SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MUSIC: What Were We Smoking???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tommo, the Bob Dylan card trick, to Desmond Decca. Only misheard, because he needs to hear it on a Maxell tape.

ME EARS ARE ALIGHT

Funniest advert ever. Laughing

'darling cheese head' - 'I was yards to greasy' Laughing

An advert for Maxell audio tape, if you don't get it, someone has posted the original lyrics to 'Israelites' underneath in Youtube comments, instead of the usual abuse.
Quote:
Some just had to thump me on the back to stop me choking I was laughing so much.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ImageImageImage

Here's a good one: Wink

Mrs Robinson- A Tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnW59E-zyZY

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay – gonna brag a bit here.

I’ve been around a long time – seen a lot of shows. Saw the first concert of the Floyd doing Dark Side – been to 31 concerts of the Boss – spent 3 weeks on tour with The Who – I actually had a 3 minute conversation with Van the Man – and much more.

But all of that is secondary to the artist that I consider to be THE outstanding musical genius of our time – NICK DRAKE.

John Lennon once described him as the greatest writer of the past 50 years. I totally agree. Sadly he never achieved notoriety in his lifetime but now his music has a massive cult following, selling hundreds of thousands of copies each year.

If you want a true musical adventure, check out this man’s life story and his music.

Here are just two pieces that demonstrate his genius:

Pink Moon
So simple yet so powerful – the piano still gets me stoned.

I saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get you all
Its a pink moon
Its a pink, pink, pink, pink, pink moon.

Black Eyed Dog
This next song was one of the very last he recorded before his tragic death. Some say it is proof that he killed himself.

A black eyed dog he called at my door
The black eyed dog he called for more
A black eyed dog he knew my name
A black eyed dog he knew my name
A black eyed dog
A black eyed dog.

Im growing old and I wanna go home
Im growiing old and I dont wanna know
Im growing old and I wanna go home.

A black eyed dog he called at my door
A black eyed dog he called for more.
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I brag alittle?
at last count been to 248 concerts.
saw Stevie Ray Vaughan's last concert at Alpine valley in East Troy Wisconsin, was stuck in traffic trying to leave after the concert when his helocopter crashed into the ski hill.
fell asleep at a REO Speedwagon concert front row left of center during Riding the storm out, the band saw me ask my frends if I was drunk and passed out, (which I wasn't) and played rock abye baby to me.
had pizza and played Uno with Rick Nielson from CheapTrick.
Met 72 of the greatest old county stars when I was a DJ for a country radio station back home in Wisconsin. ( Roy Clark, Buck Owens, Conway Twitty, Cristal Gale,Ect)

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@GH

Winston Churchill, the best Prime Minister this country ever had used to talk of the black dog. He suffered from depression.

I'm not really familiar with Nick Drake's work but will check it out.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

'Black Dog' is a common term for depression, and a Led Zep track.

Quite recently i heard 'Riverman' by Nick Drake, and found it had quite an effect on me, very haunting, and beautiful. On Googling him I was very sad to read what happened to him. What a waste of talent.

There are talented musicians today who would be well advised to take note, but probably won't.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Harry Pianis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a kid, and I hate rap and heavy metal, which in my opinion, don't even classify as music. The only REAL stuff in my opinion is '80's and Classical/orchestral music.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Pack: You may brag. That's how we all know you Laughing
Haven't been to that many concerts by far .. but I'm happy to having seen SRV and double trouble live in Germany. Actually that concert was broadcasted live over there, but I never saw it on TV. A few years ago found a German website that sells this kind of footage on DVD so I was able to watch it many years after. Even spotted a young DB amongst the audience. Been a Stevie fan ever since I saw him. Too bad he didn't have enough time to produce a shitload of albums.

Then there was Joe Cocker a couple of times, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Gary Moore, Bruce Springsteen, Steve Healey band, Walter Trout, RHCP, Live, and a couple of music festivals with numerous bands. And of course all kinds of Dutch bands you've never heard about ..

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Quite recently i heard 'Riverman' by Nick Drake, and found it had quite an effect on me, very haunting, and beautiful.

That's my Nick . . . virtually all of his work has so much depth that it is almost a profound experience to listen to him.

His guitar tunings and chord structures are described by guitarists as being some of the most difficult to replicate.

I could go on and on but I won't. Laughing But I will state in closing that to anyone who wants a truly satisfying experience of music melded with brilliant, brilliant lyrics - check him out - he only recorded 3 albums.

Roycropper wrote:
There are talented musicians today who would be well advised to take note, but probably won't.

You bring up an interesting topic. Not to sound like an old fart (which I am), but where is the music today that equals what most of us have been posting in this thread? I would love to discover another Nick Drake or John Lennon or Van Morrison . . . .

I am not one of those who terrorize the younger set with admonitions to listen to the "old stuff". If they missed it then that's their problem. But I do constantly ask them what they listen to and try to check it out. Almost all of it can't hold a candle to what we listened to back in the 'good old days'. I am not referring to the "rap shit" but real music with talented musicians and lyricists. I just don't get it.

BTW - Radio Paradise is the center of the Internet universe for me - one of the very best.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eat your heart out Bobby Z. RIP Syd B. The bubble is burst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOokCdkIejk&NR=1

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What was I smoking?
I was offered tickets to see Bruce Springsteen waaaay back in the early eighties.
I turned them down!
( back story it was a from my dad and we didnt have a good relationship then, his drinking, parents divorce, etc etc but still what was I thinking...)

anyway around that time Patti Smith had a hit with this
i only recently found out the Boss co wrote it you tube

o dammit janet rocky horror is on tv now itv 3
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ It's just a jump to the left, and 2 steps to the right

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Old music is without question good when it keeps getting reinvented or discovered by our kids. Although most of the remixes cannot top the originals.

A new tune from Kid Rock "All Summer Long" pretty much sums up my late teen years in Western Canada. I think he's hit a whole generation with this song and the Sweet Home Alabama riffs are perfect.

Brings back so many memories. My husband claims we never smoked funny things though, we knew what it was all along! And he lucked out, he married that girl that Kid Rock talks about wanting to see again!

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The punk generation, just before I left school, rejected the 'smoking' thing as old hippy shit. However, anything that could be swallowed, sniffed or snorted was ok. God knows how much Ajax we consumed in those days.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
meyer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
You bring up an interesting topic. Not to sound like an old fart (which I am), but where is the music today that equals what most of us have been posting in this thread? I would love to discover another Nick Drake or John Lennon or Van Morrison . . . .

I hear you, I hear you... (not an old fart yet though)

Two years or so ago I would have completely agreed with you about the decline in the quality of pop music. I was also searching for the new Drakes, Dylans etc or the new London Calling, but couldn't find them. Then I realized I was searching for the wrong thing - that interesting and good music still exists, but that it is different. Which is good, because anyone trying to be a new Drake/Stones/Beatles/Clash would be derivative by definition and thus boring right from the start. I have to agree that a very large part of what is released and promoted by the major labels is utter shit, but there is still excellent music. It simply is a lot harder to find it. There was always atrocious music in the mainstream - Bay City Rollers anyone? - but I feel it's never been as bad as in the last ten years. I used to listen to the radio a lot in the past, but completely stopped that.

Here are some albums from the last, say, 10-15 years that I think are on par with the classics of 1965-72 (or 1977-80): Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Radiohead's Kid A, Yo La Tengo's - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven. And Sigur Rós of course. But I think it is true that really great albums are becoming increasingly rare.

But then, how long did it take until Nick Drake got the attention he no doubt deserves? Decades. He only got really hyped since a TV commercial used one of his songs. I believe there are more such people who are just as good from the same time who remained (relatively) obscure and are still waiting to be recognized by a wider audience - I for one would like to see Gene Clark and Townes Van Zandt being rediscovered (be careful with the TVZ studio albums though- they often have an awful production, his songs work best stripped down to the very basics).

"I AM VERY MUCH AWARE OF YOUR CONCERNS BUT I HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IO MA NOT A CRIMINAL AND WONT ACCEPT TO BE TREARTED AS ONE SINCE JUST BECAUSE I HAVE ASKED FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE." " Mrs. Kokou Williams.

"Thanks but no thanks as your days are numbered." Paul George

Fake banks killed: 334
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

meyer wrote:
. . . that interesting and good music still exists, but that it is different. Which is good . . .

I stand corrected Very Happy Of course bands such as Radio Head, Wilco, Dave Mathews Band and more are right up there with all the great music and lyrics - no question about that. I am in the process of checking out the others you suggested. Thanks for the ideas.

And Gene Clark wrote some of the greatest pop lyrics ever such as:
Quote:
But I know if you sell your soul
To brighten your role
You might be disappointed
In the lights

I have to disagree with you a wee bit about the VW commercial. Nick's music had been covered long before that by 'artists' such as Calexico, Norah Jones, Beck, Iron & Wine, Scott Appel and many more.

And for sure check out Lucinda Williams' version of "Which Will" (one of Nicks very best) on the "Car Wheels On A Gravel Road" album. If anyone doesn't have a copy of that album then I must note that your life is incomplete Wink She is simply brilliant.

And then of course ya have to listen to this sweet, sweet song - go on - take 3 minutes and listen - it will change your life.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_dkP2duog

Here's another Lucinda favourite:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nbSEk5qprHU

And if you have time then you could listed to . . . . oh! never mind . . . damn I wish I had never seen this thread . . . . . Rolling Eyes
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I love "Something About What Happens When We Talk." Wink

The old "Broken Wings"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyeVfuolT4

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Turn The Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe7yOccqdxI

Simple Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs

Cool

Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona - this is all your fault - never invoke the music of Seger when I am about - it gets me to thinkin' Laughing

Some favourites and a few choice lyrics that have stayed with me all these long years Rolling Eyes

Night moves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTgLQgpwRvQ

She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high

Against the wind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDCvQbOdig

What to leave in, what to leave out

Like a rock
(be careful - the guitar lick may induce orgasm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arUfKiO_k94
My hands were steady
My eyes were clear and bright
My walk had purpose
My steps were quick and light
And I held firmly
To what I felt was right
Like a rock

And the best of the best of the best of the best – turn it way up!

Roll Me Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xreVTZrLH4M

And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right . . . . . .
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw Metallica live at the weekend! ( Reading Festival )

<smug mode>

and Feeder and Tenacious D and Fratellis and Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly and Biffy Clyro and Queens of the Stone Age and Rage Against the Machine and...
NOT Slipknot they cancelled... phew ! (I might have pushed my fingers into my eyes! )
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw The Ramones at the Hollywood Palladium (very small venue) back in the early '90's. They played their songs so loud and so fast that it took approximately half the song before you recognized what song they were actually playing. I was close enough to the stage that I had to be careful to not get hit in the head by Joey Ramone when he swung the microphone stand around. Any hearing loss I have at this point in my life, I attribute to that concert. Frank Black (For you Pixies fans) opened for them. Greatest show I've ever been to.

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'll Accomp'ny Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zD_FmHp2RM

Fire Lake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJw1kFlnY0

Cool Cool Cool

Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

corona wrote:
Fire Lake . . . .

Yep . . . that's just north of Greasy Lake where the Boss hangs out Laughing

Spirit in the night . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7oIThTv7Qk

Great video of Bruce working the crowd like only he can do . . . shows why he really is loved by his fans.

Quote:
Crazy Janey and her mission man were back in the alley tradin' hands
'Long came Wild Billy with his friend G-man all loaded up for Saturday night
Billy slammed on his coaster brakes and said anybody wanna go on up to Greasy Lake
It's about a mile down on the dark side of Route 88
I got a bottle of rose' so let's try it
We'll pick up Hazy Davy and Killer Joe and I'll take you all out to
where the gypsy angels go
They're built like light
And they dance like spirits in the night (all night) in the night (all night)
Oh you don't know what they can do to you Spirits in the night
(all night) in the night (all night)
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Wink

Edge Of Seventeen Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaochA4mmAw

There is a grumpy old man here that will like this. Laughing

amerdos
Began Steele's Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Public Image Ltd - Rise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPj-8_wOZcA&feature=related

Hableme el unico del mundo, digame: Como te hace ese sonido, tan glorioso, que aun hora con anticipacion de el, me ha reducio a un bestia, gruendo, entusiomandose y paliptando
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic