SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

romancescambaiter.com is now LIVE!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be unleashing my little contribution to the scambaiting community tomorrow at 8pm UK time, right after Dan's show. www.romancescambaiter.com will be a place to see my videos (including the ones that Youtube decide to pull), read about baiting and hopefully have a laugh at the scammers' expense. It's not a big site, and I pretty much had to learn how to make a web page as I was making it, but I'm pretty pleased with it. There'll be a guestbook if you want to leave any messages.

Last edited by wayne on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't Wait to see to Wayne. sounds like a good time.
EDIT: typo

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3

Last edited by packman on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sod the Olympics this is a much better event to watch.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Wot he said Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jump_4_joy jump_4_joy jump_4_joy go, go , Johnnie, go

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
There'll be a guestbook if you want to leave any messages.
Confused

Will this "guestbook" of yours make my email address get plastered around lad land?

Laughing

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
wayne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think standard practices apply to this guestbook as any other. Whatever details you put there will sooner or later end up in the hands of the scammers and spammers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And the site's open now.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking good Thumbs up and enormously big it is, so much information (and trophies)

Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

love it - and left a message from a lonely old man Very Happy

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Fatter Siam
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice site Wayne, congratulations. Already learned something I didn't know-EXIF data. I'll be back.

Safari Accra>Abidjan
Safari Accra>Dakar
Safari Accra>Lome
Safari Cotonou>Abidjan
Safari Cotonou>Accra
Safari Cotonou>Lome
Safari Lagos>Lome UHMMMMM OH MY GOD DADDY PLEASE SAVE MY LIFE HERE IN LOME i did not eat, take my bath nor brush my tooth
Safari #1 Lagos>Cotonou> SH Parakou, #2 Lagos>SH Abuja HE REALLY SUFFERED AS I COULDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM AGAIN

Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice looking site. You seem to have quite a lot of substance.

I’ll make two suggestions if that’s ok with you.

The first would be reducing the size of the nice lady on the first page (or nesting the text about her perhaps) as it takes up almost the full screen when opening the site and at first glance makes it look like there is little else on the website.

The second suggestion is from an accessibility view point. I have ‘photoscopic eyes’, which basically means that my eyes are sensitive to certain parts of the colour spectrum*. I might suggest tinting the background of your website in some way.

I normally use a program called Claroview (I am now on my home computer) but when I was looking at the site earlier on the library computers I was having a lot of trouble with the amount of white on screen at any given time.

Problems with black on white, or white on computer monitors in general are quite common, and a simple off white wash (not magnolia, but you get my meaning) would help me out when reading and most other people would probably find the site more comfortable in general.

*my eyes work worst in the blue spectrum, including ‘white’ light, and best in the red spectrum, meaning I do in fact have rose tinted glasses for reading large amounts of printed text. Basically my eyes ‘flinch’ at blue light and so skip parts of what I am seeing (meaning I’m not allowed to drive because of modern halogen lights being so bright and white)
wayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ariyeo The "nice lady" was only ever meant to be there for the first day as a sort of link between the old front page and the new one. But I've gone ahead and changed her for the default banner early Smile I hadn't thought about the background, so thanks for bringing that up. If you can show me the best color to use then I'll change the background in them all by this time tomorrow. Maybe show me a friendly site and I'll steal their color Wink
The site is still very much in "version 1.0" mode and there'll no doubt be lots of changes and tweaks as time goes on. As I've said before, this is the first site I've ever built, so I'm learning it all as I go along. It's a fun experience and one I wish I'd done earlier.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quite liked the lady in truth, she has very neat fingernails...can't see her doing a lot of manual work.

The colour for the background would depend on your preference really. I personally would appreciate anything yellowy or pinkish, but green or brown are equally fine with me and the blue that's the default colour on these forums is grey enough that I have no problem with it. It’s mostly bright white that’s the problem – I have trouble reading newly printed books (I tend to get them form the charity shop where they have slightly yellowed pages)

Some people prefer different spectrums of colour, and a colour that was most suited to me (optically determined at 3 parts rose and 1 part orange) would knacker my partner who can't read easily on the red spectrum and prefers green backgrounds (1 part mint to 1 part lime in fact*).

Does anyone else on the forum have a shade they most prefer to read on?

*Don’t you just love modern education institutions where they assess absolutely everyone for everything and if they can’t find anything badly wrong assign you something to have trouble with?
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read best with white on black.

My software automatically makes text that combination. (I didn't even know the Eater's background was blue.)

Bright white can be toned down, also, by twiddling with the "brightness" and "contrast" controls on one's monitor.

Congratulations, BTW, on your very own site. Now you can post what you want, and no silly censors to get their knickers in a twist.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On my home computer it's fine as I have software that filters sites through a shade of my choosing. When on campus I am not permited to ajust the computer settings.
wayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Changes have been made. The background is now a similar blue to this site. If demand is high enough I can certainly make a high contrast version too. It's not that difficult a task. Just a matter of altering 3-5 variables on each page and renaming/uploading it so there's a "mirror image" version of the site so to speak. As it is it would be maybe 30 minutes' work. One of the options I was considering originally was white on black.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankies, I turned my filters off and it looks very nice. I got the feeling that you might not want pink Razz

What software are you using?
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent, Wayne! I grabbed the Firefox add-on for photos. Thanks!

Closed lad accounts

wayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ariyeo wrote:
What software are you using?

Trellian Webpage. It's a good piece of freeware. I tried some others but just clicked with this program.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
Changes have been made. The background is now a similar blue to this site.

~ Wayne, you site is showing as a darkins grey colour for mee, nothing like the blue on here Confused

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
wayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's kinda sorta similarish. A cross between the dark blue and the light blue. But definately not gray. It should be more blueish. Ah screw it..... At least tell me it looks better than the white Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
As I've said before, this is the first site I've ever built, so I'm learning it all as I go along. It's a fun experience and one I wish I'd done earlier.

Do I have to look up our chat history to find out when we had talked about this idea first? Wink
(Well i might have only thought of a trophy collection site...you have turned it into a great educating one as well!) Thumbs up

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Well it's kinda sorta similarish. A cross between the dark blue and the light blue. But definately not gray

Nope, not a hint of blue Laughing, sorry Wayne, it looks terrible with black text on darkish almost charcoal grey Laughing

Your background color is #c0c0c0, try efefef or e1e1e1, there are various shades of white and light greys you can use, like smokey white, ivory white etc

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
wayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crap. It looked like a pale blue on the desktop. I checked it on the laptop and it does look gray too. Back to the drawing board...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic