SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cropper's bathroom blog - update

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Due to the nature of my work, January is my mad month, when I actually work hard for a change, but in February and March, I have bog all to do really. as a consequence, rather than go and get a real job, I volunteer myself for a home improvement project, to (a) Keep her indoors happy as she grafts away while I do nowt and (b) To spend all the money I made in January.

Last year we all got embroiled in my kitchen nightmares as I threw it all away and started again, and it all went rather well in the end.

This year, I seem to have made rash promises about the bathroom which I am being held to.

Edmundo (now wearing his plumber/electrician's hats) is back on board, working for wine and bacon butties, and a plasterer is about to owe me money, and hopefully be made an offer he can't refuse...

Hayley has been taking notes when we visit hotels / people's houses. Plan is for a combined WC/vanity unit, possibly with sparkly granite top & windowsill (to make up for the fact we couldn't afford it in the kitchen), and bath with powershower (and pump in the attic). Other bits include an extractor fan/light, spotlights in the ceiling, and a chrome heated towel rail/radiator.

Has anyone got or used a whirlpool bath? (I bet Shiver has, as an international celebrity author) Are they worth the money?

Baths are mostly 1700mm, unfortunately I would have to fit one in a 1660mm space. Sad Is it practical to trim 2cm off each end of an acylic bath?

The room is only small, 5'6" by 7', and here it is in all its horror, before I flatpack it with a lump hammer and bolster chisel. Plan is to leave a bare empty room (apart from the loo base and a water pipe so we can still use it) for the plasterer, then start again.

You can see why I cant wait to get stuck into those ghastly tiles, and get them into a rubble sack.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BLECH I geuss its time for a update on the bathroom. that is some kind of blue,
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You made me feel a lot better about my crappy bathroom Roy Wink

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"my crappy bathroom" -- so to speak

And yes, that needs to go....soon.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
The room is only small, 5'6" by 7'

Damn, that is small, wouldn't you better of having it just as a wet room with completely tiled floor/walls? That would also give you more space for other things like granite tops without a bath in it, something like this small one:

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck Roy. I did the same to my downstairs bathroom about 2-3 year ago (98% on my own). Best tips I can offer is to plan for the amount of time it will take and then add a week! Laughing

I did mine for under $1000 including tools (had to buy a saws-all to cut the tub to no avail) and a few hundred for the plumber to solder a new control valve for the tub and install the tub drain kit (I tried and failed twice). If you have trouble getting the tub out the normal/obvious way, you can do what I did and cut a hole in the wall in the adjacent room (closet in my case) and pull it out through that hole.

For some reason I can't seem to find all of my inprocess pics of it, only a gutted and completed one. Confused

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

Location: demoralise the lads, over and over, they will give up just crush the hope they have of getting cash!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Scam Patroller,

That is awesome, you could shit and shower at the same time!

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
"you are a cosomplitant asshole" S.Ghartey 2006 - why thank you i think.
' i sent jamaicans to kill you' Mills Kwame - you must have given them the wrong address, no one came round, i baked cookies and everything.
YOU ARE A CUR, A TRAMP, A HOBO A MISRABLE ONE FOR THAT MATTER.
WANDERING PIG.
SLAG LIKE YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF GOD GO TO HEIL I WILL NOT PRAY FOR YOU THAT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IS THAT WITH YOU.
Cheeking
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone got a tip on how to get rid of the black mould that forms on the silicone seal without re-doing the lot?

Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Err, clean it regularly? Laughing

pony
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you would be better off re doing the lot IMHO.

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Has anyone got or used a whirlpool bath? (I bet Shiver has, as an international celebrity author) Are they worth the money?

I have one, and to be honest, I have probably used the damn thing about 10 times in the past 5 years. The bride takes a soak in it every so often, but rarely turns the pump on. If I were to do it again I would have just installed a normal tub and pocketed the difference. Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheeking wrote:
Anyone got a tip on how to get rid of the black mould that forms on the silicone seal without re-doing the lot?

Try bleach?

But it sounds like you also need to vent the room better to keep it from coming back.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

Location: demoralise the lads, over and over, they will give up just crush the hope they have of getting cash!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ask barry scott about new Cillit bang......

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
' i sent jamaicans to kill you' Mills Kwame - you must have given them the wrong address, no one came round, i baked cookies and everything.
WANDERING PIG.
SLAG LIKE YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF GOD GO TO HEIL I WILL NOT PRAY FOR YOU THAT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IS THAT WITH YOU.
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a whirlpool and have used it two times. It takes a LOT of water to take a decent bath. Waste of money, imo.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mould on Silicone sealant? yup .bleach is the stuff, also, check your DIY store for sealant that it mould resistant, did you use the right stuff? make sure it has a smooth finish, clean regularly and sort out a vent to extract the humid air.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For non-Brits, Barry Scott does the ads for Cillit Bang, and is way too shouty, like your lad typing in capitals.

The extractor fan I have my eye on removes 31L a second, so mould shouldn't be an issue any more. I can ignore it for now, like the broken bog roll holder, when she complains I just say 'its OK, I'll get a new bathroom'.

From what you say, it looks like the whirlpool thingy is a waste of cash, the fact that the space is too short for a 1700mm bath is a hassle, I've been told not to start trimming one to fit (if anything, chase out grooves in the wall or remove a line of bricks and plaster back), on the other hand 1500mm is way to short for the space. Guess I'll have to look out for the right size bath. Mine comes from an age when metric baths were far too exotic for the UK.

The good news is that the cast iron bath is worth a few quid down the scrapyard. Smile I've been told to gently coax it into quarters with a lump hammer.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roy

I'd be very careful trying to saw the extra off the bath. There was a very similar question in last Saturdays Guardian colour supp and it wasn't recommended. However Edmundo seems to be pretty handy IIRC so he might be the man to do it.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To get ride of mold and mildew stains what i use is a soft toothbrush and baking soda just wet the toothbrush dip it in the baking soda and oxidising action cleans it right up plus the baking soda helps get rid is odors
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, get measuring yer baths! I took the panel off and measured wall to wall, 168cm. It was obviously an issue when the original was fitted, the plaster thins away to nothing at each end, outside brick wall at one end, plasterboard at the other.

Baths do have a lip around, so that's what I'd be trimming, then I could tile down to the ragged edge. As you say, MM, Edmundo is handy with a jigsaw, i watched him cut my worktops freehand. The other issue would be if I had to cut a couple of cm off the side panel, that would be Harder to make neat. (EDIT - actually, it would be hard against the vanity unit, so i would be OK) He wont let me f*ck it up though, he has industrial strength OCD.

I guess I'll be down the plumber's yard with a tape measure - how long actually is a 1700mm bath? Do the vary by a little from one make to another? Do I hack a groove in the brick wall if it's only a matter of 2cm, slot it in and swing the bath down from above?

Google finds me freestanding baths at 1680mm, but I want a Pshaped one, a freestanding one would have unsightly gaps in the corners.

this is the one I want: LINK

Easier said than done I guess. all will be discussed over a pint or five of Budvar with Edmundo on Friday night.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your Barry Scott sounds a lot like our Billy Mays. Confused

EDIT - (hit wrong button) I can't stress that you need to plan it out 100% before you start, because once you start you can't really start (at least if you only have one bathtub/shower stall in the house).

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG that blue!!!!!

As for the mold - - you have to clean that thing regularly or you get that! Then when you use bleach sometimes you get stains from the mold that bleach doesn't remove - - How do I know? I went to stay with a friend and was so disgusted with the tub that I had to bleach it - and it all didn't go away - LOL It was left stained. I do NOT have the black mold on mine - don't ever get it.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For mold - Scrubbing bubbles.

Seriously, it takes it all away with zero effort, just a little waiting.

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
Cheeking
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank's one and all, the bleach did the trick!

eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whirlpool bath - I've tried them - waste of money; you'll never use it more than once or twice.

You can't really cut down a bath but you can buy 1600mm baths. However, are you measuring the room with the tiles on the wall ? You may be able to fit a 1700mm bath in there by knocking a rebate into the wall either end (also makes for a nicer fit if you do). If you have thick plaster then you might not even need to chop into the brickwork.

I fitted a new bathroom last year, just finished in time for christmas.
Being me though, rather that replace the existing, I decided to convert a bedroom into a new bathroom so I had to fit pipes, waste etc as new.

Admittedly I had a slightly bigger space to work with than you have (about 10x7, but it's worth doing planning/research before you get stuck in)

Came out ok though :

get your baiting forms here
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVHUAco_k-g this is barry scotts ad made into a hardcore dance mix.

and yes, before you ask, if he was seen in the streets, he would be killed on sight!

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
WANDERING PIG.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic