SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not insisting on WU

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm baiting a Russian vlad that begs me to help her with money. As usual, she went to the bank and learned about WU: simple, fast and secure. I told her that my bank has a different opinion and they advised me not to use WU, because it's not secure. She then said she has no bank account so other types of transfers are not possible; WU would be most suitable. I proposed to send $10 via WU to allow her to open a new bank account, so that I could send the larger amount of money in a more secure way.

But unexpectedly, she now doesn't insist on paying through WU, but instead said that I could pay to her uncle's bank account. I have now the name of the bank, account number and name of the owner. I assume this is a real account, since (s)he wants real money from me. Is there anything I can do with this, like reporting it? Could it be that I now got the scammer's real name and real bank account?

I don't know much about international banking and money transfers, but isn't it unusual that beside the account details of the recipient, it also says:

[...] Details of account on JOINT-STOCK COMMERCIAL BANK [...]
VIA CORRESPONDENT ACCOUNT: <snip>
"VTB Bank (Deutschland) AG", Frankfurt/Main, Germany
SWIFT: OWHBDEFF

Does this mean the money would get routed through this German bank before going to Russia? Why so?
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Means (s)he has found someone there with that info that prob is receiving a cheque and sending the cash by WU to your average scambler... Perhaps you can ask your bank/police/whatever to monitor the account?
Don't expect a scammer, probably just a victim

Closed lad accounts
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What? A swiss who doesn't know about international banking?????

Very Happy

You have verified it's a Russian, by looking at the email headers???

The Russians usually don't get that creative, but nothing is impossible.
This account could belong to a cohort, or even a willing victim who will send the money along to her.
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, and I can't yodel either. *shock* Very Happy

I once checked the location and it was Russia, but now I notice that the majority of the mails trace to Berlin, Germany... That'll teach me to only verify one mail. However that IP resolves to cache1.skydsl.de, which (judged by its name) is probably a proxy. Since a few mails indeed came from Russia, I guess my vlad is really there and uses a German proxy.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If that's a real bank account, please read stickyhttp://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49146 and report it to [email protected] with the complete email, of course header included

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic