SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Prof, Yeawhatever & Jojo on the radio-This American Life

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Who is more of a a-hole?

YW
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Jojo (of course not)
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Prof
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
All of the above in equal measure
57%
 57%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 83

Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That was really interesting, and pretty fair for the most part, I think. Good work, chaps. Very Happy clapping clapping

Welcome to those who found us as a result of the broadcast. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just heard the whole thing...
@Jojo's point about Adamu still scamming and suggesting a child should die while he collects $10K should squash all lad huggers.

Overall, I still found the reading of the actual emails really funny.
I expected you all to be much BIGGER assholes than you really were... Laughing

Great job and a really balanced report. Fox News should figure out how to be that balanced... Laughing

P.S. You all sounded much brighter than the opening act...Joey "hands and head of cement" Kocur... Very Happy

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)

Last edited by asiaguy on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
opstand
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I said in the original thread guys, nice work and incredible job getting this kind of publicity. Even if you were made out to be assholes (which I don't think you were), having this aired on a national scale raises awareness about 419 scams. You managed to waste months of the lad's time and educate thousands of listeners about how common 419 scamming is. Well done and congrats!

"If it is a joke please and please kindly stop that....I can see that you are taking this as a joke .otherwise things should'nt be like this." - [mask:1]Mr. Kokou Ananseh[/mask:1]

"Go and fool your mother and stop mailing me. Go to hell with your stories and find a good thing doing on the net." - [mask:1]Mr. Kokou Ananseh[/mask:1], yet again

"You will suffer for it very well I say VERY WELL and you SHALL DIE UPON THAT. - [mask:1]Junior Aloula[/mask:1], aka [mask:1]Kokou Ananseh[/mask:1]
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just heard it as well. Nicely done, although I think they could have spent the full hour on the topic. Just a minor complaint though.

I thought it was a fair presentation. There are moral issues involved with this type of bait, but I was pleased that they included the part at the end where Adamu is willing to kill a child to get his money.

The only other complaint that I would have is that the show tended to paint the victims of these scams as greedy folks like Adamu. Or maybe that was just the way that I interpreted it.

Did you folks not get the opportunity to work "run left" into the conversation? Very Happy

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
RobotAmish
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, folks.. I'm new.

I had heard about scambaiting several years ago, but it sort of slipped out of my mind, until the other day when I was checking my usual websites and saw the promo on the This American Life site, with the link to the safari thread (and by the way, that is easily the most EPIC thing I have ever read on the intertubes).

I heard the show today on the way home from work and, like pretty much everyone else here is saying, it was pretty even-handed. I sort of didn't like the implied "scambaiters are as evil as the lads themselves" angle, but maybe that's just because I'm rather fond of taste-of-your-own-medicine ironic karma punishments. These scamming jack-holes make their living by ruining the lives of others, and who knows what else they're into (human trafficking, for example, is a lucrative trade in that part of the world). I have not a shred of sympathy for any of them.

Anyway, congrats on the radio interview, and huge, huge congratulations on scamming the scammers so thoroughly that even J.R. "Bob" Dobbs himself would be proud to shake your hand (for only $50).
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have spent the day with a paint brush in my hand, and wasn't able to tune in...Sad
Anywhere I can listen to a recording...????

EDIT: Thanks for the link Freddie, this is absolutely priceless.... Very Happy

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ira was very fair with the information we gave him. He was right that YW and Prof are big a-holes, but not me. Laughing

I have heard about 90% of it so far. I'll listen to the rest Monday.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@YeaWhatever, Jojo & Prof - Superbly well played, gents.... bow_down clapping bow_down clapping

A very humorous and informative interview.
I was delighted that Ira allowed listeners the opportunity to hear about Adamu's utter indifference to the life or death struggle of Pancho Villa's little girl in his greed for £10k.

To me, that was the perfect way to finish the interview, and left listeners in absolutely no doubt whatsoever, what a vile excuse of a human Adamu truly is.... Evil or Very Mad

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo

Last edited by Simba on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
leia
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you Floridians living in the Tampa Bay area, it's supposed to be on this evening at 7pm est on wusf 89.7(2) and wusf 89.7 at 8pm. Not sure what the difference is between the two stations...I think the (2) station is hi-def Rolling Eyes

Anyway, you can also listen to it streaming at 7pm here:
http://www.wusf.usf.edu/wusf-fm2/WUSF-FM2_Stream/LaunchStream2.cfm

or at 8pm here:
http://www.wusf.usf.edu/wusf-fm/

"I was contemplating with me...I have a reliable mind to complete this transaction with you. Let me cheap this into your mind that we will not suffer and another person will rip it, relax and forget him as you said." -Mr. Robert Kofi

"Please when ever you are writing to the bank
try and be specific and go straight to the point. Is an institution we are not interested in your boyfriend case." - fake bank

"I'm so annoyed with you are you sure you are with all your senses?" - Mr. Robert Kofi again
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I´m just waiting for it to start Smile should start in 5 minutes (first link)

EDIT Really nicely done! Very Happy More an audio play than a pure interview. I like the Guybrush Threepwood-like music Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Worf
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love Ira reading the famous "the hand" e-mail. Laughing

Safari = Rev. Michael Jeans - Dakar to Ziguinchor
Safari = Rev. Michael Jeans - Dakar to St. Louis, Senegal (co-bait with OxygenDeprived)
Safari = Mattar - Abidjan, Ivory Coast to Accra, Ghana
Safari = Stanley, co-bait with VDJ, Gadget and Jayhawk - Aba to Benin City
United Kingdom Closed lad accounts
Bloob_of_Jesus
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys did great! Everytime "the hand" was mentioned I lost it.

leia
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kudos guys clapping

I loved it. Listened at 7 and had to listen again at 8...would've posted sooner but couldn't seem to get through. Guess the website had a lot of traffic, wonder why lol

Can't wait for it to be uploaded to itunes so I can have it on my ipod Very Happy

I only wished they had played the "Are you sleeping inside yet?" "Nooooooooo!" audio....that was this guy, wasn't it Confused

"I was contemplating with me...I have a reliable mind to complete this transaction with you. Let me cheap this into your mind that we will not suffer and another person will rip it, relax and forget him as you said." -Mr. Robert Kofi

"Please when ever you are writing to the bank
try and be specific and go straight to the point. Is an institution we are not interested in your boyfriend case." - fake bank

"I'm so annoyed with you are you sure you are with all your senses?" - Mr. Robert Kofi again
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@leia, thanks for the link, I found it just at the right time to hear the whole thing. Very Happy

@Yea, Jojo, and Prof: great job! I was very impressed by how well you guys presented yourselves, as well as how even-handed the story was portrayed. That was the best overall 419-related media presentation I've read/seen/heard to date. Kudos to Ira Glass for keeping such an open-minded and intelligent perspective. No sugar-coating, no diatribes, just a clear, honest presentation. A great show on every level. And, of course, an epic bait. Wink

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Where can i download the podcast?

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The podcasts are usually available on his site by Monday.
Once it is available, you should be able to find it here http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Archive.aspx

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Kaffe Anon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just heard about the NPR piece, will catch the podcast tomorrow. Having fun learning about you guys--fantastic! I've had fun returning e-mails, but it never occurred to invest time in disincentivizing this bullsh**. Thanks for that.

Any chance this will push the Nigerian government to get its sh** together? Laughing I figure it will just increase competitive pressures elsewhere in its creatively destructive "economy". Still, those with the advanced degrees should be wildly successful. And I hear there's always work for people who can hold a tiller in one hand and an AK-47 in the other...

Congrats again. Keep up the good fight.
MaxTheCat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really enjoyed the radio interview. I thought I might see some ethical purists niggling about procedural grey areas ito your activity, but I've been angry about these people for a long time.

My father just told me a few weeks ago, in fact, about one of his acquaintances who allegedly lost 80K on one of these scams; the guy is a senior citizen, and maybe he got greedy, but that doesn't make it OK, obviously. So I was kept quite amused with your stories & if I can help with any action (if I can find time), it seems like it might be fun.

Very Happy
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MaxTheCat wrote:
... and maybe he got greedy, .....

That is one thing that Ira said to us that annoyed ALL of us. The notion that victims of 419 scams are all greedy. That is not the case, well, at least not most of the time.

I will admit, that folks who fall for the "next-of-kin" scam (where the scammer asks you to lie, and pretend that you are the aire to a fortune that you are not entitled to) might have some questionable judgement. But as most of the people who are members here know, there are many other types of scams that do not require the victim to lie to collect money. For instance, fake lotteries, fake "work from home" scams, fake charities, etc... are all flavors of 419 scams that even the most honest and ethical people could fall victim to.

Is someone who thinks that they have found a way to work from home "greedy"? Is someone who thinks that they won a drawing or lottery "greedy"? Of course not, but sadly, there are many people, including Ira Glass for a while (until we filled him in), that see all 419 scam victims as greedy. I do not think that the vast majority of victims are greedy at all... perhaps a bit gullible, but not greedy.

Every time that a bait, or a baiter is mentioned outside the scambaiting community as we just were, I am always hopeful that people will realize that victims of these crimes are not just greedy people as some would think. I would also hope that maybe we have stopped a few people from losing everything that they have worked for. That maybe they heard our story, and recognized a "proposal" that they have been offered recently, and now have been educated enough to protect themselves from these scum.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
carlosq
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Taking the inheritance scam as an example, the end result is the victim may have had the intention of depriving a non-existent deceased person's estate of non-existent funds; whereas the scammer has both intended to defraud and actually defrauded a real person of real, and what is likely to be hard-earned, cash.

I know which one the criminal is and so does he. I take great pleasure in wasting as much of his time as possible, which otherwise would have undoubtedly been spent in scamming more victims.

your a big time animal get loss with your money . another person can buy the gold dust - Bello

Remember what great mating ruttier king - Jones Jerry
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Kaffe Anon and MaxTheCat - I'm glad you tuned in, and found our site.
Please stick around and give scambaiting a try. We're always around to answer questions and get you started. We do some good around here, and have fun doing it. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Dr. Ivor Bollockov
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great work guys!

Podcast is here: http://podcast.thisamericanlife.org/podcast/363.mp3
our bit starts about 5 or 6 minutes into it.

Kudos, I think you came over really well considering he had to play
devils advocate with you.

USEMA PANTE

please it is clear that the system does not understand me so try and call me.
I am waiting for your call or i will conclude that you are not competent.

JOHNSON NYERERE - Safari from Johannesburg to Durban and back ending with

x9 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts x lost count!
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Downloading to my iPod as I type. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
spot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the link IVOR.

I have made a few radio (scam baiting) broadcasts in the past .... but this is the best one I have ever heard.

clapping clapping clapping

Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Radio show!

So, you invited Adamu to listen to the show, don't you kill your current bait with him by doing that? Or has it dies anyway?

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic