SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Prof, Yeawhatever & Jojo on the radio-This American Life

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Who is more of a a-hole?

YW
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Jojo (of course not)
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Prof
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
All of the above in equal measure
57%
 57%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 83

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the DL link. Works fine. (Somehow I always expect things NOT to work.)

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good and entertaining interview. I think overall it was pretty fair. Ira is duty bound to ask those sort of searching, critical questions in the name of fairness. I'm sure the listeners that weren't laughing along were thinking the same. But you all gave good accounts of yourselves and put your arguments over in an honest and up front way.

A thumbs up for the three a'holes. Thumbs up Very Happy

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great interview, guys! It had all the main ingredients: the hand, the leg, the only internet cafe on hospital road, streded@Abeche, the pink sash ..

Chad being 'maybe not the safest place in the world' cost me a keyboard Laughing

Very good to end with the Poncho Villa example, to put into perspective the type of scum you guys have been dealing with for 3 months. Thumbs up

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just listened to it. I thought it was excellent and the interviewer had obviously done his research and didn't come across as a lad hugger. The fact that at the end the P0ncho Villa example showed exactly what scumbags they are rounded it off nicely.

Now I know what you sound like and it is nothing like your avatars. Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Awesome interview! Wink

I have to agree with tommo on the voices. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just finished listening to it. I love the interview. He was very fair about it. He could have really made Prof and YW look like dicks. And, as far as calling Adamu a petty thief, we did tell him that we assume that he is probably not successful. So, he was basically repeating what we told him.

The one part that is really awkward for me is where I read the note that he brings into WU. The whole thing about Muhammed and Israel was just a bit awkward to read.

Ira did raise the question about the greed of the victims. I think that is a very common misconception; one that many people have. As YW pointed out, there are numbers of different scams that don't require people to be greedy. I think that was something that Ira probably did not realize, as most people don't realize the different flavours of scam that come our way.

Also, please vote on the poll. I think it is VERY important.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could we have the option to vote for 'All of the above?'

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding the poll, I would like to point out that the "dead mom" idea was the Professor's. Laughing

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who voted for me???? Surely it was that useless Razor and baldy above me. Prof might have accidentally voted for me as he passed out at his computer.

Inspector is right, there probably should be an ALL OF THE ABOVE option. But, I don't have the ability to add something to the poll is seems. However, this will force people to pick the OBVIOUS YW choice.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
MazinGurren
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

who started it?

scaming people = not good, victims did not do anything wrong (sort of)
baiting scammers = good thing, hopefully it will teach them scummers a lesson or two or perhaps...

...so Ira didn't make a fair comparison I think, but he has to think that way; otherwise, he would not be balanced oslt.

Last edited by MazinGurren on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MazinGurren
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
Who voted for me???? Surely it was that useless Razor and baldy above me. Prof might have accidentally voted for me as he passed out at his computer.

Inspector is right, there probably should be an ALL OF THE ABOVE option. But, I don't have the ability to add something to the poll is seems. However, this will force people to pick the OBVIOUS YW choice.

I did, I sort of wanted to vote for the professor, but at last minute I thought that the mom thing was genius, so sorry.
CrimsonSapien
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great job on the interview, I downloaded it last night to have a listen to it at work. I was glad they didn't try to paint you in some sort of crazed fringe vigilianty kook light. Hopefully this broadcast saves as many Vics as it has brought new members to the site. clapping Thumbs up

If you have Lads running US military type scams. Feel free to <a href="/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=1753">send them to me.</a> Twisted Evil
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
there probably should be an ALL OF THE ABOVE option..

You must be mistaken Jojo....
I can see all 4 options when I view the poll..... Rolling Eyes

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup, all 4 options work for me as well.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Useless mod. Razor, not Simba.

Goat

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are all a-holes, but you are our beloved a-holes. Very Happy

Excellent broadcast, BTW. Thumbs up

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
foxhat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just listened to the show...awesome!!

I just loved the sniggering!

No arseholes involved, it just made me think you didn't go far enough...I wanna see ribs sticking out of the desert sand. Evil or Very Mad

Julia1966
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm one of those "This American Life" listeners who found this forum after hearing the podcast.

The story was really interesting (I'll check out the Safari thread when I have time). While in some ways you did come off as assholes, you were "assholes with a purpose." I thought Ira Glass did a great job of presenting it in a way that was fair, but also didn't sugarcoat it.

I admit that I identified with Ira's comment about not finding it that funny, yet in the end, I think the piece did a good job of showing that the scammer essentially got what he deserved. That said, I do hope that this kind of exposure can lead to real justice (such as jail) for people who hurt innocent victims. I'm truly amazed that anyone still falls for these scams.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's see...the bigger asshole??
Well, Jojo said he might not sleep well if misfortune of death ensued for Adamu. Can't vote for that. Too soft.
YW? He's the most consistent asshole of the whole group, who giggled with glee on the interview. A strong choice there.
Prof? The newest asshole on the block. Cocky, laying around all day on his couch, dressed until recently as a clown. Telling the lad his Mom was dead...had to convince YW just a bit to go along with it. That was really being the mean kid down the street. I voted for Prof. Laughing

{YW's head is a little swelled with all his votes, and doesn't care anyway, as long as Jojo doesn't win the poll.} Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Julia & foxhat. Smile Julia, if you check out the signatures of some of the baiters here, you'll see shields, which are for arrests. We have a lot of talent here, using many different ways to hurt lads.

All of the above is the only way to go, poll-wise. Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Julia1966
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
Welcome, Julia & foxhat. Smile Julia, if you check out the signatures of some of the baiters here, you'll see shields, which are for arrests. We have a lot of talent here, using many different ways to hurt lads.

Thanks for the welcome and the heads-up, Eight!

When I have more time ("not at work") I'll do more reading.
Crow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty speechless. This made my lunch break.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eaterville Julia1966

Quote:
...I admit that I identified with Ira's comment about not finding it that funny, yet in the end, I think the piece did a good job of showing that the scammer essentially got what he deserved...

Hopefully, you will stick around here, read around, learn the ropes you will see what depths these scammers stoop to. Laughing at their misfortune is basically a release mechanism. If we didn't we would have to cry. They are serial criminals who would sell there own grandmother rather than do an honest days work.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Crow
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So is Adamu still on the grid? He may never know the legacy he has created with his criminal activity. I've never seen such a piece of shit bring this much joy to people's lives.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Yes. We are still messing with him but are not going to reveal how because he may very well be reading this (we invited him to do so).

Today, now that the radio show is history, we sent him this...

Quote:
Hi Idiot,

You are famous... have a listen... http://podcast.thisamericanlife.org/podcast/363.mp3

So, by now I am sure that you have finally figured everything out (or maybe not... you do not seem all that smart). Anyhow, thanks to you and your lack of morals, we are now rich. This radio show has made us a small fortune. We want to be fair though. We are compassionate people, and even though we think that you are a lying, thieving scum, we want to share our new found wealth with you. We each chipped in $2000 (that is $6000 altogether in case you are too stupid to do simple math) and sent it to the Western Union office in Abeche, where it will be waiting for you for the next 30 business days. Enjoy.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic