SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

http://www.in-ist-drin.de/

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

not so sure if this is a "fake" site or what.

I have received Mails on a dating site referring to the site mentioned above.
As soon as I registered for free I received an inviting message from this cute looking member which had already been banned on the other site.
To answer the cutie I need to have the Premium Membership which is 99� for 9 months. (no short term possible)

so is this a fake Love / Dating site, or are they just using "unique" advertisement to recruit paying members?

oh, and as soon as I hit the unsubscribe button another member contacted me Rolling Eyes
(with a suspiciously professsional looking picture)

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
BluesMan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is actually a fairly standard ploy used by fee based dating sights convert free registrants to paid members. Several sites in the U.S. recently settled on some fraud charges related to this behavior. Other sites use similar tactics, but attempt to protect themselves by flagging the note with some identifying mark (but not a very obvious one). So, no it's probably not a date scammer, just an ethically chanllenged marketing department.
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
thanks for the insight, I guess it works on non baiters,
anyone who spends just a brief time here is being turned into a really suspicious bastard, I guess
exept for those who didn't need turning of cause

haven't seen a dating site where it was required to pay to answer, just pay to make first contact, or pay to get all features, etc.

the other site's admin has been informed and they are quick on the BANNED button.

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic