SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hundreds of E-mail Addresses In Text File Attached to E-Mail

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ShadowLink64
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm.... I received a letter from one of the scammers (your typical first letter about how their relative died and they need to move funds out of their country) and I noticed that the scammer attached two text files to the e-mail, each containing a multitude of e-mail addresses (we're talking hundreds here, most are hotmail but some are from private companies too).

Could these e-mail addresses be of people they scammed in the past or will scam? Has anyone received an e-mail like this before? It seems very out of the ordinary to me, since I've gotten quite a few of these letters in the past. Shocked

EDIT: I just googled a couple of them and they show up as people's personal e-mail addresses... I think the lad just sent me some of his victim's e-mail addresses. Rolling Eyes
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PM the list to a mod and it will get taken care of.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
ShadowLink64
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey,

I just sent the e-mails to Shiver, since I saw that he signed on in the last 24 hours. I understand he might be busy and all, but he can get to it when he's free. Smile

So yeah, these really are people's e-mails because they show up in google searches as belonging to real people. The only thing is that they sent this e-mail to me about 4 months ago and I only read it until now. Sad

EDIT: Just removed Shiver's message from the Outbox and sent one to DrWho, so two people aren't working on the same situation. Razz
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not uncommon for a lad to accidentally send a list of email addresses, either in the CC list, or as an attachment. Fortunately, the majority of the time it turns out to be the list of shuttle addresses, so it's just a list of baiters.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic