SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I got a verbal spanking at work today...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'll know you got the meta data when you read

Quote:
Who needs fucking html software?

pony <---- hee hee
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pssst, Reprob8. How about "Go Raiders"! Or "Try Vicodin". Wink

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the button Rebrob8. I think that having a counter and setting it off every 30th time might be even more evil.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie, what a genius you are! That way, it would make it impossible to track. Someone kinda sees it once, they tell their manager who tries to go in to see it, and it doesn't happen. Now it all falls on the employee who pushed the button.

pony <---- hee hee
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RooRoo wrote:
God what wankers.

HR people are just like air hostesses ie EVIL FEMBOTS.

What do you mean? I used to be in HR until the end of 2005? Are you trying to tell me something? Evil or Very Mad Wink

Actually, some are quite fun and others do fit into the wanker category quite easily.

EDITED TO ADD:@KD I do.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hugh Jundys wrote:
Now it all falls on the employee who pushed the button.

It said 'You Suck', see? See? No wait, it did, it really did. Ummm... *frantically oushing button* see? SEE! Look, right there, 'You Suck'! Ummmmm... it did, honest.... errrrr.... shit!
Twisted Evil

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, but the experiment is in this: Would the employee do whatever it takes to press that button another 30 times? How many times would they be allowed to repeat the process before the boss called in the nice men with the special jacket that makes you hug yourself?

pony <---- hee hee
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At my former company, the control window for one of our products (enterprise RAID system), if you type in "stinky" into the panel, it will scroll the following message forever "Eat stinky cheese for better health!" After finding that easter egg in the code, I started finding hundred more. I never had them removed. Very Happy

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once used a hexeditor to change all the error codes in command.com (DOS).

That was fun.

Instead of "Command not known or not found" all the students in our institute at the university got: "Damn, are you fucking stupid!"

[I miss the simple old DOS days. Confused]
Shotgun_Mosquito
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh hell. Here comes the confession posts.

Back in 1999, on older HP Laserjet printers, it was possible to change the error messages on the printers (for example, Microsoft used to display their stock prices on their company printers and have them updated).

Well...at the company that _I_ was working at, no one was computer literate, and this was during the peak of the Y2K scare.

I changed the main printers display to read "NOT Y2K COMPATIBLE" on a Friday afternoon. The office was open over the weekend; when I came back on Monday, we had a new printer.

Embarassed

(see this link for something similar - http://netpeek.netfirms.com/hpprint.shtml but I remember typing it in from dos )
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

one of my colleagues, who is in IT for maybe 30 years or so, told me this story:
Back in the old days, he was working with Siemens Nixdorf and was doing assembler programming on their machines. One time he wrote a little piece of software that let the harddisks get accessed in the rhythm of the blue danube waltz at a certain time of the day and rolled it out on the workstations Laughing Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

reprob8
that is f***** funny. what does your company think it will do?
change everyone to be a steelers fans??

Laughing

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina

Last edited by drew.p.coque on Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah the old DOS days. Very Happy
I must admit being in a sever romm with all the drives humming blue danube waltz would be really cool, and scary.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Confession - Before I left my last job because of a bullying boss, I got into his login (tip- If you type your password with one finger, it's easy to spot...)
and changed the "auto-correct" on Word so that every time he typed his name it changed to "Rat-Boy" (That's what everyone called him behind his back)

I heard from a colleague that he had sent out god knows how many letters/emails etc signed off that way.

Coupled with the fact that I left for a job with double HIS salary, it left a smile on my face.....

Our records show that you are dead to
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The moral of this story is Do Not Mess With Tekkies unless you have a damn good reason Laughing And get a sense of humour too.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's one I've posted here a few times already. It proceeded the one I posted above by one DOS version:

Back in the days of old, when DOS was still the main system on IBM compatible PCs (1988), we had a professor at the university who always came into the computer room of our institute in the morning and deleted all the students' user files, because he thought they were going to clog up the hard disks. The HDs were large for that time (40MB), but he really believed that the students were all totally stupid and that a few ASCII-files would fill everything up.

So, I used a Hex-Editor and debugged command.com on all the computers. I changed the "del" command to "dal." I then changed the error message "Command not known or not found" to "Fuck off - ASSHOLE!" All the students knew that they had to use "dal" to delete anything.

The result was a professor running around through the halls and the library screaming at everyone he met, because every time he tried to delete anything, the computer told him to "fuck off"!

We all had fun for months!! Very Happy
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imagine the fun I had when Win 3.x splash screens changed.................... Twisted Evil

Artemis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys are evil Laughing

I have programmed as a hobby for 15 years but 4 years ago I wrote a very big application which supports me today. It never occured to me to do anything like this.

All that will change on Monday Twisted Evil For the first hidden message I will use "Thanks, Reprob8" (for the idea) and then change the message with each update.

Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Reprob8, that screen shot is pretty small, but doesn't that Irishman have six toes?

And having that comment in for copyright protection is a good idea. About 10 or 12 years ago when I was working in Australia, I produced a 400 page company product manual for an international lubricant company, about 25,000 copies were printed. Anyway, the last 60 pages were compilations of generic information, standards, conversion factors and such. I included a deliberate mistake about every 10 pages, just as a signature.

Anyway, a couple of years later another company produced a similar product manual, complete with about 60 pages of very familiar looking data - complete with my deliberate mistakes.

FUCHS LUBRICANTS - you're a bunch of thieving A holes!!!!

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Companies that print maps often add small roads that don't exist to rural or residential areas on their maps. Phonebook companies also tend to have fantasy names and numbers added every few pages so they can prove that somebody has copied their product.
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap" "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword" I'm sure there are many more. Laughing Laughing clapping
Pretty neat though!

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
Master Shake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rep, the 'Club of the Unemployed' has an opening. YOur desk will be next to mine Smile
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I'll bring the candy.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
leccy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember seeing a site which had loads of digital graffiti stuff in it. Alot of people who design or finish a product will want to leave an easter egg in there. I seen some really awesome ones which are really obvious once shown it but otherwise would never have found it.

I guess this is one of the most well known ones...
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/billsux.html

.. which was hoaxed

Lagerfeld
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the ol' Auto Correct in Word is always fun, and for some more lo-tech ha-ha's, I simply reverse the right and left mouse buttons on a certain someone's PC.

But I also got in trouble this week, when I took that famous picture of Frank Sinatra with his arms around the shoulders of some very well known American gangsters, and superimposed some of my coworkers and my faces on it, and emailed it around work. Very funny, I thought.

And the boss is a buddy, so I included him on the email but he sent an email back (copy to everyone) that I could have completed nine other projects in the time I took to do that.

So, one of my co-workers jumped into the fray and shot one back saying, "In fairness to John, he didn't do that picture, he outsourced it to China!"

Which is a sensative issue around here. But not to be outdone, the boss shot back, that in that case, I could have done eighteen more projects in that time.

Sheesh, thank goodness he's going away for two weeks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic