SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Does your family knows you're scambaiting?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Do they?

Yes...
69%
 69%  [ 53 ]
No...
30%
 30%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 76

Prince Jans
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this is a question I do to you all, my fellow scambaiters. If your parents/brothers/sisters/sons/whatever, know about the fact you practice this beautiful sport called "Scambaiting".

As for me, well, none of my family knows about it, since they are quite paranoid and think that the scammers can track you and kill you in your tracks, no matter how much proofs you present them that you play it safe (proxies, safe accounts, et al, and I'm smart enough to tell not my real info or a photo or send a picture of myself...).

Anyways, what do you have to say?

For the Fatherland!
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My sister read some of my baits and thought they were spooky - as if I was immersing myself too deeply or something; nothing about safety...

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Couple friends know, my wife knows about it, not sure shes knows if I bait or not. I told my mother about the eater, and she said "it's just not worth it. sounds dangerous."

"As an idiot who have not see money?Stupify away from me ungodly person." - Nugo

"I dream how we will sit at you at home I will
sit on your knees, you will iron my face, my legs." - Marina

pony Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Click here to support 419Eater.com

drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes they know.
what they find funny are the baiter names.

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ And it is a bloody good idea *not* to tell a relly what name you have given your latest alter ego when you visit them for dinner. Especially when you write on a scrap of paper and pass the note to your old mum. And most certainly not when said relly is busy masticating a morsel.

7/9

breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, they know....my Mom doesn�t really care about it, my Dad loves it and really enjoys it, when I tell him what the other baiters here do.(he also received Shivers book for christmas and is currently reading it), my sister finds it very funny too. And they are not concerned about my safety, since I told them from the beginning, that I am baiting safe Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not only do they know, they send on all scam mail they receive to me so it can be dealt with. Razz

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha yes, My dad (member here), Mother, and Brother know.
Dan Druff
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mrs Druff knows and my 15yo lass knows that I am 'doing something weird' but doesn't really know what it's all about. It annoys Mrs D when I have a fit of laughter reading some of the baits when she is trying to watch Corrie on telly.

Apart from that no one knows except for one very close friend.

PS Mrs D says I have to ask when February's lad calender will be available. I have to print them for her Very Happy

419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My sisters (at least one of them is a member here), my parents and two of my aunts (they think it's cleaver), my brother-in-law (who thinks karma will come and get me), my fiance (who humors me but isn't really interested, though he took out his frustration on one of my lads once..) and a few close friends. At work, my boss and one of the engineers know as well, though I never bait from work.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife KNEW about it, but then she yelled at me and told me to quit being a vigilante. Oh the joys of marriage! So, no- she does not know I bait.

A couple of friends think it is hysterical, but I only tell those that I trust because the wife would kill me!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My husband is the ONLY one and he gets a kick out of it. I can not get him to bait. That is fine!
Everyone else would think that I was insane. Shocked

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife has no clue, and would have absolutely no interest in it. Neither do my kids (too young), parents, sisters, brothers-in-law (brother-in-laws? what is the correct plural form?).

I've got a few friends who would thoroughly enjoy this, but to date, I don't think any of them has bothered.

I'm all alone! Sad (sniff)

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AWE!
We here....... Thumbs up

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not only does my family know, but they fully support it. My wife thinks that it is, "a nice relief" for me. The kids, especially my 11 year old son, loves it when some lad is traveling thousands of miles into nowhere. He even wants to join us and have Mini Me as his avatar.

Sometimes, when we have not that much to do early in the evening (which is the very early hours of the morning in Nigeria) we make all sorts of phone calls to the lads. Great family fun!

My best friend knows and has even helped out a bit once. He was the author of the Ordainment Cerimony instructions for the TWAT church.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My SO was first against all this, but after I got a lad to send us a new painting she's been ok with it Laughing
My sister keeps saying I should use my twisted mind to do something productive.
My brother just says "You're sick!" and laughs on top.
Most of my friends at work think this is a hilarious hobby, but some of them have started to fear me. (When we were in strike, I used to make the lads send me pictures of themselves holding placards with certain messages written on them... then I passed them to the scabs who were chopping my dolla FOR REAL).

Safari George Annan (Accra - Benin City)
Safari Dan (Accra - Lagos)

"HIS A BIG FRAUD. THE MESSAGE HE SENT TO ME IS A NIGERIA EANGLISH , I TRUST YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN GIVE YOU MY COMPANY PASSWORD TO CHECK THE MAIL HE SENT TO US."
"Just a thought. Maybe, you can get a well paid Mod job here." -Toomuchfun

Postwhores - gotta love 'em.
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@coronalight,

Thanks. And as long as you keep that avatar, I'll always stop at your posts! Wink

MommaBates
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My husband knows about eater, but doesnt know I bait. He saw LadVampire running on the computer and freaked the hell out the other day. Laughing "Gaahh! What if the police come?" As usual, I alleviated his fears and told him to hitch up his big girl panties and relax a bit.

I've explained the whole thing to him, and he just doesnt understand the motivation behind it. Oh well, maybe one day. Smile
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The family doesn't know I do this. They think I spend far too much time at the puter as it is. And they probably would think me a nutcase.

I have mentioned that I bait as a hobby to some people , but no one has ever asked about it.

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've asked my parents to send me any scam letters they receive. And I'm pretty sure they've seen the Scamorama book I keep as a bathroom reader.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes...my OH is supportive but not involved a lot, though a useful team player in times of crisis, my mum knows but doesn't really understand (so I have to keep a careful eye on her internet activities - but she is 79, bless her)

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a brother in Law who enjoys the trophy pix I send him, His sister, ie Hayley knows I do it, but with much eye rolling and head scratching. She has no idea why I want to torment a distant lad, or risk his retribution.

She can NEVER see the death threats in my signature. If she looks over my shoulder at one of my posts, I scroll down a bit so it goes out of sight.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roy- it sounds like we are married to the same person! My bro-in-law thinks it is hilarious. But the wife Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My immediate family and closest friends know about it. My wife had to be told seeing as I have a large folder full of semi and totally naked women on my PC, plus get "ladies" wanting to sweet talk to me on IM all the time.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My immediate family and my close friends know that I do this. I don't tell the women that I date that I do this until things are better established.

I was getting a lot of requests for "so what's the latest" that I decided to set up an Angelfire website so that they could read the latest for themselves.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic