SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Death Note Episode 419: Kira vs. L. vs. Scammer (Ongoing)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

((Alright, this is my first scambait, so any feedback you can give would be awesome. ^^

For reference, since most of you probably aren't familiar with the utterly -wonderful- anime known as Death Note, that I highly suggest all of you to watch, here's the wikipedia article on the characters, so this will make more sense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Death_Note_characters ))

Characters (In order of appearance):
Yagami Raito (Self): Black
British Woman (Scammer): Red
Banker (Scammer): Blue
Misa Amane (Self): Violet
L (Self): Green
Interpol Headquarters (Self): Orange
Out-Of-Character remarks (Self): Bold, with paranthesis

((The names have been removed, at least on the scammer's end so they can't track too easily that I've posted this online - since it's ongoing and all.))

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 02:52:53 -0700
Subject: Hi.My Dear Beloved,

A British Woman, ACCOUNTANTOFFICE:125 LONDON WELL,EC2Y,LONDON UNITED KINGDOM. My Dear Beloved, I am A British Woman,The account officer to Late Nicolas Richardson, a national of your country, who used to work with shell Development Oil Company Here in London.after shall be referred to as my client.On the 21st of April 2003, my client, his wife and their three Children were involved in a car accident along Hilton Tower express Bridge London, UK, All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to your to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his ast name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the BANK here these huge deposits were lodged. Particularly, with the BANK where the deceased had an account valued at about USD10.5million were lodged, as they have issued me a notice to provide the Next of kin decided to contact you before the money will be confiscated. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 3 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at $10.5million dollars, can be paid to you and then you and me can share the money. 60% to me and 40% for you. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Note that it does not necessarily matter, whether you are biologically related to the deceased or not. As you can bear with me, a next of kin to one, may be a Parent, Sister, Brother, Close Relative, Associate, Friend or even a Well-wisher. So, whether you are related to him or not is never a barrier to your kinship in the transaction. Best regards A British Woman,

((Only the name was editted out, and replaced with 'A British Woman' for the above stated reason of this being ongoing.

Hmm, scamming is a criminal offense, and Kira doesn't like criminals. Let's bring him in, shall we?))

Yagami Raito
Sent: Wed 11/28/07 3:47 AM
To: A British Woman

Good Day to you as well.

I am terribly sorry to hear about this terrible misfortune which has befallen your family. It must be truly devestating and tragic. I pray to the gods in the many realms of heaven that justice shall be done here. I would be fully willing to assist you in this matter.

Forgive the long time it took in replying, my internet was down for some time due to a server failure in Tokyo.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Yagami Raito, a detective based in Japan, working for the government to track down murderers. I feel deepest sympathy to all victims, and so I will gladly assist you in your situation.

Sincerely,

Yagami Raito

((The reason it took so 'long' to reply is that this email from the scammer was actually forwarded to me by a friend; I was somewhat doubtful if it'd even work.))

Sent: Wed 12/05/07 6:04 AM
To: Yagami Raito

My dearest.Yagami Raito,

I just want to say hi and also to enquire if you are in receipt of my last mail to you which I requested you to forward to me the necessary information as stated in my mail to enable me go for the approval to the ministries concerned.

Please remember what I indicated to you in my last mail that quick response is the keyboard to this transaction that you should maintain and keep it up for our own good.

Await for the information requested

Regards
A British Woman

((In all honestly I never received this 'prior email', so I responded thusly))

Sent: Wed 12/05/07 10:08 PM

Dear British Woman

I am terrible sorry, however, it seems my email must have been malfunctioning again. Though I searched my email inbox, I do not believe I received this message. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you could send such again as quickly as possible, I shall have the needed information back to you as soon as possible.

Terribly sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused you,

Sincerely
Yagami Raito.

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 03:44:58 -0800
Subject: I here by attached my picture for your perusal till we meet face to face,I need your quick response no much time on our side,

My dearest.Yagami Raito,

I thank you very much for your response which is the keyboard to this transaction for accepting my business proposal to you, this means that every movement put in place goes as scheduled.

Note, the most important thing is to maintain the secrecy and urgency that this transaction deserved and I will like us to be our brothers keeper in this transaction as I am here to protect our interest while you are over there to protect our interest as well of which all we need is to be candid and sincere to one another and I am sure that my own share will not be sat on top when transferred to you.

Anyway all I require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect both of us from any breach of the law.

Furthermore, all we need to do is to file application for claim to the bank where this $10.5M was deposited by my late client for onward release of the fund to you as the next of kin and the said application for claim will be constructed by me who is representing you here as the account officer to Late Nicolas Richardson, and all we need for the application for claim are as follows:

1.YOUR FULL NAME as the beneficiary�s name as you know that application for claim can not be forwarded without the beneficiary�s full name.

2.YOUR RESIDENCE ADDRESS, this your residence address is very vital in regard to the application for claim

3.YOUR AGE, SEX, AND OCCUPATION, and you phon nunber preferrably your mobile number to enable me call you for more discussion. as these information will authenticate the claim for quicker approval and bear in mind that there is no much time on our side, of which you need to supply me the needed information as soon as you get this mail due to the limited time on our side.

I would have replied your mail immediately but I was extremely busy, putting things in order, for our own good hence I am contacting you now and I want you to put it at the back of your mind that quick response is the only way to over come this limited and while filling this application for claim I will not forget to backdate the application to enable us meet up with the limited time.

Please hurry up for our own good as I am waiting to receive the aforementioned information to enable me migrate to the bank where the deposit was made for the submission of the claim on your behalf

Thanks and my greetings to your family,

Regards

A British Woman.

((She attached her picture here; it's quite horrid-looking, but if you so desire, once I get this thread up, I'll upload it and put it here))

Sent: Thu 12/06/07 2:21 PM

Dear British Woman,

I thank you very much for your expedient response to my inquiry. I too hope that all goes quick and effectively. Regarding now the required information, I shall provide accordingly, and explain according to the few possible cultural differences so as to not form an unnecessary issue later.

1. Yagami Raito is my full name. In modern Japanese culture, it is quite common not to give children a 'middle name' as in Western culture. Further, unlike in western culture, the surname (family name) comes first; thus, my family name is Yagami, and the name given to me at birth, which friends address me by is 'Raito'. For your records, it may be important to note this.

2. For my residence address, I work and reside, at least for the present in a skyscraper owned by the Japanese government known as 'Tocho' (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html). My address thus is:
Tokyo Tocho (West), Residential Floor 43F Room 28
2-8-1 Nishi Shinjuku
Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture
160-0023

((This was something of a stupidity test. While the address to the Tocho itself was valid, anyone who would spend even three minutes researching this matter on google would find that, while it has a north and south tower, there is no west tower. And further, there are no residential floors within, it's entirely an office building/tourist attraction.))

3. Age 22, Sex Male, Occupation Detective. As for my phone number, while I do possess a mobile phone, I fear I am not fluent in English in real life, I speak only Japanese. For the purpose of our emails, I use an online translator service used by many businesses in the area. I do, however, have a text-phone which automatically translates back and forth messages between English and Japanese if this would make things more expedient for you.

((Obviously this too was false, but I didn't want to use a telephone, and it seemed to work))

With best regards,
Yagami Raito.

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 04:28:11 -0800
Subject: Thank You Very Nuch I Have forwarded Your Information To The Pay Bank.With The Inheritance Documents As I Promise.

My Dearest. Yagami Raito

Thank you very much for the forwarded information, l wish to inform you that i have applied for claim of the fund through the paying bank and they promise to get in contact with you by Monday as soon as they are through with the verification of our claim.

I have putting things in order, i have done my home work very well and I believe by this time next week, we will be the happiest business partner in the world, provided you maintain the confidentiality of this transaction and abide by my instructions.

Today I have forwarded the inheritance documents and your information to the pay Bank, for their perusal, so the bank well contact you by Monday do not be afraid I have every documents to back this claim and all the documents are legal.

Do not discuss this with any body until you get this inheritance money transferred into your nominated bank account in JAPAN, please do not betray this trust I have in you because I have suffered allot and spent allot of money to actualize this transaction and I will not be happy for some else to intercept this money.

Honestly, I am really impressed on your assistance to actualize this transaction, God will always bless you. And I will compensate you as soon as this fund get into your account, although I don't intend to say much until you receive this money into your account, Please my dear Yagami Raito, always ask questions in any area you are confuse to avoid altering our inheritance fund.

Upon the successful transfer of this money into you nominated bank account i shall visit Japan for sharing and investment prospect in Japan because i intend to invest my own shear in Japan.

As soon as you are being contacted by the bank do not fail to reach me for my advise.

Thanks and God bless,

A British Woman.

((Hah! The idiot bought everything! Stupidity test one failed.))

Sent: Fri 12/07/07 4:58 PM
To: British Woman

Dear British Woman

I thank you very much for your quick assistance in this matter; I look very much forward to completing this transaction. When you wish to visit Japan, please contact me in advance so I can meet you at the airport and perhaps if there is time give you a tour around town. Tokyo really is a lovely place, and it would be a pity to miss out on the many wonders the city has to offer.

I thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to completing this transaction with your assistance.

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito.

((Just some random BS to assuade her suspicions. I waited though until sunday my time, which would be monday in Japan, and still no response from either the scammer or a 'bank', thus I sent another message.))

Sent: Sun 12/09/07 10:59 PM

Dear British Woman,

I am terribly sorry, however, it is Monday here, and it seems that no one from the bank has contacted me. Has there been a problem with the transaction that you are aware of?

Please respond soon; I wish to know that all is still well regarding the transaction.

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito

((And finally, a 'banker' from a very reputable establishment responds at last to save the day. xD))

Subject: Your Account Information (ADB)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:36:21 +0000

ATTENTION: Yagami Raito.
This is to confirm to you that an account in our bank has been credited
in your name with Total Sum of us$10.5Million.The funds is currently in a suspense account awaiting your confirmation for activation as we received the funds as confirmable bank draft.
This is a letter of confirmation that this said email address is your
personal and private email address, in order for us to feed you with
your account password and login name to access your account online.
Upon your confirmation that this is the correct email address, you need

to forward to us a valid drivers license or your international passport
for personal identification in order for us to be sure this funds belongs
to you,in the absence of these, send us any identification number, then
we would forward all the account information to you directly via email to
enable you access your account and also make your withdrawals directly
yourself.
This security measures are taken in order not to send the informations to
a wrong person. Because we would be liable to any loss of funds.
You can make all your withdrawals/transfers directly online to any
designated bank in the world of your choice, which will be credited to
that account, six hours after transfer. Thank you for choosing our
online banking.
The only safe online banking. Awaiting your response.Please reconfirm
your full name and address and also your personal Telephone number.
N.B:Please disregard mail if you are not the intended person.Any false
claims would highly be persecuted by international law.
Sincerely,
Lawrence Adams.
(Account Department)
African Development Bank N.A. London Branch
16 Eastcheap London EC3M 1NL
United Kingdom Tel: +44 704 572 1555 Fax: 447005978284

((Well, time to begin the 'transaction', no?))

Sent: Mon 12/10/07 1:31 PM
To: Banker

Dear Lawrence Adams.

Good day to you sir; I thank you for your expedience in processing this transaction. I have attached a scanned picture of my passport; I apologize for the low resolution, but I would believe it still to be verifiable.

As for the requested information:

Name: Yagami Raito
Address: Tokyo Tocho (West), Residential Floor 43F Room 28
2-8-1 Nishi Shinjuku
Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture
160-0023
Japan

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito.

((Here is a picture of the nice, low-resolution 'passport' I made for them. I just googled Japanese passport, put in the picture of the actor who played Yagami in the Death Note movie, and copied and pasted some text around for it to be his name. Then I saved it to low resolution to help further blur any editting lines))

((And at long last, the British Woman responds. xD))

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:24:11 -0800
Subject: No Problem My Dear.

My Dearest. Yagami Raito,

Thanks for your mail and questions.

However, I am sorry for my inability to get back to you urgently. It is because I was out of the city for official assignment.
((Yes, like posing as a Banker yesterday.))

However, the Bank promised to reach you by today, Please, do comply with them in everything your ask to do so that they will not be any suspicious on your side, for everything has be taking crae of by me ok.

So we can receive our $10. 5Million before Friday, as soon as you are being contacted by the bank do not fail to reach me for my advise.

Please, Yagami Raito, Once again, do not betray the trust i have on you,

Confirm the receipt of this message.

Your's Lovely

British Woman

Sent: Mon 12/10/07 1:32 PM

Dear British Woman.

Thank you for your response. The bank has responded now, a few hours prior to your email, and I have sent them the requested information. I hope all continues to run smoothely with this transaction.

Sincerely, Yagami Raito.

((More smalltalk, since no money's been requested yet...))

Sent: Mon 12/10/07 11:06 PM

ATTENTION: Yagami Raito.

This is to inform you that we have setup this account on your name and you have to follow the activation process to activate this account and have your money transferred to your designated choice bank. the funds is currently in a suspense account awaiting activation. Below are the information to access your account.

Beneficiary Name: Yagami Raito.
Beneficiary Address:Residential Floor 43F Room 28 2-8-1 Nishi Shinjuku Tokyo, Tokyo Japan.
Bank Name: African Development Bank.
Bank Address: African Development N.A. London Branch
16 Eastcheap London EC3M 1NL.
SWIFT CODE: BPK694UK
Type of Account: None Resident Domiciliary Account
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 20488880000048
PIN: 9501

Go to our home page http://adbafrionlineaccount.somee.com/online/online/ and click on online bank, then you click on for registered users login to your account. Then type in your Account Number and pin, then you will have full access to your account and kindly fill in your destination banking details in the transfer slip, you can then transfer your funds to any designated account of your choice in any part of the world, by clicking on transfer. After six hours of transfer, your funds would be credited and confirmed to that account..

You would be required to pay a total fee of 335,600.55 JPY as activation fee to activate your account, before your transfer would be completed. And this fee cannot be deducted from your total amount because your funds is currently in a suspense account and we do not have the right to access a clients account. Kindly, get to us to make arrangement on how we would receive your account activation fee.In order to facilitate the activation of your account, we advise you proceed and make the activation payment of 335,600.55 JPY through Western Union Money transfer, with the name of one of our accountant, as stated below.And send us the details for pickup. Note:: That this amount would also be credited to your account, it is only needed to activate your electronic banking system.

NAME: ELIZABETH TAIT
ADDRESS: 18 MACMILLAN STREET LARKHALL LANARKSHIRE
SCOTLAND ML9 1AZ.
Amount: 335,600.55 JPY
MTCN:....................................

I would also like to inform you that you have till 18/12/2007 (18 December 2007)to activate your account in order to avoid deactivation of account, as we strongly abide to our banking policy.Article3:2-section 1 QUOTES:(In the event of a clients delay in the activation of his/her account. It is then regarded that the client is trying to forge documents in claiming the funds in the account which does not belong to him/her by using delay tactics...)Thank you for choosing our online banking. The only online safe banking. You can call any of our numbers below for further inquiry. If you have any question Please kindly call us on the telephone number below.Tel: +44 70457 21555

Sincerely,
Teddy Mathins.
(Account Controller Department)
African Development Bank N.A. London Branch
16 Eastcheap London EC3M 1NL
United Kingdom Tel: +44 70457 21555
Fax: 447005978284

((Aww, poor Yagami just got asked for money! Who's he going to call? Misa-Misa-chan of course! But, just in case this isn't right, he checks with the British Woman first))

Sent: Mon 12/10/07 11:39 PM

Dear British Woman

The bank has contacted me once more; however, I was under the impression all financial matters regarding this transaction had been completed. The bank, however, is asking for much money - is this supposed to be happening? Please respond immediately. They say they want the money quickly, and I want to make sure that this is what I should be doing.

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito.

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:23:50 -0800
Subject: MY DEAR,I AM HAPPY NOW WE HAVE MADE IT. CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE.

I am happy to here that the Pay bank have contacted you, Please, kindly adhere to the instructions given to you by the bank, because i really want this money to be in your possession by Friday.

Please, kindly send the fees to the Bank immediate without any delay, Please Once Yagami Raito, do not betray the trust I have on you.

Thanks and God bless,

British Woman.

((What a surprise, she said to go with it. Ok, time to call in Misa-Chan, the rich model she is and all. xD))

Sent: Tue 12/11/07 2:28 PM

Dear British Woman,

I have a very slight problem here, though I am confident it can be overcome soon. Due to the nature of my contract being government-sponsored, and the current case I am assigned to being of such high stakes that I am forced into a near equivalent of the American or British Witness Protection Program - unable to leave the building I am currently in in person.

My current overseeing detective, a strange and somewhat strict man, who addresses himself only as "L" I fear has reason to mistrust as it is, thinking incorrectly me to be involved in a string of murders I myself had nothing to do with. Thus, there are two possible routes we could go down. Either you could assist me in proving my innocence to L, and I'd then be more free to move along such funds without any suspicion coming towards either of us.

The second alternative, and possibly the easier of two is that of my fiance. Her name is Misa Amane - she is very popular model for clothing here in Japan, and I believe several anime characters are drawn after her. She has no such suspicion directly against herself as I do, and thus could more easily transfer the money - and further, she is a millionaire even in terms of British Pounds many times over I am certain from her many lucrative contacts.

I realize that you said not to discuss this matter with anyone outside, so as of yet, I have not; however, I think, for the present at least, she could easily and quickly pay the bank fees, whereas it may be a more complicated task in my particular case. Yet, since this transaction is ultimately yours, I would like you to have the freedom to choose between the two proposed alternatives.

Please respond quickly so I know what course of action to take. Time is of the essence in either alternative.

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito

((Of course, I was sure to emphasize Misa's millionaire status. xD))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 10:21 AM

Thanks for your mail,You can ask {Misa Amane} to send the fees to Bank but do not disclose the transaction to her just tell her you are sending this money to your relation in London,

Please, kindly tell her to send the fees to the Bank today immediately.

Thanks and God bless,

British Woman.

((What a surprise, alright, time to bring Misa in.))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 2:14 PM
To: Misa

Dear Misa,

I hope all is going well with your latest show, and your new manager is not giving you too much grief? I too am looking very much forward to making our engagement public on television on the cusp of the new year. However, I fear I have new tidings to bring to you, ones, which, for the moment at least are somewhat troubling. As you should well know, as my ardent supporter, I have not yet been able to eliminate that bastard L, as I do not have his name to kill him in my notebook.

I fear he suspects me far too well, and for such reasons, I cannot make the financial transfer I am requesting of you. You see, one of my family in-laws, residing in the UK has fallen upon very hard times, and requires a certain transfer of money for needed funds for life. I myself would be more than willing to send such, but I fear that it'd be tracked by L, and would put both of us in danger. I fear, until L is dead, none of my money will ever see outside of the bank.

You, however, are somewhat free in this regard, and I call upon you once more, as my longstanding, loyal supporter to assist my relative in this time of urgent need. Time is very much of the essence. If you do not already have so, it would be best to make a Western Union account, as my relative does not live in Japan. The information is as follow:

NAME: ELIZABETH TAIT
ADDRESS: 18 MACMILLAN STREET LARKHALL LANARKSHIRE
SCOTLAND ML9 1AZ.
Amount: 335,600.55 JPY
MTCN:....................................

I count on you, dearest, to send the money and help me assist my relative in her time of dire need; just as you have unceasingly assisted in saving me from L's tyranny.

Fear not, Misa, L shall die soon; Kira shall reign supreme, and you shall be my queen in the new order.

Yours loving,
Yagami Raito.

((I was sure to put in a lot more references to the anime, as a further stupidity test. It'd seriously take like 3 seconds on google to see where this was all coming from.

Well, now for Misa's 'response', which I was certain to forward to the scammer, in a really ugly pink font, bold, and max font size. xD))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 2:33 PM

Ooooooooooooooh! Raito-Kun! -huggles-

I'm soooooooo glad to hear from you again! I thought you'd been lost, or killed, or L had got you or something. I haven't heard from you in two days! I'm so glad you're safe! I prayed to the gods that you would be! I love you more than anything, Raito-Kun!

My show has been going well! It's really a fun job! I get to dress up in cool clothes and parade around looking pretty, and get paid to do it! I'd say you should try it to, but you have your detective job, tehe! And I'm sorry you couldn't get rid of L yet. He seemed like a nice guy, but trying to arrest you isn't nice. I cried so hard when I got locked up that one time because of him, -sniff-

But at least you were smart and got us both out, tehe! So, uhh, I don't really know how to use this Western Union thingy, sorry. What's their website? Also, why is your relatives name all in capitals? Isn't only the first letter supposed to be capitalised in a name in English? I'm confused...

Oh, I had a really cool-tasting wine today; Sapporo Tishi I think it was. I dunno though. It tasted great. I think you should try it too. That, and my manager gave me this really cool fluffy bunny plushy thing. Its so soft and wuvly. I'll show it to you the next time that creep L lets you out.

But, uhh, you said this relative needed money? Well, I have LOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS of money, hehe! Any relative of yours will be my inlaw soon, uhh, right? So, I heard some people have bad relationships with their inlaws. I don't want that. Though, if they annoyed me too much, you'd just write their name in your Death Note, right, Yagami? Oh, I'm only kidding, tehe! But, uhh, yes, I will help her. Once I can figure out how this Western Union thing works.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! and since she lives in the UK. Uhh, my manager was talking to me earlier, and he said that he wanted to get more models for our company working in the UK. The salary he said is a flat one of like uhh, 3,000,000 yen for the first year, with a signing bonus of 1,000,000 yen just for being accepted, and the rates can go up. Maybe your relative could get a job working with us, then I could meet her too - before even the wedding maybe, tehe.

So yes, tell her that I will try to help once I figure out how Western Union works, and ask if she wants to try for the job, okies?

I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, Raito-Kun

Your future wife,
Misa!

((I was thinking of baiting the scammer with this modelling agency thing here, having her send in pictures of herself looking idiotic for the 'agency'; but as you can see, she didn't take the bait. Oh well, 'she's' probably a guy anyway))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 5:21 PM

Thanks for your much concern on our transaction,Please Do whatever the Bank advises you to do to avoid delay.

Iam waiting for your kind response.

Thanks and God bless,

British Woman

((Rather shorter than I'd have expected, considering the offer of fast money, but oh well. Just to be certain the 'bank' was 'in' on this new deal as well..))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 10:33 PM
To: Banker

Attention: Teddy Mathins.

I am terribly sorry to not be using a telephone, however, I do not speak English in real life - and on my email I have a program that translates Japanese to English and English to Japanese, used by many businesses here in Japan. Due to some extenuating circumstances, I myself will not be able to pay the fees here related, however, my fiance has offered to cover them for me. Is there some form of arrangement we can make to accomplish this new form of transaction. It is true that my fiance and I are not married yet, however, we are in the process of preparing for such.

I hope you will respond soon, and I am sorry again for not using the phone system.

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito.

((And one more attempt to go with the whole modelling agency thing))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 10:36 PM

Dear British Woman

Misa has agreed to assist us in this matter, on the singular condition that I forward to you an employment proposal her manager is making. You are under no obligation to follow through on accepting the offer from her manager of course, it is merely my way of being polite and returning the favor to her, since she is helping us both so much with both her time and money. Is this acceptable?

Sincerely,

Yagami Raito.

((And for the scammer's rather feeble response))

Sent: Wed 12/12/07 11:58 PM

As soon as she send the fees to the bank do not fail to reach me.
Everything is ok here, i am Waiting to hear from you urgently.

I Love you,
(( 0_o Sorry, I'm already taken by a rather-jealous Misa))
British Woman.

((Well, time to send Misa off to make the 'payments' then. Of course, one can't expect her to get it right on the first time. xD))

To: Misa Amane
Subject: Alright, Misa, listen.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:26:23 -0600

Hey Misa, it's about my relative again. You see, it seems that my relative needs the money as soon as possible. I'd suggest you make your way down to the Western Union, and send the money requested today if your schedule allows for it. My relative is in desparate need of this money, dear Misa. I'm counting on you once more as always. You've always proven yourself dearest.

I love you,

Yagami Raito.

((And once again, in 'Misa' style, all bolded and maximum size, and irritating as hell... xD))

To: Yagami
Subject: RE: Alright, Misa, listen.
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:26:06 +0900

Ok Raito-kun. I did like you said! Squee! I went to the Western Union guy, and he was like shocked to see me, and asked for my autograph, lol. Uhh, I filled out the form for the person I think. They were at the African Development Bank for their company, right? I think that's what you said. Uhh, I hope your relative gets out of whatever trouble they are in soon. I really want to help them. Because, like, it's not nice to not help someone when you can, you know. Plus, they're going to be my in-law soon, tehe!

Uhh, Raito-kun, my manager really wants to offer this relative of yours possible employment, especially since she sounds so poor and all. aww, -pout- He uhh said that if she would let him contact her he'd give her an opportunity to try out to be a model. We're looking to expand to the United Kingdom and all with our clothing. And being a model is sooooooooo fun; you get to dress up in pretty clothes, and look pretty, and get rich.

Uhh, he said the signing bonus would be 2 million yen, just when she's accepted, then a flat rate of 3 million yen anually, plus lots of contracts and stuff. She'll get very rich very fast; and then we can all live happily together! Tehe! So, uhh, yes, uhh, can you please tell her about this, and see if she will accept?

Love,

Misa-Misa!

((Heh, I upped the value of the bait. xD. Stupid scammer still didn't go for it though...

And a simple message along with the forward this time:))

Sent: Thu 12/13/07 3:39 PM

Dear British Woman

No worries, Misa has assured me that she has filled out the proper forms to pay the fees. ((Hah! Misa????))

Sincerely,
Yagami Raito.

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:11:39 -0800
Subject: My Dear,What is going on,

What is going on?Have you send the money to the Bank?please get back to me,iam too Worried.

Iam waiting for your Urgent response.

British Woman.

((Hmm, apparantly Misa didn't do her job right... But why shouldn't Yagami have faith in her?))

Sent: Thu 12/13/07 4:09 PM

Dear British Woman

There is no need to concern, Misa has assured me she made the transfer.

When are you planning to come to Japan? We need to arrange a password of sorts so my proxy can recognize you at the airport. I cannot come in person immediately of course, due to being detained here.

Respond quickly,

Yagami Raito

((Well, finally the bank itself responds with quite ... convenient timing... xD))

Sent: Thu 12/13/07 1:08 PM

Attention:Yagami Raito.

Thanks for your mail. We would be waiting for the payment slip of the western union of the activation fee. once we recieved it, We are going to have the account activated for you to start on your transfer.

Regards.
Teddy Mathins.

((Well, since Misa 'did her job', just wait I suppose...))

Sent: Fri 12/14/07 5:14 AM

Please you tell her to send the payment INFORMATION immediately,to the Bank.

Respond quickly,

British Woman

((Oh my! There's been a problem! Misa needs to send the information!

In other news, Yagami Raito has been suspected of criminal activities by L, and arrested!))

Sent: Fri 12/14/07 8:39 AM
Attention British Woman:

I am an agent for the international police force, otherwise known as Interpol, known publically by the name 'L'. For a long time I have suspected fellow agent Yagami Raito of being involved in a string of murders, using a powerful artifact known as the 'Death Note' in which he can kill someone by simply writing their name and thinking of their face.

I have long suspected him, yet until as of today had no direct proof. I'm afraid I have sufficient reason now to attach the serial killer known as 'Kira' to the person of Yagami Raito. I have been given access to his email account by the Interpol, and it seems he was in the process of making a transaction with you.

Since you have had financial dealings with him, I'm afraid I'm going to have to question you as well, regarding the extent of your knowledge on the person of Yagami Raito. We currently have in our possession, his Death Note, so you yourself are safe. We promise no harm shall come to you, should you cooperate with us, and shall more than compensate you financially for whatever funds you will lose in this transaction, as well as pay you based on information helping us to put so heinous a criminal behind bars.

Please respond within the next 24 hours, or you shall be flagged as a suspect as well in our investigation.

Sincerely,
L

((Note that this was sent from 'Yagami's' old email address, to simulate that he'd actually been arrested and was being investigated.

Well, she didn't respond in the 24 hours. Not a good idea when you're dealing with L. Thus, L sent her one last warning, while increasing her probability of being involved by 4%))

Sent: Sat 12/15/07 9:40 PM

Attention British Woman:

It has come to our attention that you have delayed contacting us from the requested 24 hour timeframe mentioned in the last email. Should you in turn continue to ignore us, we will contact the nearest Interpol Department to your location, and forward the request to them, asking that they meet you in person.

I give you thus one further opportunity to avoid a real-life investigation by Interpol, instead providing the information to me directly. You have a further 24 hours from the time of this email to respond. If you do not, the closest Interpol Department to your location will be contacted.

Remember that Yagami Raito is a hardened and dangerous serial killer, and that you yourself may now be in danger. It is possible that some of his allies will attempt to go after you now, as you are at least a partial witness against him. We could place you in our Witness Protection Program, but only if you cooperate with us.

Further, we have reason to suspect now that you yourself may be involved in a string of 419-related email scams; the most recent proposed victim ironically being Yagami himself. We are willing to waive all related charges if you will help us to testify against him, but should you prove uncooperative, we may instead move to press charges against you as well, further adding your status as an accomplice to a serial killer!

If you do not respond within the next 24 hours, expect an email from Interpol Headquarters, and a possible real-life inquiry shortly to follow.

Respond with haste,
L

((Again, she didn't respond, even after being called a 419-scammer. How tragic. Alright, well, time for Interpol Headquarters to come in on the investigation. xD))

Sent: Mon 12/17/07 5:09 PM

Attention British Woman:

It has come to our attention that you have had contact with Yagami Raito, and purported financial dealings therewithin. The said figure is currently under an investigation for a series of murders taking place both locally in his home nation of Japan, and to some extent around the world. The criminal responsible to this crime for which Mr. Yagami is a suspect, is responsible for killing many people around the world quite discretely, and due to the severity of this issue, we feel thus the need to contact you.

We have reviewed your personal case, and it seems that you are a 419 scammer, operating quite possibly under an alias. As Yagami's crime far surpasses yours, we offer you a full pardon for all your activities should you assist us in this matter. Further, we wish to extend to you our Witness Protection Program. It is possible in the forseeable future that one of the killer's allies, or possibly the killer himself, may come after you. It would be advisable for your own safety thus to cooperate with us.

In return for your assistance, since this is a highest-priority case, we offer the reward of 1,000,000 GBP for any information you can provide us which will assist in the resolution of this most disturbing investigation. We have already had our agent, L, contact you twice, but it seems you have decided to ignore him. Thus, Interpol Headquarters itself has been contacted, and we request a meeting either in person, at our headquarters in Lyons, France or one of our local departments in the UK, or instead you may email your response to us.

If you refuse to cooperate, you will be deemed suspect as an accomplice to murder, and prosecuted at the very least on grounds of fraud and theft from 419 scamming.

Requested below is the following information:

1. Your real name and age
2. Your real address
3. A copy of your government-issued ID, either a passport or driver's lisence
4. Your phone number or mobile phone number
5. Any real occupation you may have

You have 48 hours from receiving this email to respond with the information, or we shall trace you via IP and have agents standing by to arrest you on charges of fraud, theft, and accessory to murder.

Respond quickly,
Interpol President - Jackie Selebi

((Technically she still has around 16 more hours to respond to this at the time of making this topic, though it seems rather unlikely that she will. She -did- however decide to contact most recently the account L had 'taken over'.))

Title: Please Send Me The Limited Power Of Attorney, I Don�t Have Time For Rubbish Because, You Got Nothing To Loose,I Give You Just 24 Hours,‏
Sent: Mon 12/17/07 8:34 AM
To: L (idiot...)

This may be the first and last respond, I may not be chance for rubbish of
This kind,

Because, You got nothing to loose just go ahead and send to me the power of attorney stating for a change,

I have no time as long as this transaction is concerned, so please i give you 24 hours, to get back to bank with their instruction, I have gating someone that will assist me from U S A to concluded this transaction.

So you should bear in mind that you are no longer party to the transaction, Hope you understand what I mean, For God sake i labored for this money wouldn�t like to loose it into government coffers

Am waiting for your urgent response.

British Woman

((You sent to the wrong person, dumbass; but just to help you, Yagami just broke out of prison and made a new account to email you. xD))

Sent: Mon 12/17/07 5:56 PM

Dear British Woman

The past few days have been rather stressful to say the least... That bastard L claimed he had 'sufficient proof' that I was a murderer of some sort, and arrested me. I think he may have taken over my old email along with my other former personal data, so for this reason, I have registered this new one. Please DO NOT respond to anything sent to you from [The email that L took over]. This will likely be L attempting to track me down.

I escaped from prison earlier today, put in under false charges, and I'm afraid for the present, at least until I can take L out, I'm going to have to leave Japan. I wonder if I could meet you in person to finalize this transaction. I would like to be able to meet you at Heathrow International Airport as soon as possible.

It would not be advisable to tell anyone that you know me, as my name no doubt now will be publicized in an unfair negative light. I am currently residing with an undisclosed friend of the family in Japan, yet I fear that even here I may not be safe. I think England would be, at least for the moment, slightly more safe, until either myself or my allies ensure that L is taken care of.

If you could assist me in hiding from L, and possibly getting rid of him, I would be much obliged indeed, but at any rate, it would be advisable to make arrangements for me to meet you in England where you live as I come to the airport, as I have no other contacts - and would like to finalize this transaction.

Respond quickly,

Yagami Raito.

((I sent that earlier today; no response yet. This thus far has been the extent of my scambaiting career, and I'm already quite enjoying it. xD If anyone could post any tips to help, etc. though I'd be much obliged, since I'm new and all, lol))

Last edited by Bokku Ga Kira on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very good Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Very good Very Happy

Heh, thanks for the feedback. ^^

Any areas you can see for improvement? Since this is my first time and all, and I'm not fully sure I'm doing everything 'right'.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Two criticisms (constructive, I hope!).
1. Some people might comment on you sending a believable passport. If it fools the lads then it'll fool a victim somewhere in the world, meaning you've given this lad another tool to use in his own scam exploits.
2. I think you moved a little too quick. You can see the reaction when the lad replied and mentioned that he didn't have time for all the "rubbish". That's because you dumped a lot of new plot on him too suddenly so he was wrenched from his own script and didn't like it. He just wants his money, after all!

Other than that, I enjoyed it so far.

I've read the manga of DN up to book 6, but haven't seen the anime or the live-action stuff, so I hope you don't post any book7-onwards plot spoilers!

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, thanks for the response as well. ^^

1. Hmm, but see, the scammer requested an ID or wouldn't go any further. How do I send an ID that wouldn't be believable yet still proceed with things? Or just use delay tactics? But then there'd seemingly be nothing to work with. Hmm, what do you do?

2. Yeah, in hindsight I probably changed too abruptly. It's just, I haven't a clue how to fake a Western Union transfer, so I had to end that little 'plotline' before he figured out I was just BSing things. Any suggestions on what I should have done / how to fake a WU transfer?

And I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^^

And fear not, there's no spoilers per se; it's following a rather alternative universe plotline... xD It's just the characters and their personalities that I've left canonical.
Mr Wang
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "DLL" trick works fine for any documents that need to be scanned.
Find a big arsed .dll file in your system32 folder, copy and paste it somewhere and rename it as "passport.jpg".

The lad can't open it and he may be persistant in you trying again, but most of the time they eventually give up.
Another good trick is to send a passport saved at a low res like this:

So far, a nice bait. Bit lucky that you've still got him despite the stupendous plot twists, but it's a good thing.. keep pushing him Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x 3ish?
SkimScamWam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A quick response is the keyboard to this transaction

Laughing Laughing Laughing

you think you are smart writing me from 2 addresses, go get yourself in trouble mugu - Charles C Soludo

fuck off - Nancy Hence
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic