SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Split from Radio show thread: Ethics of the Chad Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I wasn't sure if I was overstepping bounds since I'm not involved in the topic bait. But thank you *smile*
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks very much for that, Lostatlove - that's a very good reminder for everyone, I think.

I always find solace in any of these extreme baits by examining the fact that the criminals are not being forced to do anything.

It seems to be a pretty well-followed rule that we bait those who are looking to take ADVANTAGE of an organization like a school or church or charity. If I ever feel a lad has "turned legit" I will e-mail him cold from another account just to see if he's still scamming. 100% so far have been.

I have never once felt that a scammer has been operating under anything other than greed. I will keep looking for it, and I would love to see it. But I will also keep putting the hook out there for them. If they are willing to steal money through fraud from a school, charity, or church - what does it matter that that church is made up? Anytime they say "I'm out" I leave them out - from that particular "story line" anyway...

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
capricio
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wurzgnubbel wrote:
I think that if the joy of scambaiting really comes from preventing lads from scamming victims, that doesn't really explain why you particularly enjoy their suffering so much.

The point that their suffering is just fair and just has been made, and made quite clear. That doesn't explain the particular joy in their suffering either.

In my youth I read a lot science fiction novels. I particularly liked Heinlein's definition of laughter:

Michael Smith, the Martian of Robert Heinlein's 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land is having a lot of difficulty in understanding what makes up that strange creature he has just encountered for the first time, the "human." A trip to the local zoo and a cage of monkeys provides the answer for him. There, a peanut is thrown to a small monkey who takes it eagerly. This monkey is immediately bowled over by a larger monkey, and the peanut is stolen from him. The small monkey runs away howling, until it tracks down an even smaller monkey to beat the daylights out of. The rest of the monkeys choose to ignore the entire incident altogether. At this, Michael begins to laugh uncontrollably, so hard that he is unable to stop for hours. A revelatory moment, at last the Martian has understood (in his idiolect, he has "grokked") that fundamental secret of what it is to be human:

"I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts-because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting-of course it wasn't funny; it was tragic. That's why I had to laugh. I looked at a cage full of monkeys and suddenly I saw all the mean and cruel and utterly unexplainable things I've seen and heard and read about - and suddenly it hurt so much I found myself laughing" (Heinlein 289). -Stranger In a Strange Land

http://journal.media-culture.org.au/0311/3-blackwood-that-joke.php

Edit: Increased context around the qoute
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@LostatLove- I am sorry about your personal loss at the hands of a scammer.

The point that I would like to make is that the scammers are the real a-holes. We joke about the Prof, Jojo, and YW but lets put things into prospective. They have boundaries, the scammers do not.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love getting death threats from scammers. Does that make me a masochist?

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good post lotsalove.

All I can say, is I like justice. I also like when justice is funny and laced with irony. I also like when these guys get tricked at their own game. Truth be told, I like it even more when everything they get, is because of how far their greed takes them. At any point, as I said, they could have stopped. What kept them going is their greed. That is a fact.

EDIT: The biggest thing to note- scammers mess with innocent people. We mess with scammers. How can it get any more black and white?

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Prof I didn't mean to not recognize your valiant efforts, my apologies, (((hugs))). Embarassed I was generally referring to baits done by YW, Jojo, BW in the past as well as other/all baiters who make the wicked evil safari an art form, rather than this specific bait only. I've only caught snippets of this bait, so I can't make specific comments but from all accounts, lad pain reached epic proportions clapping clapping jump_4_joy jump_4_joy beers!

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
RobotAmish
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
And if the lads get themselves injured, stranded, or indebted along the way... that seems like a bonus to me.

I agree, but we don't want them stranded.

We want them streded, and preferably in constant danger from THE HAND.
Wasinitfome
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^can someone define for me stredded? and is it sometimes spelled streaded?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically, the lads kept complaining about being stredded. They mean stranded, but they never once spelled or pronounced it correctly. The same goes with the word "hash" for the word harsh.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe shredded.

Twisted Evil

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ JoJo - just wanted to give you the credit for my new name Very Happy
RobotAmish
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To be streded in hash conditions is pretty bad, but nothing compared to the strife and tribulations of the Tragic Meat-Laden Pizza of Misery.
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:

1. Do we profit from this (other than entertainment)?

Some would say that this would make you all the more pathological. It's like that terrible TV show Dexter, about the killer who only kills serial killers.. just because he is picky about his victims, doesn't make him any less crazy or compulsive.

I would also argue that this website could (and probably does) have an effect that none of you intend ( and probably few of you would admit)... It is a tremendous resource for real scammers... there are so many detailed scams here, so many great ideas, it's a repository for cons... a con artist could absolutely learn and perfect his craft here.

And again, I know you think you all are justified in your actions, because these people are thieves, who prey on the stupid and weak. However, you cannot escape the fact that your actions ( not your targets, your actual actions) are identical to the scammers, if not even more extreme. If you can trick yourselves into thinking that's moral, then congrats.

Also, I would buy the whole " the purpose of our actions is to use up the scammers time and money, not for entertainment" song and dance much more if you guys didn't crack up every time you read one of the lads emails, if you guys didn't take so much obvious joy in hurting them. You could certainly "waste these people's time" in many ways that don't put them into violent borders of war zones. You put them into chad, instead of say, South Africa, because you want to hurt them, not just waste their time. And you hurt them because you enjoy it.

And, once again, I am not arguing that these lads are good people, or that they don't "deserve" it. I'm also not arguing that these bait's aren't funny, because I personally find them hilarious. I'm just not in denial about my sadistic nature.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please stop referring to scam victims as stupid and weak. We have given you ample examples of why this is not an accurate assessment. This site isn't a great resource for scammers, but it is a great resource for victims. Many many victims are educated by this site. Your attitude toward them is appalling.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Well, there was Dover's cake ... Twisted Evil

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:

However, you cannot escape the fact that your actions ( not your targets, your actual actions) are identical to the scammers, if not even more extreme.

BS! We don't kill scammers or send them to the depths of despair, where suicide is the only option. Did you bother reading any of the examples of what they do that I posted starting on page 9? If not, please do.

Quote:

You put them into chad, instead of say, South Africa, because you want to hurt them, not just waste their time

When's the last time you've been to South Africa? Only Columbia beats it for crime and with the recent xenophobic attacks going on, I doubt that it would be much safer than Chad.

Rolling Eyes

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yeah, that was some damn fine cake. Damn fine cake.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
I'm just not in denial about my sadistic nature.

Sound to me like you have emotional problems and are looking for kindred spirits. You won't find them here.

By the way. I don't take kindly being called a liar or talked down to with some bullshit amateur psychology from someone who knows jack shit.

Screw what the mods say. I'll take the Warning tag. But you're a complete and utter ignorant asshole.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Also, I would buy the whole " the purpose of our actions is to use up the scammers time and money, not for entertainment" song and dance much more if you guys didn't crack up every time you read one of the lads emails, if you guys didn't take so much obvious joy in hurting them. You could certainly "waste these people's time" in many ways that don't put them into violent borders of war zones. You put them into chad, instead of say, South Africa, because you want to hurt them, not just waste their time. And you hurt them because you enjoy it.

Dear Mr Dickhead-

We did not send them to say, South Africa, because that would be like sending them on vacation. If we sent them to South Africa, they would have just as many resources as in Nigeria. There are tons of scammers in South Africa. Tons of internet cafes. We picked a place that had only one cafe. And, that cafe, was on HOPITAL RAOD. We wasted a good deal of the lads' time and resources. We caused a lot of grief. And, it was funny as can be.

And, for the record, Chad is BEAUTIFUL any time of the year.

Goat

DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:

Sound to me like you have emotional problems

LOL at me having emotional problems, when you can't even respond to me without getting defensive, abusive and angry.

jojobean wrote:

And, for the record, Chad is BEAUTIFUL any time of the year.

I've heard that, It's like that old crooner song, "Chad is for Lovers"
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is because we are so sadistic.

Goat

DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
. This site isn't a great resource for scammers, but it is a great resource for victims.

These two aren't mutually exclusive, by the way. You can be a resource for victims or potential victims, to educate them or give the some sort of catharsis for their anger at being scammed. Unfortunately for you, there's no magic barrier keeping the unethical from viewing your website, there's no way to keep scammers from educating themselves here, and what someone can learn here would be extremely valuable, if you are unethical.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't say they were mutually exclusive. I was stating two facts.

This site isn't a great resource for scammers. What evidence do you have that it is?

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LotsaLove wrote:
Someone said in an earlier post that victims are fools. Yes, I was a fool because I thought I had found true love. Yes, I was a fool because I believed every lie this man told me - and everything he told me was a lie.
No. You're not the fool here. There's nothing wrong with trying to find Mr/Mrs. Right. Nothing wrong at all. What is wrong is spinning webs of lies and deception such as the scum who scammed you. HE is the fool.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic