SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My poor deceased relative :( -- Woo hoo! I'm now rich!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sherlock
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use alot of disposable email addresses, and this scam came in on one that I used exlusively for a registry for stolen motorcycles after a bike of mine was stolen. I usually don't reply to any of these because they usually come in on my regular email, but since this one was disposable, I figures what the hell... I'll post emails from the scammer in RED and my replies in BLUE.

Williams chamber's Lagos Nigeria
Tell Number: 234-80 730 313 84.

Dear Sir,

This letter is not intended to cause any embarrassment in whatever
form, rather it is intended to contact your esteemed self, following the
knowledge of your high repute and trustworthiness. Firstly, I must
solicit your confidentiality. I know that a proposal of this magnitude will
make anyone apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that it is
made in good faith and will be of mutual benefit.

I am barrister John Ibe Esq., the personal attorney to Mr. Mark Pepin,
herein after referred to as my client, a national of your country, who
used to work with Shell Petroleum Development Company in Nigeria. My
client and his entire family were involved in a fatal motor accident,
which unfortunately claimed their lives, along the Sagamu express road,
sparing none of the occupants of the vehicle.

I have since then made several enquiries to your Embassy, in a bid to
locate any relation of my client, and these efforts of mine have not
been productive. I then decided to trace his last name over the Internet,
and came across your name that is why I have contacted you to assist me
in securing the money and property left behind by my client before
they are declared as unclaimed and unserviceable by the bank where they
have been lodged for safekeeping.

I am particularly interested in securing the funds lodged with the Bank
, totaling Ten Million, United States Dollar (USD10M). This is because
the said Bank has issued a notice to me, unequivocally instructing me
to produce the Next of Kin/Beneficiary to the said account within the
next ten official working days, or have the account confiscated.

Considering my lack of success in my bid to locate his relatives for
over two years, I solicit your consent to enable me produce you as! The
Next o f Kin to my deceased client, since you both bear the same last
name. The funds will then be transferred to you as the beneficiary and
shared according to a proposed sharing pattern /ratio of 60:40 i.e. 60%
for me and 40% for you.

I will provide all the necessary legally obtained documents to back up
any claim we make regarding this process, and will just require your
understanding and cooperation to enable us achieve success within a
legitimate arrangement, eliminating any liability resulting from any breach
of the prevalent laws.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated; you can as well
forward to me your Tell/Fax number immediately for more
discussion/information.
Contact me directly on 234-80 730 313 84.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Barr. John Ibe.

Hi,

Yes I am interested! I tried to research the incident you mentioned (my brother and I are trying to piece together a family tree) and I was unable to locate any information. Can you tell me his date of birth, the date of death and the names and birth dates of his family? I'd be interested in adding this info to the family tree. Anyway, I'd like to get the information on the money... How soon can I get it?

ATTN:Pepin,

THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL,I THINK ALL I NEED FROM YOU IS JUST MAXIMUM CO-PERATION BECAUSE I DONT NEED TO WASTE ANYTIME ON THIS MATTER BECAUSE THE BANK GAVE ME ONLY 14 WORKING DAYS TO PROVIDE THE REAL NEXT OF KIN SINCE YOU BEAR THE SAME SURENAME WITH MR,MARK Pepin.

I THINK THAT'S WHY I CONTACTED YOU FOR THIS MATTER BECAUSE I KNOW THAT YOU CAN HELP,THE BANK WILL BE CONTACTING YOU AS SOON AS I HAVE YOUR INFO WITH ME.

I WILL LIKE TO HAVE YOUR TELL/ FAX NUMBER SO THAT WE CAN PROCEED IN TIME.

ALSO HERE IS MY NUMBER:+234-80 730 313 84,SO CALL AS SOON AS YOU GET MY MAIL OK.

I WILL BE GIVING YOU MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT TO KNOW WHOM YOU ARE DEALING WITH, AND I WILL ALSO WANT TO HAVE A COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT AS WELL,

AND I WILL ALSO LIKE YOU TO CALL ME IMMEDIATELY YOU GET THIS MAIL FOR MORE ABOUT THIS MATTER OK.

THANKS,

BARR: JOHN IBE

He even included his passport image:

Hi Mr. Ibe,

Thank you for your quick reply. It's refreshing to deal with somebody like yourself who is responsive to the email system. I'm not very good with computers, so please bear with me as my typing skills and speed aren't that good.

I was able to download and view your passport after several attempts (I couldn't find the "ANY KEY" that Windows was telling me to press). You are a very good looking man. That is a very striking photo. You look very trustworthy.

I will have to locate my passport. How do I make a picture of it like you did so I can email it to you?

Thanks,

Sherlock.

MY DEAR SISTER,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR MAIL JUST BRING YOUR PASSPORT SCAN IT AND SEND IT OK .MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR INFOR I MEAN YOU PHONE NUMBERS AND FAX IF ANY.

THE BANK WILL CONTACT YOU AS SOOS AS I HAVE THEM OK
AWAITS YOUR URGENT RESPONSE

BARR JOHN IBE ESQ

I take offense to being called a sister. I am a man, not a woman. Also, please don't type in all capital letters because it seems harsh -- like you're yelling at me. I don't like to be yelled at. My father yelled at me when I was a young child. As I mentioned before, I am not that good with computers (this morning, I broke the cupholder that slides out of the front of the computer). How do I scan it? Can I put it in the floppy drive and scan it? Is there a program I can use and just hold it up to the monitor to scan it? Help me! I want the money but I'm just not sure what to do. My fax number is 928-447-4400. I must appologize, but I don't have a regular phone number as I lost my hearing when I was a child. I was at the airport getting ready to board a plane when one of the engines exploded and a sharp piece of metal hit my head. I haven't been able to hear since. If you have access to a TextPhone, I can "speak" with you, otherwise our communication will have to be by email only. A friend of mine, Mayor McCheese has no hearing either and has offered to let me use his TextPhone. I'm feeling quite tired right now. I was up all night planning on how to spend the money once I have it. Would you like to come visit me? We can go for a bicycle ride down by the beach and eat snow cones and cotton candy together. Can I call you Johnny? My grandpa's name is Johnny. Do you believe in Santa Claus? This was a bad year for us. Grandma got run over by a reindeer, walking home from our house Christmas eve. You can say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and grandpa, we believe. Okay, I'm going to go now. The voices in my head are starting to argue with each other and I've got to go settle their argument.

Your friend, Sherlock

Sorry the mistake just go and scan your passport after scaning send to my email ok.

the bank will contact as soon as possible and make sure you get to me on what ever the bank request from you ok.

regards

barr john ibe esq.

Thanks for not typing in caps. Much easier to read. My blood pressure was rising before because it was bringing back memories of my childhood. Did I mention that my father used to yell at me alot? That's what it reminded me of when you typed in all caps.

Anyway, I still don't know how to scan my passport. I tried holding it up to the screen and pressing the "print screen" button, but all I got was a printout of the screen. How do I make it print what is on the other side of the glass? I asked Mayor McCheese about scanning and he doesn't know either. His assistant H. R. Pufnstuf does all those types of things for him.

What time is it there? It's about 9:30 in the morning here. Can you send me a link to Google Earth that shows where you are? I'm very interested in foreign places and Nigeria seems so exotic.

Thanks,

Your pal Sherlock

Thank you for the mail, all you have to do now is after scaning your passport then send it to your inbox after that save to you desk top then attach it to your message you want to send to me then send ok.

Right now the bank will be contacting you any moment from now and i want you to keep this matter confidential.

untill we finally get this fund into account, once more i dont want a third party in this matter what ever the bank request from you make sure you update immediately i amgoing to forward you info to the bank now for them to contact as soon as possible so make sure you comply with them

Hi John,

I still can't figure out how to scan my passport. I'm curious exactly why you need my passport? I'm not planning to travel. Anyway, I'll be leaving town tonight and going to Las Vegas for the weekend. With all this money coming in, I figure I can now afford to gamble a little, so I'm going to take my house payment and my kid's college fund and try to turn it into something big at the poker tables and slot machines. Afterall, since you found me, my luck is changing, right? I might not have access to my email until after the weekend, so if I don't talk to you, have a wonderful weekend.

Your buddy Sherlock.

At this point, he stopped responding. I tried to send a message to him several days later and the email account had been closed... Sad

Anyway, that was my first attempt at baiting... It was kinda fun...
Benquick
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pity he stopped, I really liked your mails, very hilarious Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic