SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

1st Time Scambaiter - Suggestions anyone??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
starting2getfunny!
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all!

So I just started messing with a internet scammer and had to share! Though it is still currently going on, it is just starting to get funny! I was wonderfully surprised to find this Scambaiting site where lots of folks are doing the same thing!! If anyone has any comments on what I've done so far and/or advice to offer me on this new "sport," please reply! I'd love to hear from those more experienced baiters!! Just getting started here.... Very Happy

So! Here's the initial email I received:

Contact The Compensation Head Office.

Dear Friend,

Due to your effort, sincerity in the way and manner you utilize the internet
without taking negative advantage of it in the areas of fraud and conspiracy to steal by the internet, the "JAMES GRANTS REWARD ORGANIZATION." has decided to compensate and encourage you with the sum of Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($500,000.00).

Please, accept this token in good faith and see it as an encouragement to
continue in the areas of loyalty and transparency.

Contact the Finance House for collection of your International Certified
Cashier's Cheque Draft of $500,000.00.

The name and contact of the agent in charge of releasing your draft to you is given below.

Agent: Mr. Ben Cook.

Phone: +234 802 970 0164.

EMAIL: [email protected]

Please accept this and see to it that you use this money in such a way that
will bring goodwill to your name and benefit humanity at large.

Finally, I strongly will like to advice you as a christian that when you
receive your prize, you should endeavour to pay your tithe to a bible
believing church and God will bless the remaining and guide on how to invest it.

Yours Faithfuly,
Eric Edison ( Secretary General)
JAMES GRANTS REWARD ORGANIZATION.

I love the suggestion to give my money to a bible believing church...! So, being new at this baiting, I'm starting off slowly. I'm taking the "dense but excited" approach. Here's what I wrote back:

Hello Mr. Ben Cook,

I was told to contact you in the email I received below. And so I am! It appears I'm to be rewarded for my proper internet usage - which is quite a shock, to say the least! I assume I will need to come and pick up the certified cheque, if you would kindly let me know where to go for this.

Look forward to hearing back!

Thanks!

Here's the response I received:

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:24:48 +0200
Subject: Confirmation Needed

Attn:

I am writting to inform you once again that your draft is ready to be dispatched to you.Be informed that due to logistics reasons, your check will be sent to you from West Africa but through our paying account with Citi Bank London. So, the check is raised from Citi Bank London. Check will clear immediately on deposit into your bank account as it is a cashier's check.

However, in order to avoid complications or make any mistakes, I will require you to reconfirm your details to me together with your phone number for easy communication.As soon as your information as required below is received, I will send you the check via Fedex Courier Firm.

You are to provide the following details below:-

Your Full Names:..

Your Address For Delivery of your Check:...

Your Direct Telephone:.....

The moment I receive the above information, I shall enquire with the courier firm on the cost of insuring/shipping your check to you. Please take note that you will take responsibility for paying the delivery cost of the delivery of your check parcel to you through either DHL or FEDEX courier and this is because there is no way the cost of shipment can be deductable from your draft swince it has been already issued to your name.I hope you understand me as I wait to hear from you.
I look forward to receiving your response.

Regards,
Mr Ben Cook.
+234 802 970 0164.

And here's my response - starting to have a little fun here:

Dear Mr. Cook,

I'm just a little confused here... Your email to me said that you were writing "once again" to inform me about my draft being ready... I did not receive anything from you previously, Mr. Cook. I only just emailed you - for the first time - the other day! I hope I haven't missed anything here or fouled up claiming my winnings... Because I'm very, very grateful for this prize and would really love to claim it as soon as possible! Is there any kind of event where you present these cheques? Just curious... Anyway... if I have missed any pertinant information relating to my winnings, please let me know and I'm sure we can rectify very quickly. Oh! And I have no problem with the COD of my cheque...

Thanks again and I look forward to accepting this wonderful, much-needed money!

Sincerely,

Sass

Here's the response I received back today (LOL!):

Sent: April 3, 2008 5:52:13 AM

Attn,

Please do not get everything mixed up i am your fudiciary agent and i was instructed by my boss to inform you that your check is availabe and ready to be dispatched.

However i have to comfirm your advice address were you want your check to be deliver,ok so please fill the ffurnish me with your details, and get back to me asap.

Regards,

Ben Cook.

He seems to be getting a little frustrated with me... Just wait till he reads what I wrote back!! Lol! I may have pushed a little far with this next response, but I couldn't resist! We'll see if he continues with me.... Here's my response:

Sent: April 3, 2008 2:05:08 PM
To: Ben Cook ([email protected])

Hello Mr. Cook,

There are just a few things that are unclear from your last email and I'm hoping you could help me to understand:

You said that you are my "fudiciary" agent - but "fudiciary" is not a word. What kind of agent are you??

I also do not know what an "advice address" is...? Could you kindly tell me?

The other thing I don't understand is, "please fill the ffurnish me with your details." I don't understand this at all - you want me to fill your furnishing with details??

I'm really sorry about the confusion here but these things just do not make sense to me... If you could please tell me what these phrases/words mean, I would appreciate it greatly! I am very, very anxious to receive that cheque and would like to move forward with this as soon as possible. So, again, if you could kindly help me understand these things you have written, we can get moving!

Thanks for your patience on this and I look forward to hearing back from you and clearing things up!

Sincerely,

Sass

And that's where I'm currently at. I know it's not as clever as a lot of the other scambaits I've read on here (BIG kudos to you players!!) but it's a start! And he does seem to be coming along with me. I have no intention of giving him absolutely ANY personal information but I'm gonna see how long I can string him along online. By playing this dense but excited girl, I also want to see how tangled up I can make him by going off on these tangents. I want to hear his head banging off the wall!! Again, if anyone has any comments or suggestions or anything for me, please pass them onto me! I'm just learning here and welcome any insights. Cheers to you all!! Let the games begin!!

Sass

NEW!!

Ok! So after reading the helpful comments from Ed after my last posting, I got a little freaked that I'd scared off my lad. So I wrote him back today - just in case:

Sent: April 4, 2008 5:21:10 PM
To: Ben Cook ([email protected])

Dear Mr. Ben Cook,

I haven't heard back from you yet and I'm growing a bit concerned... I'm sorry again for my confusion but I would still very much like to accept the cheque I have won. Please just tell me what I need to do to make this happen. I hope you are alright and have not been sick or in a car accident. I hope to hear back from you very soon.

Cuntily yours,

Sass

And yaaaaeee!! It worked! I heard back from him just awhile ago: (btw - he is now addressing me as "Real" because my account says my name is Real Gal... email account was created ages ago for other reasons...) Here's his response:

Sent: April 4, 2008 7:25:35 PM
To: Real Gal

Dear Real,

I am sorry that i did not get back to your e-mail any sooner i was busy and back to your question the e-mail you recieved from me was sent to you by my secretary and he was only trying to clarify you that i was you agent instructed by the organisation to see that you recieve your check,ok.

Secondly it was a typographical error he meanrt furnished,and in a not shell you sending your address where you want you check delivered to,ok.
So Mr Real Gal please send your details for confirmation to enable the courier firm carry out their duty,ok.

I await your urgent respones.

Regards,

Ben Cook.

And that's where I'm now at... I've contacted someone on this site asking for a mentor and am now waiting to hear back on this. I'm gonna wait to talk with my mentor about my ideas for proceeding with this as I don't want to scare this lad away again.

Cheers all!!

Last edited by starting2getfunny! on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sass,
It's looking good so far. However, I would like for you to read about what happens when you educate lads. You've told them they don't make sense, which means they will now fix their scripts for the next victim - making it more believable. here on eater, we like to introduce new words like. .. I think instead of ... agent... you meant Fecal Agent? Right? "One who gives money to another."

This way the lads will think you are teaching them proper english, and then they will start adding those words to their scripts. This then makes the next potential victim wonder why in the world they wrote him/her. So if you want to educate them, educate them the WRONG way. So if they change their emails for the next victim, it's worse than it was when you got yours!

Also, you can end your emails:

Up Yours,
Sass

Things like this are picked up by the scammers, and they will think it's the real way to speak.

Anyway - welcome to eater. Happy baiting. Read the stickies. Sign up for a mentor. Keep all 4 legs of your chair on the floor. Leaning back too much will make you drown when you start laughing at some of the stuff you read here.

Cheers,
ED

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
rosie652
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi,good luck with it,i thought it was really good,im only kinda new and still learning my way around,go try a mentor,they are great at advice and also if u pm any of the moderators they are extremly helpfull.keep uo the great work! Very Happy
starting2getfunny!
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks soooo much for the comments and tips - especially Ed! I'm brand new to this scambaiting and muchly appreciate the help!!

Cheers!!

Oh! Btw -- I watched your video epics about baiting Edward Smith... OMG!!!! I ALMOST felt sorry for the guy.... almost.... Wink
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work so far SAS. As Eliza said, be careful with educating the lads.

But why not hand them some details? Just make up a nice and fake like this:
8675309 Lockness Ave
Birdsdropping Hill, West Dakota 90210

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic