famous sounds like, check this out!

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134089&highlight=oscar

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
why_not_Chad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am also here because of your fame via the This American Life show with Ira Glass. It’s taken me days to read it all, but I am getting near the end - page 131 now. Amazing…amazing stuff….!!!!

You folks sent me on a mini-safari the other day..!! What happened; during my morning commute to the office on the bicycle my mind was fixated on the complete, absolute absurdity of Stinky, The Leg and The Hand in Abeche, waiting and waiting and waiting, sleeping outside.... hearing the gunfire…..little food and water…..The Hand not leaving because he has to get paid…the rebel fighting there intensifying….I started laughing again, took a wrong turn and made an inadvertent detour – a mini safari if you will.

That’s never happened and is very odd because the route is always the same and when you ride in traffic on a bike you can’t be distracted because of all the potential for disaster, but I was distracted big time, and laughing at the same time.

That’s what you folks did to me…!!!

Keep up the great work....
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Thanks why_not_Chad. Too bad that your safari was not more than 200 miles, because we could have claimed another pith helmet for ourselves. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Welcome to the Eater. We hope that you stick around.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hahahahahah! Great post Chad! I love it.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

why_not_chad wrote :
Quote:
I started laughing again, took a wrong turn and made an inadvertent detour

ermm, you went left I trust?

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No, left is the correct way to go. He must have gone right.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
HookNBait
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so is this considered the official ending? if I'm following this thread properly, I believe that all the lads are returning home?

OH RIGHT! There's still the Homo Photo Shoots...
why_not_Chad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would love to mentor help and lead a lad astray as has been mentioned, as it looks like great fun, but I don’t have the time. Barely had the free time this past week to read all these amazing pages.

I did want to say why I totally support and admire the fine work all you baiters are doing, to say nothing of all the time it must take to do this.

Years ago I lost 19k to a pathological liar in a fake business scam in Utah, and then spent another thousand in legal fees chasing my money only to find out this guy immediately put my money in his wife’s name (to shield it from me) and declared under oath, looking me in the eye that he had no assets.

Talk about a hard lesson in life!

So I say to all of you folks here who are busy wasting the lads time making trophies and sending them of safaris to arse holes like Abeche, you have my greatest respect and thanks for a job well done.

I can’t get back what was taken from me but I can get some sort of satisfaction that a few people like him are getting what they give.

And I really like the ethics here – not hacking lads email accounts and not burning them. Perfect.

I picture stinky, penniless, tired, hungry and scared Adamu in a cyber café in Abache being told; “This is not a vacation!”….and I just lose it……lol......

Had a thought about the TWAT church...would it be possible to get a lad to copy a handfull of flyers about the TWAT church and then post them around Lagos to advertise its presence, boost the membership and look for eager lads to help it expand in Africa..??
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HookNBait wrote:
so is this considered the official ending? if I'm following this thread properly, I believe that all the lads are returning home?

Adamu is still being baited by us. Hopefully, we will have him on safari again next week.

Godspower is home and not talking to us.

Famous is home and about to get the surprise of a lifetime.

The Miracle Network, to my knowledge, is completely stredded in Chad, with apparently no money to check their email. Prof and I plan on calling them at some point, just to see what's up. If their phone is still working.

Goat

Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Miracle Network has also been declared legally dead by the church, and the funds from their life insurance proceeds are going to be used to fund a bowling alley and happy-hour bar in the church basement.

Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ why_not_Chad - Welcome to Eater. That was a seriously funny first post. Laughing

We'll try calling the Miracle Network next week. We have absolutely no idea what happened to them. They haven't checked their mail in a couple weeks, but more then likely they're just stredded. Hopefully, one of the numbers we have for them works.

Sounds like Famous didn't enjoy his trip. Sad

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
why_not_Chad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Inspector G., yes it was a left turn. I should have gone straight through an intersection instead! Too funny.

It’s dangerous enough riding the 12 miles to work on streets with traffic in a big city but even more so with the adventures of the Abeche trio running through my mind…and I’m laughing while I peddle.

Professor S&S, thanks. Glad to be here.

edit; un-needed content.

Last edited by why_not_Chad on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Check out the links in YeaWhatever's signature line.

Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

why_not_Chad - Here's the TWAT website: http://www.securewebdata.com/TWAT/

Have a read around when you check it out. There's some pretty funny stuff in there.

Also, here's a great manual to help you grow your own TWAT. It's broken down very well, so just add water!! (Well, a little vinegar and a splash of raspberry wouldn't hurt either):

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137622

Enjoy! Smile

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure to use an email addy that can't be linked to your RL self. GMail and Fastmail are two email providers that mask your IP. Smile
why_not_Chad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

edit: silly post...

Last edited by why_not_Chad on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Chad Very Happy

Quote:
Look closely at any of the world?s religions and you will find all sorts of doctrine that has little foundation in logic.

We don't discuss religion (or politics) here on forums so I am not going to tell my opinion. Wink

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
why_not_Chad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

edit: removed silly post.

Keep up the great work, folks. Can't participate for various reasons.

Last edited by why_not_Chad on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't waste your time answering his questions, the lads do the work, not us.

The idea is to string him along with some straight baiting at first. Ask him plenty of questions (one question per email) about the loan arrangement etc. Unfortunately Chad safaris don't happen overnight, you need to put in a little bit of courting time with the lad. You have to make him believe you're a real victim, then you'll be able to do anything you want with him Wink.

Welcome aboard btw Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic