SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I got a verbal spanking at work today...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For a couple of years now, I've been designing Point of Sale screens for our customers with subliminal "GO STEELERS" messages all over the place. The example below is enhanced. Usually, the colors are just slightly different so they can barely be seen. Well, one of our customers in Cleveland with 10 stores finally noticed. He was pissed, my boss was pissed, and her boss was pissed. I was taken into the conference room for a "company pep talk". I couldn't stop laughing, which didn't help my case. For punishment, I have to go into all 10 stores via PC Anywhere and remove the subliminal messages - ON MY OWN TIME. I can promise you this, each one of those store will have a "YOU SUCK" message cleverly hidden somewhere!!!

starstarstarstar
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Boy, are they suckers for punishment!

breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lolol....give them hell, r8!!!
btw, about the "recevable" button: Isn�t there an "i" missing in the word?

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why can't you just toe the line Repro?? Laughing

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing

Nice one. It could have been worse. You could have had to sing the company song as well.

Regarding the subliminal message, how about something like "David Beckham sucks like a Hoover" - Victoria.

You are a star as far I'm concerned. That nice Mr Soludo still flashes my Cycling Proficiency Certificate at dinner parties.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a pity that in some rather sarcastic way those POS terminals don't have speakers. Every now and then, the utterance "You're a Fugly Milf" might not go astray.

Grrr. Corporate assholes.

Charlie Muggins
Master Baiter

Location: A place where happiness reigns, and music plays ever so loudly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FUGLY MILF..... was'nt he in Lord of the Rings Shocked

How long do I have to stand in this corner?

Dont Trifle with me, Custard!.....
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They were mad about that? Seriously? What a bunch of squares.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great stuff Rebro8. There was a time that I would have liked to have put in subliminal flashes but never did. There are now federal laws prohibiting time bombs in firmware. Back in the day I've written all sorts of messages beyond the delimiters. I've told bosses that it was for copyright purposes. If I were you I would go with the company message. "I did it to protect company property. Having 'Go Steelers' in competing POS displays would show that company intellectual property was stolen." The hard part would be to say that with a straight face to a bunch of squares.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

im guessing theyre not steelers fans. Laughing

Safari lagos to douala "i am tired of roaming west africa"

i like pretty flags. want your own?
46X United Kingdom 10X Cellphone 8X Nigeria 5X United States 5X Spain 5X Netherlands 4X Ghana 4X South Africa 4X Malaysia 3X Togo 3X Switzerland 3X (???) 2X Russia 2X Canada 2X Benin Sweden Isle Of Man Ivory Coast and a sierra leone diamond site.
Mortar x9
Nurse Nasty needs a new endoscope. Donate!
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell them to never go to Disney World, or watch any Disney movies. So many hidden messages there that if you saw them all your head would spin. Many hidden mickeys are quite offensive. To get all worked up over a Go Steelers? That's just sad.

Now, just to make sure, R8, you have another, better-hidden "GO STEELERS!" message somewhere else, right? I mean, it would be a crying shame to lose it forever.

And so sad that your boss couldn't be even slightly amused. Evil or Very Mad

pony <---- hee hee
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hugh Jundys wrote:
...just to make sure, R8, you have another, better-hidden "GO STEELERS!" message somewhere else, right? I mean, it would be a crying shame to lose it forever.

In the Meta tag?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Click on the (extremely outdated Embarassed) "this page" link in my sig. I have a nice little hidden jab in the meta tags.
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ reminds when we had a trainee (ferialpraktikant) a few years ago, and my colleague was just editing our homepage..
He asked her: "What are you doing here?"
"Redesigning our homepage"
He: "With vi!?!?!?!???" Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
fengibbon
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oops!

I'd have spanked you for typing "fonction" instead of "function"

Corporate guys. No sense of humour...

twas only the other day i said to my boss, "shove it up your a##e, sideways" and next thing i'm on a disciplinary..........

how on earth did he spot the "Go Steelers" though??????????

"I hope you ar happi at making me look big fool. I will com to Amerika, hunt you down like fuking hyena." -- Samuel Odabake September 06. - Good hunting Sam, you are 5,000 miles away!!!

"Why you traet me like smal boi foool" -- Brother Nicolas ------ Because you are?
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@KD

Shocked Shocked

Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

R8......pretty clever. Is it possible they didn't really see it, but could smell it? The Steelers did kinda stink this year.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

R8, wasn't it a test of the colour balance of the screens? If they can read it then their screen isn't set up right.

breadcrumb, the trainee was damn right. Should have used emacs. Rolling Eyes

thud runs and hides

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
RooRoo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

God what wankers. You can't even see it. Corporate people are such tossers.

Reprob8 I hope you are not letting them make you feel bad about this. HR people are just like air hostesses ie EVIL FEMBOTS. It is enough punishment for anything just having to be in a room with them - I feel your pain mate.

Here's a KITTYSTAMP to make you feel better

Hello Kitty!

Sometimes when I hit my hello kitty doll really hard, there's a muffled sound...a little like a scream. The scream of a tortured animal, lost in the chaos of the world. The scream of a 4 by 4 rolling over my toe. Hello Kitty is....pain.
NetSkyR
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It only shows that your company's CRM has not all neccesary information required to have a meaningful relationship with your customers. If you'd known that customer X would be a fan of - say - Green Bay Packers or the Anaheim Mighty Ducks (to have some variation), you would have placed that team in that message, or even your customer's favoured Representative. I bet you can say that with a very innocent face.

If you see no sense in life, look at the nonsense. You'll love it as much as tripping fake (bank) sites (speaking of which, United Kingdom x 13, Russia x 2, Netherlands x 5, South Africa x 1, Togo x 1, United States x 2, Spain x 1, Ivory Coast x 1, Nigeria x2 entries in the 419th level of the Hades of lads)

becoming more active after more then a year
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My bosses were angry because they thought I had singled that customer out because I knew they were Cleveland Browns fans and I was just trying to be annoying. I didn't have the balls to tell them I had put hidden messages in EVERY program I've written for a cpl years and that there are probably 200+ terminals across the Midwest US with "Go Steelers" hidden among the screens. They were angry but, on the other hand, I'm at work now, they know I'm logged on to the Eater, and I'm not catching any grief for it. Can someone explain "meta tag" to me? I'm an idiot.

starstarstarstar
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"meta tags" are something you have in the head of a computer file (including HTML files/Web pages) which contain data about the file, such as the author, key words, etc. Since they aren't displayed when the file is viewed, only used by software that reads it, they're great for hidden messages and in-jokes.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Thanks! How do i view the hidden message in the link KD mentioned above?

My revenge on the customer in question has taken the following form:

The buttons normally display as shown below unless you touch one, then they go into the "DEPRESSED DISPLAY MODE" for just a split second. They don't stay in that mode if you keep your finger on it. So I made the change to the light red buttons as shown below. As I said, the depressed mode only flashes for an instant, and their finger will be covering most of the message. Childish? Sure it is!!! Satisfying? YOU BETCHA!!

starstarstarstar
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reprob8 wrote:
How do i view the hidden message in the link KD mentioned above?

^^^^^ Right click on the page and click "view source".

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks SP! @KD Laughing

starstarstarstar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic