SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This makes me VERY ANGRY!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been maintaining my baits on an Angelfire website, mainly so that my friends and relatives could follow along.

This morning Angelfire has been experiencing technical problems.

When I updated the one active bait, it didn't save properly.....three quarters of it was lost!

When I updated the main page (not knowing of the active bait problem), it completely lost ALL of the contents!

Fortunately by using the back button and the "view source", I was able to save the HTML coding to a word document, which I hope to cut and paste back into the main page if Angelfire can ever get their act together on this one.

I could go off on what I want to have happen to those Angelfire people for screwing me like this, but since I want to have a future on this board I'm going to keep that to myself.

EDITED TO ADD: I thought I had lost the entire bait, but thanks again to the back button and "view source", the HTML for that one has been saved.

I'm still angry about this.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hint: prepare all of your html documents on your own computer, as Word if you must, preferably as ascii text, and cut&paste them onto the website - not the other way around.

And make copies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've sent in a trouble ticket to Angelfire, so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I am damn glad that I have the source code in a word document.

I hope no one else runs into this type of problem.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have all of the source code for my published baits on my PC at home and then a back up. If my webhost goes belly up, shuts me down, whatever, I can reload the whole thing somewhere else in a minute or two.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd never host anything important anywhere without ftp access (good old upload of finished documents, see web 1.0). Apart from that I guess you get what you pay for.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news! I was able to recover everything, including the bait!

Backups are worth their weight in gold.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry Kelly wrote:
... Backups are worth their weight in gold.

No. Correct preparation is worth it's weight in gold. Backups are just a part of it.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ I stand corrected.

Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And as far as backups go, you can't beat SDLT technology. LTO sucks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic