SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Google Street View - Cool Tool or Gross Invasion Of Privacy?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This was launched today, pics of your house on your street taken from a passing vehicle. All you have to do is type the street address. Not all areas are covered (yet) but my house is in there and it's WAY too much detail for comfort (my car reggo is clearly visible). I'm not a privacy freak at all but I'm really not comfortable with this. Discuss.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this was not launched today

we got it like a month ago.

and you want to talk about invasion of privacy?

my dad is visible in the driveway. His whole head is.

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Discuss what?

I am totally comfortable with your house being shown in Google.

Compare and contrast.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Well, it's not necessarily just your house.

It also shows your cars, and possibly what is in them.

And, like I said, it shows my dad in it. His head is visible; you can even see the color of his hair. That's how close it gets.

I don't believe its really an invasion either. Unless some hooker is turning tricks in a car and you can see the guy's face!

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It may have been launched in the US last month but here in Australia which is, like, not the US it was launched today. We are pretty backward here in the colonies. I don't have a problem with my house being on the internet. I do have a problem registration of the car parked in the driveway being clearly visible too. As far as I can see there isn't a hooker actually IN the car but it was a Tuesday which is always slow around here.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My understanding is that you can contact Google and have an incriminating photo removed from their database if you feel it is inappropriate.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
registration of the car parked in the driveway being clearly visible too.

Wow. Those cameras had to have been in on ultra zoom or something to get the registration.

Quote:
We are pretty backward here in the colonies.

The only thing I know about Australia is in the Simpsons episode where they went to Australia. Greatest. Simpsons. Episode. Ever. You have to watch that, specially as an Australian.

irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here in the other Colony, Google have agreed to mask out any details such as car rego, people,

But I doubt it

I think it'll be a case of contact Google, and hopefully it will be resolved.

They have just finished the drive by here, after 6 months of several vans going around.

Let me know if I'm home

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just looked, my street wasn't photographed. Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ It's not all uploaded yet Reaper, it may take a while till your palatial mansion is featured Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My location isn't on there either. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My street isn't on there either. But even if it was, my house is way at the end of a long twisty driveway back in the woods. So I have nothing to worry about. Smile

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

re. privacy, they apparently made all car license plates unreadable, like here in Paris:

Fight My Brute
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like it Smile

I don't really see it as an invasion of privacy. There is nothing there but pictures taken from the street. It's available to anyone who drives by so I don't see much of a difference.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I really don't care either. It's kind of neat really because if you are traveling somewhere that you aren't familiar with, you can get a look at the place before you go. I wish that this had been available in the 80's when a friend and I had to make a trip to Oakland, CA. We had to go on the bad side of town but didn't know it until we got there.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ SB, you went to Oakland? I live by Hayward! And the whole town is "the wrong side of the tracks"! Just kidding. Montclair is the rich part. And Piedmont.

And no one get angry at me. Because I lived in Oakland for the first 6 years of my life. And we were robbed. So we got the heck out of there. And we've been happy ever since.

Jimmy_Jones
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There has been google cars spotted around the UK but none seem to be online yet

am gonna run along side one and see how many times i can get myself in a picture

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool tool.

Although I saw my colleagues wife on it today... which can't be cool for him.

That said, anyone can take a photo of your house at any time, this is just the same but multiplied.

Just don't let Al-Qaeda know about it...

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Jimmy_Jones
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red wrote:
Cool tool.

what was she doing lol

Fixed quote tags - SB Wink

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I assume that a lot of the pics haven't been put on the site yet? The only places I can see are large cities and surrounds in the US and a hefty chunk of Oz. Nothing for UK, Europe, Asia (except Japan), Africa (damn!), Canada or South America. I'll contact them and ask for my reggo to be obscured.

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jimmy_Jones wrote:
Red wrote:
Cool tool.

what was she doing lol

Let's just say she wasn't exactly home looking after the kids...

J/k, i'm sure that was her brother in the photo hugging her...

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Mortar x10
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not bloody happy. I was painting gateposts when the asshats drove past.

Did I *give* them permission to capture my image or likeness on that day? Were the public informed of this event beforehand, so they could object to, or take measures to ensure their privacy wasn't breached?

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Legally it is not a breach of privacy.

Anyone can take a photo of you walking down the street, and CCTV takes thousands of hours of footage every day.

Ethically... well... that's a different story...

Mortar x10
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is because you don't have an expectation of privacy standing in the full view of the public.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell that to my neighbour...

Pretty hard to miss the pool antics when your study over looks their patio... Rolling Eyes

Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic