SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

NSFW avatars / Censorship / Gripes - Issues!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig007 wrote:
I didn't believe the creators of the chat would let anyone suspicious in, so I and everyone else chose to speak openly.

Eight is suspicious? Shocked

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regardless of whether or not Craig knew Eight was on the skype chat, what the heck does that have to do with Eater being more restrictive?

I was really hoping to get some useful information out of this thread. So far, I haven't heard anything specific enough to help me understand what the concerns of members who feel that Eater modding may have become more restrictive are.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

Nahh, I was referring to
Quote:
In any event, if you didn't know the identity of everyone in the chat, maybe you should have been a bit more circumspect about what you said.
I took that to meaning any randomer could be on there.

Ima, I've just explained Mods are being restrictive on what we say on an UNNOFFICAL chat. They shouldn't go through chat logs like that.

This isn't about me and Eight. I used that case to highlight the restrictiveness of the mods, which is what you asked for.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was embarrassed and hurt (not mad) at one time when TS announced that I should not show my bush in the PWT anymore.

I cried at the fact that I have beautiful bushes.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona, I think Snerd's comment was not directed at actual pictures of shrubbery, but at the continuingly raunchy innuendo regarding it. I'm certain that posting pictures of plants is just fine.

Did you PM Snerd for clarification? That would have been helpful.

Edited to add: @Craig: You're correct that the skype chat is not Eater sanctioned, therefore, your comment that you feel that something underhanded is happening at Eater was inaccurate. I'm not trying to dismiss your thoughts, however, restrictiveness on Eater chat is irrelevant to me for this discussion.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
I was really hoping to get some useful information out of this thread. So far, I haven't heard anything specific enough to help me understand what the concerns of members who feel that Eater modding may have become more restrictive are.

OK, you asked............

Quote:
In Addition:

The Stupid/Funny or RANDOM Link/Joke of the Day and FUNNY / INTERESTING VIDEOS THREAD have separate sets of rules that are posted in each thread. Please abide by them when posting in those threads. Both threads will be culled each time they reach 25 pages.

Offending threads or posts may be removed without reference to the originator.

Members breaking the Forum rules above may be warned, suspended or banned from 419Eater.

Anything not covered above that may be considered by the management of 419Eater to be, or which may be seen by others to be in any way offensive, will be removed.

If you are not sure what you intend to post is appropriate, please PM a moderator and ask.

That is from the "new improved" General chat guidelines from April 2008.

Do we need guidelines? Yes.
Do we need "Anything not covered above that may be considered by the management of 419Eater to be, or which may be seen by others to be in any way offensive, will be removed."?

That seems like a pretty open ended policy.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And yet my last nickel, after that I'm broke and will have to read elsewhere. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
So far, I haven't heard anything specific enough to help me understand what the concerns of members who feel that Eater modding may have become more restrictive are.

So I do the opposite vote, nothing against any mod, I understand how difficult it can get to judge what is going in the wrong direction and what isn't. Spending all your spare time trying to keep this forum together, running like it is and still bait on the side is a dedication that I don't understand, but sure can appreciate.
If any personal influences might direct the decisions, that's only human and other moderators will jump on that mistake too.
Real personal problems should be solved outside the public view, I can only imagine how that PM program is running hot now Wink or should be ironed flat in the spirit of friendship and the common goal.
Yes we're all different, enjoy it. It took me about a year to accept that the 419eater always goes over and above anyone's personal idea's and believes and a good mod (haven't found a bad one yet) knows that.
Thanks for reading and behave yourself, this is supposed to be fun Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What if we change it to:

Quote:
Anything not covered above that may be considered by the management of 419Eater to be, or which may be seen by others to be in any way offensive, <strike>will</strike> may be removed.

Has it been your experience that the links thread has been over moderated, or are you just concerned about language that lets members know that moderators have the latitude to remove offensive material?

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
That seems like a pretty open ended policy.

It is.
Simply because no-one can predict what might be posted by members before it has been.... Confused

May I ask how you would have re-worded it?

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then Ima, it is also irrevelant that comments made there were brought back into Eater, and posted in the mod lounge and used in PM's e.t.c

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I PMed him, but really didn't say what I wanted to and that was my fault.

That is such a small problem and regret posting.

Overall I think we have a great team of Admins. and Mods or I would not be here. Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig -- your argument cannot be that it's okay to do things contrary to Eater policy as long as you don't say it on Eater? I mean, you were in a CHAT room -- it's not exactly CIA headquarters is it??

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig: I'm sorry, but I'm not really the person to discuss this with you, because I really don't know enough about this. I have my own personal opinions about the chat, but I have to put my personal opinion aside and speak as a moderator here.

Harry: Thank you for a specific example. Thumbs up I'm considering the wording as we speak.

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@JM

I didn't say that, I said it was irrelevent. Maybe I should have put in brackets ( to this thread)? Also, I didn't DO. I, only very slightly, conspired to do. Even at that, it is a case of perception.

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM

Last edited by Craig007 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Luckey, Let me give you a made up example, as I'm not going to get into specifics here, I will/have handled that through PM.

Quote:
Anything not covered above that may be considered by the management of 419Eater to be, or which may be seen by others to be in any way offensive, will be removed.

PM to Mod: Harry Bawls has a post with the word poop in it. I find the word poop offensive".

Mod checks post, and sure enough HB used the word poop.

According to the "guidelines", that member found the word poop offensive, so the post would be removed.

The guidelines are very broad, and may need to be, but my point is that it seems a bit overboard.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Harry
You have a valid point and thanks for pointing it out. We will discuss changing the wording of the gen forum rules.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, Harry, stop talking about poop! Laughing

Seriously though, Thank you for this. This is the type of feedback that is constructive and helpful. The moderators/admins will discuss this and sort it.

packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont make me come out there and give all of you a group hug now.

I think of all of you as my extended family, even the ones that dont like me. as for over modding .frankly sometime there is to much and sometimes there's not enough, but its all to keep the site with some sort of decorum. other wise it could turn into a big steaming peice a shite that I have seen so many times be for on other forums.
I am the first person to admit to being AntiPC but the first to give respect. I do think alot of whats going on it to be respectful of other.
As the famous poet Rodney king one sead "Can't we all just get along?"
Edit I agree with Corona we do have the best damn Mods anywhere.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3

Last edited by packman on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
. . .poop . . .

Harry your example reminds me of a mod edit that happened I think last year about this time.

I posted something that was so innocent that when I was edited I just had to shake my head. I think I just deleted the post and moved on.

My scholarly post Rolling Eyes compared the etymology of the word “gypped” as derived from Gypsy. I innocently included the word “niggardly” and was almost instantaneously censored. The reason given was that someone might think I was using the “N” word even though the censor acknowledged that it had nothing to do with that concept. Yes – this is but a tiny, irrelevant example but it does demonstrate that, at times, the censorship can be way too obtuse.

Again, another example of PCism - worrying about an unknown future person who may or may not understand the English language.
Jerome
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Man I'm out of crackers and the show is still running!

Wait wait wait guys!

On a more serious side note, at least you are not dealing with members that promote NSBM (*)...

(*) Yes we have some in our community...

Flag Monaco Benin Benin Benin Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Ivory Coast France France France Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Mortar Mortar
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
I'm really happy with the technical solution I got with Adblock now, so I don't care what avatars are used anymore.

Excellent. I'm glad that this solution has worked for you. Thumbs up

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It took me a while, but I got through each post and took everyones comments onboard and have been impressed with the general diplomacy of it all. Someone posted that maybe this should be locked. That would kinda be throwing fuel onto the fire imo.

The way I see it, the line of conformity will never cater for all. Ever. Raise the bar of what is acceptable (avatar, politics, religion or otherwise) and your gonna piss people off. Keep the bar low and people feel restricted to what they can do. You will never hit a perfect balance.

Eater has evolved. Im still generally new and therefore dont really have a clear understanding of what used to be allowed. What I do know is that it gets harder and harder for the mods to keep everyone as happy as can be the more people come through the door. The act of juggling peoples opinions and responding in a non-biased manner whilst governing the place is a task I dont envy a single bit.

For me, this is a place to put my creative side to use whilst actually serving the public in some unsung hero kind of way. I tend not to get into debates like these as I find that its time I could have used to kill a bank (4 or 5 in this case) or knock out a mass insult etc, which is what I signed up for.

How about this for Jerry Springer style 'Final Thought' - If we all could take back the time we spent contributing to this debate, and used it to prepare an abuse report for a fake site, or to learn a new modality, we would all have developed into more effective baiters and been more able to contribute to the job we all actually came here to do.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

smartbomb wrote:
I tend not to get into debates like these as I find that its time I could have used to kill a bank.....which is what I signed up for.

Absolutely 100% correct.
I could not agree with you more Smartbomb......... Thumbs up

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Jimmy Jazz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

packman wrote:
as for over modding .frankly sometime there is to much and sometimes there's not enough

In other words, you can please some of the people all the time etc etc.

Moderation is a sticking point in every forum. There have been occasions in many sites in which I have raised my eyebrows over some modding - but taking a step back, I have generally concluded that a decision has been made for what is perceived (rightly or wrongly) as the betterment of that particular site.

It is difficult to find a happy medium. Some people want more moderation, some want less - and some want none at all.

I can see why some would get upset if the consistency of moderation had changed - that may be the case on Eater, I don't know. As a relative newbie (although I am consistently lurking in the depths!) , it is difficult for me to comment on "the good old days" - I simply wasn't around. But when push comes to shove, if I don't like the way a particular site is moderated, I don't bother signing in.

On a site like this, considered moderation for me is vital - we deal in here with some topics that can be deemed potentially volatile, and chaos could easily reign should something go haywire.

This ain't your average chat room Wink

I like you because I can sense some kind of strictness in you which reassures me that you are a straigth forward person - M@mudu U5m@n

"I must tell you that you must be one of these internet bugs parasites" - An ongoing lad.

ASSHOL, EAT YOUR DEFICATE., USELESS SOON OF BITCH, POLICT TOILET AND A MISSRABLE ONDIGAR BORN TO BE FAUSTRATED FOR LIFE THAT IS WHAT YOUR ARE.OK - Barrister D0ugla5 Clarl3

pony Closed lad accounts x 4
Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm completely amenable to change. I have no problem with being called out on a something I've done. I do have a low tolerance for idiocy, and we do get some doozies. I have a heavy hand against race comments because I have a Papua New Guinea, African & Maori uncle, and 12 or so mixed race cousins. Growing up I got see the hurt that people inflicted, so I tend to unleash on blatant race comments. That'll never change. Every knuckle I ever broke I carry like a badge of honour. Wink

We get a lot of reported posts of people being offended by a comment or phrase. Each one of us makes a call or discusses it. Most of the time it's legit, other times it's borderline. However if we're not sure we discuss it. Oh lordy do we discuss it. I really wished people would speak up and say something earlier rather than letting things fester. I felt I was hit out of left field with most of what's been said. The whole thread has been handled poorly, and we're all to blame. Never be afraid to speak your mind. If you have a issue about anything then PM one of us. We do actually care. If anyone here thought for one second that I didn't care I would gladly de-mod myself.

There never need to be snippy remarks or attacks. It solves nothing and only pisses people off. The mods cop a lot of flak over everything, and we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. I wouldn't remain if I couldn't handle it, but we do actually give a shit.

So, if you have a issue, speak up. Make sure it's eloquent and well thought out with lots of examples and evidence to support your claim, otherwise I will beat you to death with a frozen fish.

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic