SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Someone is using my gmail on eBay!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could someone give me a number to contact ebay. I got an email to confirm my email address on ePro Auctions which is part of eBay. Looks like high priced Art or something. I need to let them know that it is a scammer. I've never been to this site on ebay. Thanks
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's extremely difficult to call ebay at the best of times. You should try their online report thingie first.
If you're in the US, go here: http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/?ssPageName=home:f:f:US
If you're in the UK, go here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/?ssPageName=f:f:UK

Good luck!

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you sure the email itself wasn't a spoof/phish? Whatever, go to the site directly and not through an email link. If you post the email & headers maybe we can confirm, or send it to [email protected] for confirmation.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought that too, that it was a spoof email to try to get me to click something in the email. Just don't know. Tell me again how to get all the info from the email, Please. Smile The headers etc. Thanks
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It depends on the email client - if it's gmail go to 'show original' I'm not sure about others but there'll be something somewhere like show details, view headers etc

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems like they are just wanting to send me updates or something too however, seems very fishy because, I never visited this site. This says I submitted my email address on 1/11/07. Confused

from ePro Auction <[email protected]> hide details 2:05 am (10 hours ago)
to [email protected]
date Jan 16, 2007 2:05 AM
subject Website Visit Confirmation
mailed-by liveverification.com

Dear ADAM: Please click here to confirm your email address.

Your address was submitted to
our ePro Auction site on 01-11-2007. We would like to verify your email address and acceptance of the Privacy Policy to complete your request.

Upon confirmation you will receive updates about our website,
special events, discount offers and other third party offers.

This information is free of charge and can be modified by you at any time.

Customer Service
E-Pro Auctions

If you do not wish to receive any information from us no action is required.
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In gmail, go into the actual message/email. Check top right-hand corner of the message window & you'll see a "Reply" button.
Next to the button is a small down arrow, click it and select "Show Original".
That will give you the full headers.
Go here: http://headertool.apelord.com/ and paste the email header in to have it analyzed or just copy the entire email inc. header and forward it to [email protected]

/EDIT: Really slow connection, so beaten to it. Just saw you copied the email above ^^^ It definately looks like a phish. Just report it to ebay...

/EDIT 2: Just had a look at http://www.liveverification... (full link see your email above - there is nothing to see there & what little there is smells phishy Confused

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, got it copied and pasted into an email to [email protected]. Thanks guys, for all your help. u da bom. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic