SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Has anyone run accross this one before

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hawk3487
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jane1tx1.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jane3mi8.jpg

She came on to me saying she was in Arizona even supplied a North American phone number I would expect it was somehow connected through a computer server. After talking a few week she told me of a business trip she had to go on the next thing I know I get the "I'm stranded in Nigeria" and need to cash my check that is in US funds and no one will accept it here as I don't have a Nigerian passport. I'm not a baiter I just seem to have been bombarded with these the last little while some I spot at the begining and walk away this one I didn't catch on to until we had been talking for a while. She calls herself Jane Edward
Bugsey
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, Hawk---
I am new here too and I am always amazed, educated,entertained and sometimes pissed at the junk we are lured into by these scammers. If you will check out the posts here on this forum you will see that you have received a stock standard scam letter which is designed by a guy to relieve you of all your hard earned cash. Can't stress more strongly the importance of reading what others have written here. You will become educated in a hurry. I find these folks here helpful and funny.

BTW I am just curious, how did you hear about this site 419eater?

Cheers!!!!
Hawk3487
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got suspisious of the emails and started to check what was going on one of the emails I got was from a woman calling herself Katy Williams from Nigeria I ran the name though a search engine and was directed to the 419 sites. From there I found this. Now as a result I have block a few people and shut down a few emails I had unfortunatly this Jane has email addresses I can't shut down which is a pitty so I am hoping she will just get tried of being blocked and go away. This site is fasinating to say the least and being I'm here I think I will drop a few more pictures on it so others might watch out or maybe even go after.

This is another internet dater that showed a little creativity she didn't ask for money for a passport or flight she just asked for a few hundred dollars so she could throw a birthday party. I must admit it struck me as origional I wonder how many would actually fall for something like that
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8630/fen2fc3.jpg

This one had a profile in a dating service where she got my email from in it she describes herself as from New Jersey 6 foot 1 with blonde hair and blue eyes. After talking for a while and when she tryed to get me to send her money to pay for some exams at a university in Nigeria I said I would not send money to someone I had never seen then I got the picture.
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8630/fen2fc3.jpg
Remarkable how close she looks to her description isn't it.
I liked this one as when she sent the name and other informaiton to the so called head of admissions at the University I checked the name against the staff registry and when the name which I never thought would be there in the first place I sent her back an email asking her to confirm the spelling of his name as it did not appear anywhere on the site. I never heard from her again.

So far without trying I have now 8 different contacts that I have had to cut off as each one was trying some type of scam. I just wish if they want to do this be creative at least show some initiative.
Bugsey
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wuhaaaaa,haaa! Yeh, what dumb arses they are. But by reading here I find that a lot of people are actually taken in by the scammers lies and do infact send money sometimes. Have you read this article in wired mag? It is great and the links direct you to some outrageous photos of what Mr. Metimbers did to turn the tables on the scammers to create the funniest dam schtick I think I have ever seen.

People like you and me often post the e mail addresses of those scammers who harass us so we can run them around the fields and make them "pets"

The motto here is BAIT SAFE-- and you should read the posts about it, means don't give anybody any personal info nohow, noway. http://www.wired.com/news/technology/internet/0,71387-0.html?tw=rss.index

Hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do---if you have any questions post it and one of these obviously and blatantly insane folks will be happy to oblige

Cheers--
Baron Von Raschke
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those are textbook examples of how these scumbags operate.
Read some posts and the stickies in 'helpful hints and tips' for some great ideas how to handle these dirtbags

welcome to the eater Cool

Barr. Uche wrote:
'you did'nt not tell me of the the proper MTCN numer again!'
The Zip Code babe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi fellow scambaiters,

I haven't read all the discussions - I'm here because I'm hot on the trail of my first 'mugu' - (I guess we also call dating scammers 'mugus'?) He's a textbook novice, but hot to trot- with the nomme de gurre to boot, a.k.a. a self-employed businessman dealing in arts and crafts. I've played him into confessing his dire predicament within a week - wow, they don't call me the Zip Code babe for nuttin'. Anyhow. predictably (some would add boringly) he has no money to get his new purchases across the border from the Republic of Benin into Nigeria. So, what, I ask? Well: here's the deal. I'm willing to share him. So: Contact me if you would like to join in the hunt and partake in the kill. Let's store our live bait in his e-mail address.

* More detail on request

The Zip Code: 04 September 2006

Rule 1: a real mugu is one who plays both sides of the fence
'Short' story for the day:
'Never fear Destiny; embrace Him.' they said. HE said,'Never fear, Destiny. embrace me.' SHE did. Be the cause (bcos), irie (praise the lord), destiny is a sure thing.
Fulfilment of Destiny: 'Will Destiny ever part ways with his Love?' she wondered. 'We'll cross that bridge when we get to it,' he said.

EmBRACE your inner MUGU!
scambuster11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

btw...I have met Sgt. Stephen Truick and his boss some months ago when I went to interview the met police on why they refuse to go after the mugus and romos, their response " we believe in raising public awareness instead of going after them"
this means : mugus, romos and other cybercriminals have the safest heaven in england !

you can see the interview on zdf tv -wiso wispo ermittelt in german
broadcast july 4th me thinks

i have several places where the scammers work regularly and british police simply refuses to even investigate !

god shave the queen !

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems the little lady just won't quit even if I don't answer she is still trying to get me to respond but I won't just made I can't just kill that address but that is out of my hands.
I took some ideas from this site and started running her name and her email address came up with a few hits I think the best is at this address http://www.me.com/lovelygirl4love/ This web page tells everything she told me and many of the things she wrote about herself in three differnt dating sites of course the picture well you have to look to understand and compare it to how is is today. Tehn you may understand why I am saying...It is amazing the plastic surgery she must of went through in the past few months see this one she sent to me yesterday Image

Truthfully if you look at the face in the URL I think she should sue the surgen she could win that case real easy.
Hawk3487
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I started this post to see if anyone had run into this girl before as I was having a hard time getting rid of her. Since that time she has driven me nuts to the point of deciding to see what I could find out about her on the net so far I have found links to her at these sites and the pictures she uses at a talent agency site.

http://www.rawclub.com/view.php?l=default&id=04070
http://www.me.com/lovelygirl4love/
http://www.edate.com/online-dating/profile/lovelygirl/39824
Notice the face I found the pictures she sent to me at this site
http://www.focusagencyhawaii.com/view_female_models.htm

Now if anyone wants a shot at her her email address is [email protected] at least the one she is using now. Have fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic