SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

67 and a half hour security verification session

View next topic
View previous topic

Poll :: How many hours of security verification can a mugu withstand in a row?

30-40
26%
 26%  [ 19 ]
40-50
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
50-60
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
60-100
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
100+ (estimate until the MTCN with his pace)
30%
 30%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 71

Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is indeed possible that there are many mugus taking turns but the answers are fairly consistent (it could be though that they copy and paste the same part and then add something to it for every question). But then again, why would there be any breaks if there are many mugus doing it? Anyway, if there are - can you imagine the situation when the mtcn is "shown" and the mugu whose "shift" it was has to tell the others that he failed to get it?

Btw. just to check how many breaks he took and how long they were I intend to save the html and then do a few clever search and replaces so that I can copy all the data into openoffice calc and then check e.g. how many breaks exceeded 15 minutes.

Edit: Oh, I've forgotten to mention that this is pwwbear's pet so he/she should get the credit for getting the mugu this far - I just gave a new code since the one pwwbear gave was one for the old system.

Let your mugu too verify the security of payments:

Jolly Roger
YeaWhatever
unimaginable bastard pig
unimaginable bastard pig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how much 30 hours of cafe time costs.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, he must have had the session open all the time so even when he has taken a break they must have charged him for the time - so currently he's at 56+ hours of cafe time in a row. Some mugus have sent complaints after only a few hundred questions and asked customer care to "protect" their answers but for security reasons that has obviously not been possible. Quite strange that this mugu hasn't even asked yet.

Jolly Roger
YeaWhatever
unimaginable bastard pig
unimaginable bastard pig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, even if it is only one dollar per hour, that is quite a kick in the nuts. And I am guessing that it costs a bit more that that.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I consider it possible that it's a cafe owner or employee since opening hours don't seem to be a problem and breaks lasting just a few minutes are quite common so the mugu might be doing something else at the same time (i.e. serving customers). And to clarify my previous post about copying and pasting: He probably has e.g. notepad open and has answer templates for different questions there that he then copies in and adds whatever he thinks he has to, to make the answer satisfactory.

Jolly Roger
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still much more work than CTRL+V over and over again, so I'm happy enough Very Happy

Evil Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I copied the data until question no. 3330 into a spreadsheet and can tell the following about the breaks he - or they - have taken.
- 12 breaks are longer than 15 minutes
- 8 breaks are longer than 30 minutes
- the longest of those is two hours
- the rest are less than an hour
- the total time spent answering so far if we don't take into account breaks longer than 15 minutes is 48 and a half hours

And he's still at it and has just passed 50 %.

Jolly Roger
Fraud Star
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phenomenal! It's got to be a group effort though.

Even if it were just one mugu plugging along, wouldn't he still need someone to at least "guard" his computer when he takes a break?
Hobo Joe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is fantastic, even if it's a group effort these mugus aren't going to be happy when they find out they wasted all their time Very Happy
Fraud Star
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This just gave me an idea for another "security" feature that would really infuriate the lads:

After the test gets to 30% or so, the script could repeat some of the questions from the beginning of the test, and if the lad's answer is not exactly the same as before, they get bumped down by a percentage (or have to start over).

It wouldn't exactly prevent lads from working together, but it would force them to keep track of every single answer they put in, in case the question comes up again later on.
Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Fraud Star: The thing is that mugus would never understand what such a requirement means so they would just give up - we want them to think that they're really making progress.

He's up to 60+ hours of cafe time now and the prediction that if he can keep it up he'll catch a glimpse of the MTCN on Thursday morning is still fairly accurate. Since he's already half-way through (54 % as I write this) I think it's quite likely that unless there's some technical problem he won't give up - he has already tried it a few times before this session so I guess he has realized that he'll have to start from scratch if he stops.

Jolly Roger
nikora
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

60 hours... how much is the payment supposed to be ?

I really doubt an hour of internet cafe is as much as 1 dollar as someone suggested.

...I just googled it, seems to be about 100N=$.8 per hour in Lagos (200N in Abuja), still expensive. It costs less by the hour if using many hours, about $.5 per hour. If the lad would be paying, his bill would be about $30 now.

I found this article while checking the price of the internet cafes.
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There needs to be a Trophy for this baiter. Maybe the lad also.

Very Happy

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
meyer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You know, normally I think we should not tell mugus that they were baited and everything. But in this case here, well, I think you can get an awesome death threat out of this mugu. I think he should be told the truth. Laughing Laughing

"I AM VERY MUCH AWARE OF YOUR CONCERNS BUT I HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IO MA NOT A CRIMINAL AND WONT ACCEPT TO BE TREARTED AS ONE SINCE JUST BECAUSE I HAVE ASKED FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE." " Mrs. Kokou Williams.

"Thanks but no thanks as your days are numbered." Paul George

Fake banks killed: 334
nikora
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^He should be told, but he has to see the MTCN first.
Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If we consider the time that he has had it going on even though he has taken breaks he has by now exceeded 60 hours and thus most of those who have voted so far underestimated how persistent a mugu can be. If we only count the time with questions answered with less than 15 minute intervals, he should have 60+ hours by noon (GMT) since the total time of breaks in excess of 15 minutes is approximately eight hours (more details in my post above). Some of his answers are sloppy but he's still trying to give elaborate answers and use the made up words the meaning of which he doesn't know, i.e. he still answers like this:
Quote:
Answer: I have no idea of cequfal activity but if against the law or supports terrorism,i'll call the law enforcement agencies

And yes, he's still at it as I write this.

Jolly Roger
Fraud Star
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most impressive. So barring any unforseen circumstances like a browser crash or power outage, we're looking at a projection of more than 100 hours to "finish," if he can maintain the pace.

Wish there were lads filming this historic event.
jgalt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know how else to say it, but is f****ing awsome!

OMG, I'm dieing! Not dieting, dieing!

I'm trying it out (email just sent) on a mugu I've been dangling with for over a year now. I'm hoping he/she will be so crazed with rage and anger that....

I'll get some new sig material! Bwahahahahahaha! Twisted Evil

Unbelievably creative and useful. Wow.

THANKS FOR THE GOOD NEWS,WELL LIFE IS NOT GOING WELL AS WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD FOR A GOOD CONTRACTS TO SHOWCASE MY ADULT BIZ IN PHORNOGRAPHY. -- SMITH PETER

Also I am very surprised that you suddenly started calling me Mr. Chuck, What kind of man are you? -- Prof. Charles "Chuck" Soludo

"Holy Ghost..... FIYAH!!! Holy Ghost....FIYAH!!!" -- Rason Makolu (Invoking God's own artillery against Soundboard Satan)
Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, his pace is very slow compared to other mugus but he has been quite consistent - 58 questions per hour, which means that if he finishes it with the same pace the total time spent will be 110+ hours. So, as I've said, he should fail to get the MTCN after 5 AM (GMT) on Thursday.

Edit: And he's still at it.

Jolly Roger

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Minnow
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, God. I may need a new keyboard. This just made me spit tea onto mine.

ImageImageImageImage

"i know you are the one i have left this box for you" ~ Henri Pierre

"Firstly let me say here that you are a liar.Don't you know that am seen the bank on daily basis?" ~ Bar Philip

"you are stupid do not you know.you are very stupid by talking to the bank authority like that plus that you are trying to claim something that does not belong to you " ~ Moris Campos
jgalt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My mugu's a lazy arse. Answered 5 questions and stopped!

What a wanker! Well he can just kiss that imaginary $5K away. The nerve...

Of course it's probably a very inconvenient time in Western Africa right about now. Awwwww. Twisted Evil

THANKS FOR THE GOOD NEWS,WELL LIFE IS NOT GOING WELL AS WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD FOR A GOOD CONTRACTS TO SHOWCASE MY ADULT BIZ IN PHORNOGRAPHY. -- SMITH PETER

Also I am very surprised that you suddenly started calling me Mr. Chuck, What kind of man are you? -- Prof. Charles "Chuck" Soludo

"Holy Ghost..... FIYAH!!! Holy Ghost....FIYAH!!!" -- Rason Makolu (Invoking God's own artillery against Soundboard Satan)
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Still going strong!

Quote:
Mugu Timestamp: 18/12/2006 20:11:44 GMT-8
Server timestamp: 19/12/2006 08:12:06 GMT
Question #: 4050
Question: Which party did you support in the war - the FVQ or the RPN?
Answer: I did not support any of these party because i don't know what they stand for

Laughing

Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So how many Q's was he set? 7000? That kind of insane thinking, in setting the questions I mean, needs to be applauded. A golden 100 hour clock thingy in the signature or something.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Scrooge McDuck
Evil Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That session has ended now - the mugu has started another session in which he has answered just one question but it must mean that he has given up on the one that he had going on. The last answer in that one was at 19/12/2006 08:19:49 GMT so the session lasted 67 and a half hours and in total he answered 4067 questions (the daily HOF update was run before he gave up so it only shows 4035 but that will be corrected when it's run again tomorrow). I'll check the breaks with openoffice calc later.

And just in case anybody has missed it - here's a link to the session:

His answers have been quite elaborate all the time.

Jolly Roger
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer to Question 3 is interesting:

Quote:
Mugu Timestamp: 16/12/2006 01:03:52 GMT-8
Server timestamp: 16/12/2006 13:04:08 GMT
Question #: 3
Question: What is your date of birth?
Answer: My birth date is 19 april 1973