SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lads busted in Spain.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Devil_Doc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

file this under "It's about time."

Spanish police have arrested 87 Nigerians suspected of defrauding at least 1,500 people in a postal and internet lottery scam.

The arrests were made in and around Madrid in an operation co-ordinated with the FBI.

Police said millions of euros were taken from the victims, most of them in the United States and European Union.

Those targeted were wrongly told they had won a lottery and asked to send a payment before prize money could sent.

Thousands of letters and e-mails, most in ungrammatical English, were sent out to prospective victims every day, police said.

The faked documents asked them to make an initial payment of 900 euros ($1,400, �720) in taxes or administrative costs.

The scam is estimated to have netted around 20 million euros, but the actual sum could be many times that, say police.

Anglican bishop

Police said the number of those defrauded could run into many thousands, as most of them probably failed to report the crime out of embarrassment.

Police estimate that only one in 1,000 recipients of the letters needed to fall for the fraud for it to make a profit. An Anglican bishop was among those duped, according to Spanish officials.

The operation to track down the gang began in May 2007 when a huge number of identical letters destined for addresses in the US was discovered at Madrid's Barajas airport.

Police confiscated hundreds of computers, mobile phones and 60,000 letters in a raid on more than 30 homes and businesses.

Law enforcement officers also seized a suitcase full of fake $100 notes which they say was used to convince some victims who came to Spain in person to collect their "prize money".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7353003.stm
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good - made my day hope they all get nice long jail terms
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

clapping

Glad to know someone's doing something.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
daisychain11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

cool its nice to see that some get caught Very Happy

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great news Twisted Evil

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's 'Bubba' time. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Donato LOL_sign

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Devil_Doc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish they would make the names of these lads public so that I could hire a plane to drop a metric tonne of leaflets over the capital with their names and crimes printed on them. Their village too if possible.
Spear N. Magichelmet
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seized their computers...hmm...I wonder how many 419 eaters emails are now being read by the police?

Devil_Doc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

enough to give them a good laugh I hope.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's excellent news. Twisted Evil

I just hope their families think to send them some "soap on a rope" or something.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah! Thumbs up Bravo to the Spanish LEOS!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Slootie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The scam is estimated to have netted around 20 million euros, but the actual sum could be many times that, say police.

Wow. Sad

Mr Frank i want you to know that you are not God and the way you do things i dont like it.because you have been fooling me around and causing me more pains. - Juliet

OKIJA SHRINE IS LOOKING FOR YOU. I HOPE OKIJA WILL GET YOU SOON. - Alex
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Devil_Doc wrote:
enough to give them a good laugh I hope.

The cops are going to need new monitors and keyboards after they read some of this stuff.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
bill mcdill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I wonder how many 419 eaters emails are now being read by the police

Oh no, and I sent that nice young man a collection of pictures of me in the nude...

United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana Ivory Coast Russia United States Canada Switzerland Ukraine Netherlands Saudi Arabia Benin United Nations Australia Austria Ireland Spain Germany Italy France Malaysia Portugal Brazil South Africa Sweden Thailand China Japan Bulgeria
pyramid x4 Mortar x5
Safari J03L Akum14h - Accra to Tamale and back again (co-bait with Kurat)
"So if i may ask,who bangs you?" J03L Akum14h
"I like a chicken. I shall tell about it somehow." S4tty
"In fact, our correspondent is almost arrested by the security agent for bringing in fake information" Barrister W0ngM@rtins
"hey what fuck are u don't reply bul sheet go to heal" Mr. Samuel (a jilted love lad)
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering why I haven't heard from some of my lads this week.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a lad in Spain! Part of Dr R@ys outfit... with my trunk box, in Madrid. I was hoping to get him to sfari to Barcelona, but if he ends up en el carcel, creo que no hay mejor!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck for long jail terms. Today two �45k wash-wash lads got away with probation here. Evil or Very Mad
Yudid.What
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all, I am a newbie that got scammed by a syndicate and it is so embarrassing that I could not even tell my wife... she would kill me!! I tried the police , but they laughed at me ass well. They told me that they cant catch these guys because they always hit a brick wall. By the way I am in South Africa and the criminals love it over here. More and more we see illegal people hopping over our borders and many are Nigerian.

This makes me feel so much better that some of these scammers gets caught, but then it also makes me kind of worried to see how many of them are involved. This means that if they do find your personal info they most probably have the contacts to physically harm you...

Thanks guys for doing a great job and I want to learn how to do baiting before I jump into this. Laughing
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry that you were stolen from, Yudid, but I would encourage you not to be embarrassed. The lads use this sense of shame to their own advantage.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Spear N. Magichelmet
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being scammed is nothing to be ashamed about. It means that you have a good heart. Some of the scammers are obvious, but many of them have been doing this for a long time, and know how to make themselves believable.

Although I can easily understand why you might not want to talk about it, I would encourage you to let other people know that the scams are out there, even if you don't mention your personal involvement. Anything you can do to educate other good, well-meaning people is a good thing.

It's nice to read news stories about people being arrested for this. If the police in all countries were as willing to do something about these crimes, I have to admit, I probably wouldn't be baiting.

Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Additional information from another news source:

Quote:
Police searched 39 addresses, seizing more than 60,000 letters ready to send. The fraud was profitable even if only one in 1,000 addressees fell for it.

Police launched the investigation in May 2007 on discovering the dispatch of large amounts of identical letters from Madrid. The swindlers found the addresses of their victims in data bases of easy access on the internet, police said.

Police sources described the scam as a new version of the 'Nigerian letters,' in which people pretending to be representatives of the Nigerian government or institutions asked for help in getting a large amount of money out of the country.

From the Ghana news media:

Quote:
The operation to track down the gang began in May 2007 when a huge number of identical letters destined for addresses in the US was discovered at Madrid 's Barajas airport.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From DailySpain.com - 17-04-2008

Quote:
Crackdown on fraud network,87 arrested

Spanish police have arrested 87 Nigerians suspected of defrauding at least 1,200 people of millions of euros, mostly in the United States and Europe, the interior ministry said Thursday.

The gang sent out thousands of emails and letters every day to potential victims, making them believe they had been selected among thousands of others to participate in a Spanish lottery.

It also told them that they had won a prize of thousands of euros, the ministry said in a statement.

Those people who responded received official-looking but faked documents asking them to pay administrative costs or taxes.

Around 1,200 people filed complaints over the scam. But there were others "who did not file complaints out of shame, and who could represent about 90 percent of the total," the statement said.

"So, we estimate that the total amount known to have been defrauded is 20 million euros (32 million dollars), but that could be only about 10 percent of the total."

It said officers searched around 30 homes and nine business premises in the operation, seizing some 200 computers, 100 mobile phones, more than 60,000 letters and many false documents.

Those arrested operated from Madrid and the surrounding areas. Police began investigating the network in May 2007.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
midnitedriver
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i hope the turds get more than is coming to them. fantastic news

"Actully my marriage is arranged by my parents,And my wife is my cousin.She is completely illetrate"
tigertale
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know if a foreign diplomat by the name of Chr1st0pher Da1avan was one of those arrested? I'm flying to Madrid in two weeks time to meet him... I hope he still has my money waiting!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic