SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

3 arrested in Nigerian scam

View next topic
View previous topic

Harry Manass
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By CHRIS DOUCETTE, TORONTO SUN

A Nigerian man, his wife, and a teen face 70 charges related to identity thefts after a fraud investigation turned up a West African scam.

The discovery was made after Durham police were called to The Source in Whitby on Friday by employees who believed two customers were buying Rogers cellphone plans fraudulently.

The pair raised alarms two days earlier when they signed up for cellphone plans at The Source in Oshawa, Det.-Const. Jeff Caplan said yesterday.

The employees alerted other stores. Staff at the Whitby store recognized ID was being used with the same photo but different names.

Police later found eight counterfeit Canadian citizenship cards with matching credit cards for each.

Toronto resident Kayode Daniels, 26, in Canada on a temporary work permit, and a 17-year-old were arrested and charged. Daniels' wife, Medinat Allibalogun, 21, was arrested when she arrived at court to bail the pair out. Laughing

$23.5M CONTRACT

Police believe the phones were used to contact victims of a fraud involving a letter that was e-mailed to countless people.

The letter attempts to entice people, for a fee, to claim a share of a $23.5-million US contract that is sitting in limbo after the fall of Nigeria's military government.

The scam uses fraudulently obtained cellphones which prevents police from finding them when people complain.

Terminated! Banks: 1x Senegal 1x United Kingdom Phishing: 6x United States

THANKS AS I AWAIT FOR YOUR RESPOUND
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Daniels' wife, Medinat Allibalogun, 21, was arrested when she arrived at court to bail the pair out.

Brilliant. Of course that happens here in Wobby World too.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Ambdrvr2
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Daniels' wife, Medinat Allibalogun, 21, was arrested when she arrived at court to bail the pair out.

LOL_sign

Now *THAT* is funny.......

"the phone is included with the extended file dilithium batteries" ....phonelad....

"we are located in United State, Kenturky."

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic