SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Foiled Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

Xanex
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Been watching this forum for a while, untill i finally got up the courage to try a bait. So there i go , meticulously setting up an email address with a funky name, a fax/ voicemail account, fake business cards and western union mail transfer papers you get the picture

started off rough, couldnt find many guestbooks to drop a post, keeping it nice and friendly like, found a few dropped names and email addresses and waited

so anyway, i get this email from this old lady, she is in hospital dieing from cancer, PERFECT!!, time to string this mugu along...

i keep it going for 4 weeks , getting emails back and forth, being nice to the old lady and really nasty to her business guy who is demanding the $800 from me

untill recently i didnt hear from him, i sent him an email and then i get one back from some vigilantly "scammers nemesis" ***email given on request*** "You were in contact with a scammer Sir, I am sorry to say that your bait will have to be continued when the scammer contacts you from another emailbox. All the victims in the box got the same warning you did."

i'm like WTF !!! , this dude hacked the scammers email and told me friendly like to continue when he emails back with another address , Grrr

any one else had an email from this guy, i realize he is doing the world a favour but come on couldn't have been a better bait spoilt by this guy

X

Last edited by Xanex on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corona
Eater's sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woe! That is very strange Shocked

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have some questions which I've PM'd you.

In the meantime I'll lock this down- there won't be anything constructive out of it and the thread will just be speculation and recriminations.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okie doke.
I'll just go ahead and make the announcement here- maybe somebody knows who this dumbass is and will pass it along; if anything, maybe the next recepients of his email will find this thread, roll their eyes, and chuck his email into trash:

[email protected] You are an idiot!
Why would anyone hack into a lad box and THEN warn victims from it??
Is that supposed to inspire trust, you stupid, irresponsible prat?
If so, here, I've rewritten your warning format for you:

Quote:
Hi! I'm writing to you illegally from someone else's email box that I've hacked or otherwise gained access to. Don't worry, though!! I'm a good guy and you can trust me! You are in contact with a criminal...no, not me- the criminal whose box I broke into. Don't worry, I haven't done this to your email box because I would never do that.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you about this scam the real owner of the box was running on you...

You aren't impressing anybody with your master l33t skills, you dipshit. Evil or Very Mad

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic