SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Get your rocks off

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any rock climbers? I had my first proper go last month, while on holiday in France. The guy who's house we were staying with is a keen climber, he learned as a Royal Marine. As we drove around the Pyrenees, he kept looking at cliffs for the tell tale glint of bolts fixed into climbable cliffs.

We chucked his gear in the car and off we went. Here he is getting the gear out, he climbed up the side of the 2 cliffs we visited to fix up the ropes.

Then Hayley and I both climbed up the cliff, with G holding the rope, which looped through a couple of runners at the top. If one pulled out there was another, likewise there were 2 ropes. I only 'fell off' once - when all your weight goes on the rope you know you would have plunged to your doom if the rope had not been there.

You wear magic slippers, the rubber on the bottom comes off old racing tyres. It's suprising how you can put your weight on a foot that is pressed on to the rock. Like with a racing car, warm shoes on hot rock sticks the best. The pointy toes can be stuffed into a crack hole in the rocks.

View from the top:

To come back down, you put your weight on the rope and walk backwards as the anchor man lowers you down.

G said this one was (I think) Hard/Severe grade 5 (out of 8 ) which sounded pretty ambitious for noobs, I thought. I went up 5 times, 2 routes up the first pitch, then 3 routes up a higher one, after re-roping.

It turns out he thought In was very good at it, I think long arms and legs must help. I'm pants at most sports, wish I'd known I could do this 20 years ago (though I may be dead by now).

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice one Roy, I liked abseiling as well, not lately though, it was a bit hard to find places in Ireland, but there's some great climbs I've done here over the years.

Nice weather makes it a lot more interesting too, great pics Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I admire you all for having the courage for such an adventure and thanks for sharing. Wink

Me's will never do that. Shocked

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tripped over a pebble today .. does that count? Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That looks fun, actually. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was fun, except the magic slippers hurt like hell, they were a size to small. G said that was no bad thing, tight shoes keep your feet the right shape.

I might keep an eye on eBay for my own pair, so I can have another go over here (can't see the weather being as good). G stressed I should never buy secong hand ropes or other gear off eBay, just the shoes.

Here's a view of the valley, taken from the cliff top.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I would never want to buy used rock climbing equipment! The shoes maybe. I have been a couple of times, it is fun and challenging. I don't think I would take it up as a full time hobby though.

Those are some beautiful piccys though. Thanks for sharing.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The pics are great, RC, but a couple of them make me feel vertiginous just looking at them. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic