SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

I'm the victim of credit card fraud.

View next topic
View previous topic

mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Work pays for mine, therefore I feel obligated to more or less leave it on when I get a signal, otherwise, mine would be off all but about five minutes a day.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
adam12
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of my cards have low credit limits, hence they would be worthless for high ticket items. It's my way of making sure if somebody does get a hold of my card number, it's going to be useless to buy airline tickets or expensive merchandise.

If the credit card company tries to increase the credit limit, I always tell them not to.

Discover card has a program you install on your PC that will automatically populate your online checkout page with single use credit card information as well as all of your address data. Very useful, especially if you don't trust online vendors. The single use credit card number expires after you use it once.

"Treat this matter urgent.i have patience alot for you and your ball games you are playing how can you send money and the mtcn number did not match that is a fraud you are doing and it can laed some to jail here in nigeria. so be good to me so that i can help you out in this transcation." - Nuhu Ribadu
"Look if you send this Money to any One rather than the Name i sent to you, You will be Hold responsible for any Money Laundry ." - William James
"I HOPE THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME STUPID." - Prof. Chuckie Soludo
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Visa has a similar process that you can sign up for, but I haven't heard about it in a while, so maybe they discontinued it...

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just had a look at my account online today while paying bills and there have been another couple of purchases, one in US dollars and one in Canadian dollars. All up just under $400 Aussie dollars. It was on the old number (the bank issued me a new card and number) so it was easy to tie them into the original fraud.
All together they have used my card to purchase almost $5,500.00 worth.
The bank is going to let me know what the outcome of their investigation into who was using it and how they got my number. I don't hold out much hope of them finding who, but you never know.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing I really hate about the statements is that you can spend 10 minutes wondering who the hell hoses&panties pty ltd is. Only to relise it's the parent company for the local car mechanic. Smile

I did rung by the CC company one day. Lots of petrol expenses, motel, lift tickets. It was me on holiday. It felt good knowing that they are looking aftyer you er themselves.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess these must have been online transactions which take a while to bounce on a cancelled card? If the bank is still monitoring things so closely they must think they have to chance of catching the perp. If they do it will be interesting to find out how he/she got your card details.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they do get whoever was using the account, they said they would tell me how they did get the number and I will certainly let you know. It is my account that I only basically use for Paypal and Amazon. Other than that I have used in in a travel agents about 3 years ago.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I worked in Sydney a few years ago, we did a lot of overseas travel thru Africa, the Middle East and Asia and used corporate AMEX cards.

One day the guy in the next office to me got a call from AMEX, he called me in and put it on speaker phone after they'd identified themselves. It went something like this.

AMEX: Are you in Tokyo?

Workmate with a fairly European family name: No.

AMEX: Your AMEX card has just been presented at a shop in Tokyo by a man of Asian apperance. The shop was suspicious that he didn't look like a man named "workmate's family name here". We're advising them not to accept the card.

Workmate: Oh, good.

AMEX: Yeah, they've told ud that he's just been arrested.

Apparently my workmate had paid for a meal in Bangkok a couple of weeks earlier and his card must've been swiped under the counter and a duplicate card manufactured. Just goes to show that these card counterfeiters are an international lot, and the card companies are on their toes.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some companies and/or banks are better than others. Amex is one of the better ones which is kinda ironic because nobody outside the US (and certain Bangkok restaurants) accepts it these days Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nalei wrote:
And last thing - automatic bank cashiers! (I forgot how they are called in English).

In the USA they are called ATM's for Automatic Teller Machines. Of course some people call them "ATM Machines". Department of Redundancy Department, I guess. We also call the secret numbers PIN Numbers LOL LOL You'll have to wiki that one.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love Amex. I use it for 95% of all my purchases, including my donation to 419Eater via Paypal. Never had a bit of problem except being turned down on its acceptance.

I talked to my VISA issuing bank today. It took them 16 days to post a payment and they ended up billing me $22 in interest and a late fee. I have never complained before to them. I was just glad that they reactivated my card when they stranded us in Switzerland. It was also a VISA card that got shut down for a weekend.

It took an 8 minute phone call and I was very civil but they took that credit card fraud right off my bill.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Amex keep sending me all kinds of tempting offers to take up their Silver, Gold, Platinum, Black, Titanium, Dilithium card which is very nice of them but it would be of almost no use to me either here in Australia or on my occasional visits to the UK. Nobody wants Amex. So I stick with Visa, warts and all.

harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Gnash your right!

Amex ? WTF would a retailer want to acccept a product that charges double that of any other card. It's all cool if your charging for labour and product but if your in retail with margins as slim as 5-28% why would you want to loose an extra 3%.
Any body ever seen those barter companies ?

I could start a whole new thread on dishonest legal companies Smile

There are scams and there ARE scams just some are sanctioned by the powers that be.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic