SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout


WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!


 Worthwhile or waste of time?

View next topic
View previous topic
 
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
cahuna
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 50
Location: Gone Fishing


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok. Please don't bite my head off if this has been discussed numerous times before (search isn't my friend at the moment I'm afraid - have tried and found nothing).

Comments and advice on the following appreciated:

- I receive a standard opening letter.

- I use the tools suggested in the forums to check the IP header information.

- I see the IP Address returns, for example, Afrinic.

- I contact their abuse address giving full header information, list of IP addresses being used, email addresses being used, original email.

Questions:

1. Am I wasting my time?
2. Are these the right people to contact? Should I also contact the email service provider?
3. Am I giving the correct information?

Obviously I choose a few select ones for a bit of fun but I'm getting more than I can keep up with - suprising what a plant on a lottery winners guest book can do for your baiter inbox p.s. am aware of surplus forum.

I don't like to think the lads I have to ignore are happily getting on with it unchallenged by anyone (present company accepted of course Very Happy )

Just looking to do my bit as effectively as poss.

Cheers.
View user's profileSend private message
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru


Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Posts: 11852
Location: UK


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, you are wasting your time, please don't kill lad email accounts, the lad can open a new email account in less than 2 minutes anyway, they also save all their victims details to word or whatever, so it's not a problem for them, also, numerous baiters may well be baiting that scammer and you will mess a lot of baits up, if you want to kill email accounts, go to the phonelads area of the forum, it is very worthwhile killing their email addresses, because they have spammed them all over the internet, so it wastes a lot of their time and prevents victims from buying from them!

_________________
Pith Helmet 10 Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Suitcase
40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profileSend private message
Pachanga
Baiting Guru


Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Posts: 3551


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, don't report them. Only the phone lads are reported, and that is only after we get enough information about them.

If you shut down an e-mail account of a scammer, you can possibly keep him from being arrested. And you don't want to spoil the efforts of other baiters.

SP, you are way fast.
View user's profileSend private message
Gilbert-Ratchet
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 44
Location: Crashed & burnin' on the learnin' curve.


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SP

Quote:
it is very worthwhile killing their email addrsses, because they have spammed them all over the internet,


That's the first time I've seen it explained so conciesly why we go after closing down Phone Lads Emails but not 'regular' lads - Thanks.
View user's profileSend private message
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 5379
Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gilbert-Ratchet wrote:
... why we go after closing down Phone Lads Emails but not 'regular' lads - Thanks.


The last post in this thread explains it quite succinctly I think...

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97648&highlight=closing+phone+lads+accounts

_________________
£1,052,334.30 (=US$2,121,125.60) lads fake cheques out of circulation (at 11/6/2008)
Closed lad accounts x135 (at 26/9/2008) Easter Egg 2013 Cellphone x138
"i see your not interested in the transaction but catching your fun, calling names and my muckery of me." - Usman Bello
"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
View user's profileSend private message
cahuna
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 50
Location: Gone Fishing


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies folks. Haven't reported anything just sounding out the general consensus of opinion.

Read the useful phonelads thread (thanks) but it did give me a thought about the Surplus forum. I've added a couple recently but am not convinced they're being picked up - a few views but nothing to say "I'm on the case". Looks like a lot of members don't pick these up assuming (possibly very wrongly) they've already been taken up by numerous baiters.

A quick acknowledgement reply from those picking up the bait would certainly help. Might also encourage a bit of beneficial collusion and increase the community spirit (even further!).

Just a thought.
View user's profileSend private message
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 8875
Location: Wherever I lay my hat


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most people here have their own scam mail catcher accounts, and unless there is something particularly unusual there I would use my own, but I believe that a minority of people don't have catcher accounts and appreciate a selection to look over.

Though I am pretty busy with baits just now, I always keep an eye out in case there is something new I can hand out for someone else to use, or maybe a bank site to squish.

I think it's customary to make a comment if you pick one up - but I don't believe it's mandatory, as it would not be surprising to be multi baiting a mugu as many of us get the same scam mails in our catcher accounts.

_________________
Fake sites killed 1 x Australia 9 x United Kingdom 3 x 168 X Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2011
Pith Helmet - the 'Asparagus Kid' - Accra to Lome - You Must surly Die in The Name Of Jesus Christ
Pith Helmet - Steve - Lagos to Accra
Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
View user's profileSend private messageSkype Name
pilgrim
Elite Baiter


Joined: 19 May 2004
Posts: 1789
Location: In the colonies


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@cahuna: No reflection on you, because I don't know if you do this or not. I use the surplus letters frequently to initiate baits, but only if the posting includes full headers. Why? I want to know where the letters are coming from. And in some cases you can't tell where the reply email is to be sent without seeing the headers. Replying to the spamming address frequently gets you ignored because the mugu never sees the reply.

And I hasten to say that I admire those who post large numbers of surplus letters. It's got to be quite a bit of work. But the headers are important to some of us. Better a few with headers than many without.

And I've never found cause yet to post that I was going to use a letter. Perhaps I should, but I haven't. Bad pilgrim!

So to anyone posting surplus letters: I suggest including full headers.

Cheers.

_________________
I know somebody in the wester union agent here, therefore i will not have any problem.
All the walfare of United States Citizen is my cosine.
United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
View user's profileSend private message
Dolores
419Eater is my life


Joined: 26 Jan 2007
Posts: 356


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, I snagged one from the Surplus forum without mentioning it too, since it didn't occur to me that I might need to say something... I'll make sure to do that next time.

_________________
I was mad with the deceit and conning of the Bello of a man. - Mens4h K0fi
View user's profileSend private messageSkype Name
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 41


PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There isn't a requirement to state which surplus mails you're baiting, folks.

I personally would discourage that, actually- it could make newer members think that they can't bait the same lad.

_________________

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
View user's profileSend private message
Fanny Plunge
Granny Pawn


Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 698
Location: Straight Baiting FTW!


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never understood this fascination with headers..For one it's a Lad..His location is more or less a given..A smelly cafe somewhere..

If need be and it's vital to check the headers one can when and if the lad replies to ones.."sure I'm interested mail"..I just don't see the point if I'm posting 30 lad mails, I simply haven't got the time nor patience to click show original..copy n paste and edit out addys and blow out length lines..For that 30 lads..Just because people like to do IP searches..

Most mails from lads have a "private mail" in the body of script to contact also..usually at the bottom..Plus in normal headers the reply to is present..So all the full headers seem to be needed for is to satisfy a pointless need for IP searching..

_________________
Don Felix,"Iwant to know if Im being initiated in a kind of cultic society,Also a wooden spoon could be difficult to get"
vPeter Renta,"I was in the wester onion with my brother but they told us there know money there"
Dr Famoru El-phram,"Look at you Kangaroo Imsucha Donkee.Bastard you pile patient.Nicompoop"
verkwyn,"You are just a bloody foolish Nigerain,It sounds like an email writen by an illitrate"
Humanity Hicham,"wooooow u are very pretty and lovely but u have dick"
Easter Egg 2012 Nigeria United States Spain United Kingdom x2 Ivory Coast Turkey Italy Netherlands Cellphonex280-WebSitesx21
View user's profileSend private messageSkype Name
wayne
Account closed at users request


Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 3630


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Headers can be brilliant because they contain information the lad doesn't know he's sent. For example I was speaking to a lady on another forum who didn't know if the guy she was talking to was real or a scammer. I showed her how to read headers and she saw that even though he'd said he was originally from the USA but went to Nigeria to work, his IP address was the same through the whole thing and showed he was in Nigeria the whole time. When you talk to a Russian woman, looking at the headers for The Bat! and Mari El is a 99% surefire way of telling if it's a vlad or a real Russian lady looking for love. But of course some people will never need to look at them because they deal with the more standard 419 scammers. It's horses for courses.

_________________
Mortar x56
View user's profileSend private message
Don
Baiting Guru


Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 3045
Location: Italy, 87.2.222.132


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think what Fanny meant was that there's no need to include headers when posting in the surplus forum because it's a waste of time. Only a fraction of letters posted there will be baited by someone and only a fraction of those baited will have their account still open and reply. I'm not sure about the numbers but for every 10 headers posted there might be 1 or 2 baits. I think if you absolutely need to check headers (and of course I agree this header thing has become an obsession here on Eater lately) you can still do that once they've replied - would save people posting surplus lads a lot of time.

Just a personal opinion, we don't give out rules for everything.

_________________
Mortar x12
No sugar plum fairies have been hurt during the process of creating this message.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerSkype Name
cahuna
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 50
Location: Gone Fishing


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Don says: Only a fraction of letters posted there will be baited by someone

How do we know only a fraction are being baited? Gut feel? Certainly that's my gut feel.

A few thoughts:

1.If only a fraction of the letters posted in the surplus forum are being baited by someone, then theres a lot of lads out there getting on with it quite happily without anyone making life remotely difficult for them

2. Why not introduce as good practice replying when youve taken a bait on - anyone can quickly see which ones are going begging. And state just because a baits been taken doesnt mean its a no go area! More the merrier.

3. By doing this, at the very least, well have some sort of visible metric to answer our questions on whether or not these surplus emails are actually being acted upon

4. Also, if theyve gone begging for a period of time with no takers, whats wrong with getting the email address closed down? Better than doing nothing surely and just letting them simply get on with it? (and yes as for the odd one that is being baited at the time and has to change his address great it is good to watch them squirm and try and regain your confidenceby whatever means you request...)

If were not careful, were in danger of having the surplus forum act as a safe house for the lads get your scam in that forum and chances are you wont be touched. It needs a simple bit of management. Adding a tag to a bait youve taken on will be a starter for 10.
View user's profileSend private message
Gnasher
Baiting Guru


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 2849
Location: Centre Stage in the Theatre of Cruelty


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can see your point cahuna but to be honest I doubt many people will be willing to do a daily check on who's baiting who. It's bad enough keeping track of our 'own' various lads. You are quite right that there are WAY more scammers than baiters out there - that's kinda the whole point of why we try to do what we do? Having said that, it can't do any harm to flag a Surplus Letter that you intend to take on but I don't think many people are going to check if it's 'taken' or not. Just my opinion.

_________________
Mortar x21
"you have to pay because he need to submit this form to the Federal Ministry Of Fancies" Barrister John/Mike/Richard Okeke
"they are in deed the swinders rotating about in the net and searching for whom they will stylishly defraud your belongings" A. Moron
"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
View user's profileSend private message
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru


Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Posts: 11852
Location: UK


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cahuna wrote:
4. Also, if they’ve gone begging for a period of time with no takers, what’s wrong with getting the email address closed down?


What you have to remember is, just because someone has not posted in surplus saying they are going to bait a particular scammer, it does not mean the scammer is not being baited, chances are, that a lot of baiters received that same email from the scammer in their inboxes and are baiting them from there, so there would be no need for them to take it from surplus or mark that they are baiting them, it is pointless killing anything other than phonelad accounts!

_________________
Pith Helmet 10 Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Suitcase
40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
View user's profileSend private message
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 5379
Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I had a /$ for every time a noobie asks how do I get a lad?, I'd start my own religion. The answer is easy.....The Surplus Letters Forum.

Personally, I try and post the most interesting/funny ones on there when I receive them, in the hope that they will be picked up. But for every one of those there are sadly numerous others which get deleted from my Inbox, usually wealthy cocoa merchants from West Africa. Yawn!

Lottery lads are a classic example. I win a lottery every other hour of the day. They are buggers to bait because of their rigid adherence to their scripts. No fun. Bait them straight or don't bait at all. I'm becoming a great believer of killing lottery lads addys (not that I do -yet) because 1) they are so boring and 2) I never won a lottery I didn't enter and 3) I hate their form filling obsession and 4) Put them out of their misery before they bore us all to death (see 1) above. As for killing anybody else's baits, that has to be weighed up against the chance perhaps of of saving some sucker from paying their 'administration fees'.

I bet there are people who peruse the SL Forum picking out the posts with the most comic potential. Guilty as charged.

It would be interested to see if we all posted all the offers we receive in one day the SL forum would grind to a halt. Shocked So many lads, so little bandwith.

All the above said, if it makes sense, I think the SL forum has its place, but I would like to see more people taking a few minutes out every day baiting to make their own contributions. Then we can really get an idea of the scale of the problem.

_________________
£1,052,334.30 (=US$2,121,125.60) lads fake cheques out of circulation (at 11/6/2008)
Closed lad accounts x135 (at 26/9/2008) Easter Egg 2013 Cellphone x138
"i see your not interested in the transaction but catching your fun, calling names and my muckery of me." - Usman Bello
"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
View user's profileSend private message
Gnasher
Baiting Guru


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 2849
Location: Centre Stage in the Theatre of Cruelty


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
If I had a /$ for every time a noobie asks how do I get a lad?, I'd start my own religion. The answer is easy.....The Surplus Letters Forum.

Personally, I try and post the most interesting/funny ones on there when I receive them, in the hope that they will be picked up.


Amen to that. I also try to bait the most interesting/funny ones.

_________________
Mortar x21
"you have to pay because he need to submit this form to the Federal Ministry Of Fancies" Barrister John/Mike/Richard Okeke
"they are in deed the swinders rotating about in the net and searching for whom they will stylishly defraud your belongings" A. Moron
"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
View user's profileSend private message
Don
Baiting Guru


Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 3045
Location: Italy, 87.2.222.132


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with what SP said. (I never thought I'd ever write anything like that.) The Surplus Forum is where people who don't have other resources can grab a quick lad to play with. I never bait people from there and I post there maybe twice a year. So you cannot regard the Surplus section as a statistically relevant resource for lad letters.

Chances are those lads are being baited even if only very few members ever look at this place (have a look at the views of any individual scam letter posted there; typically 5-12 views) Then there's baiters who aren't even related to 419Eater.

So basically I think there's no need to change anything there because only a tiny fraction of baiters will ever look at those posts.

_________________
Mortar x12
No sugar plum fairies have been hurt during the process of creating this message.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerSkype Name
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 5379
Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
....So basically I think there's no need to change anything there because only a tiny fraction of baiters will ever look at those posts.


So basically anybody who posts their surplus there is wasting their time? In which case please let me know and I will focus my energies elsewhere were they can be more effectively used. Don't laugh! Laughing

The surplus forum seems to be kept going by a dedicated few regular posters, me included. It saves others having to waste time searching for, and seeding, guest books. Anyway guest books are soooo last century.

RIP Surplus Letters Forum. In repose with the Mugu Mail forum which died of spite, killed by the few that always spoil it for the majority.

_________________
£1,052,334.30 (=US$2,121,125.60) lads fake cheques out of circulation (at 11/6/2008)
Closed lad accounts x135 (at 26/9/2008) Easter Egg 2013 Cellphone x138
"i see your not interested in the transaction but catching your fun, calling names and my muckery of me." - Usman Bello
"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
View user's profileSend private message
pilgrim
Elite Baiter


Joined: 19 May 2004
Posts: 1789
Location: In the colonies


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@TS: Please don't stop posting. Seeding guestbooks is a crapshoot. I was on the shuttle, and got quite a few lad solicitations in my catcher box, but I also used that box as an autobaiter, and someone or something killed it. So now I (and I'm sure others) depend on the Surplus Letters forum as the highest quality source of lad solicitations. I can only speak for myself, but I truly appreciate the effort involved. Thumbs up

_________________
I know somebody in the wester union agent here, therefore i will not have any problem.
All the walfare of United States Citizen is my cosine.
United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
View user's profileSend private message
Don
Baiting Guru


Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 3045
Location: Italy, 87.2.222.132


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
So basically anybody who posts their surplus there is wasting their time?


I never said that, feel free to re-read my post. I said only a tiny fraction of baiters will see a scam letter there. So wile there's no use using this forum as a point of reference about who's being baited or not it's main purpose is to give people a lad to bait. Nothing more and nothing less.

_________________
Mortar x12
No sugar plum fairies have been hurt during the process of creating this message.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerSkype Name
leccy
Baiting Guru


Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Posts: 2036
Location: shithole in Scotland


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Tommo.

Actually, the Surpluss letters are very important.

Many of the readers of these letters are potential victims who have found the content in the search engines. It's a worthwhile cause without any question of doubt.

_________________
Do not diss my jokes
Elton
View user's profileSend private message
spot
Moderator


Joined: 25 Aug 2005
Posts: 9043
Location: Criminal Disruption Department.


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The spin off for the Surplus Letters Forum is that (I think) it is picked up by most of the search engines.

Most of the surplus letters are only a day or two old and if a potential victim was to Google the scammers address they could be directed to this site, which should give them a pretty good idea of what's going on. ...... so that's one reason I always make sure that I expose the "reply to" addie in any surplus letters I post (even though it's not shown in the body text) ,,,,,, as well as the "from" addie

EDIT ..... thank's Leccy Smile

_________________
Mortar x32 Purple Flower TV Star
Star Whip Jack Boot
View user's profileSend private message
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 5379
Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides


PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Don.

Sorry. I really must read the posts more carefully before piling in.
Shocked

A fraction reading and acting on the SL forum is better than none, I suppose.

I will still continue to post any I receive. Boring or otherwise, they are all scammers and deserve the same attention. The choice is up to the baiter.

Without the post there is no bait. It only takes a couple of minutes to share the misery. You know it makes sense.

_________________
£1,052,334.30 (=US$2,121,125.60) lads fake cheques out of circulation (at 11/6/2008)
Closed lad accounts x135 (at 26/9/2008) Easter Egg 2013 Cellphone x138
"i see your not interested in the transaction but catching your fun, calling names and my muckery of me." - Usman Bello
"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



** Find out information about your IP address **


All Content © 2003 - 419Eater.com
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :S5: FI Theme :: All times are GMT