SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I need help...is he for real?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also have another picture of him and doesnt have that black edging around his body. When I get home tonight I will try to post it. Well, I dont know where that Charity Church in UK is..he told me he would give me the address and such. I am drawing to the conclusion that this guy is scamming me and if that is so, once I got all the information I need to bust him. Now I feel like I am leading him on and he is taking it. I am trying to not put my heart into it, like someone said before, but this guy had me hooked, but I do have that one foot out the door.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry he's been playing you like this. These scammers are very persuasive and manipulative, especially if they find someone who trusts and likes them. Just be thankful you found out in time. If he has a lot of personal information about you then the best thing to do is simply stop all contact with him no matter how much he pleads with you and let him swing in the wind. If you tell him you know he's a scammer he might get nasty and that can be dangerous if he knows how to track you down.

This kind of thing makes the whole internet dating game even more risky so now you know some of the warning signs I hope you have better luck next time and find a genuine guy instead of a sleaze like this one.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
pppinsider
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite123 wrote:
I<Snip> Well, I dont know where that Charity Church in UK is..he told me he would give me the address and such. I am drawing to the conclusion that this guy is scamming me and if that is so, <Snip> but I do have that one foot out the door.

Well it's about time you realised you are being scammed, although you still use the word "if"....

There's no IF involved from what i've seen, he IS a scammer.

Let us know which <cough> charity church he is going to refer to, and we'll check it out. - I can guarantee it'll be a scam.

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite123 wrote:
Description:
GRANGE FOUNDATIONs a non- profit, non-governmental organisation dedicated to gender dev. Upliftment of the resources, poor and under privileged members of the society through the total dev. of mankind in a health and conducive environment. It is a membership organisation founded and registered in Nigeria in 1996 with head quarters. In Lagos state of west Africa. The organisation was a vision as follow, Eradication of poverty, gender discrimination, and provision of a better life for the African child.

BUSTED! This text matches nearly word for word the description of an organization called CEGARD. I googled part of the text and, amazingly, found nothing about the Grange Foundation, but I did find THIS
www.wangonet.org looks plenty real to me.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite123 wrote:
I am trying to not put my heart into it, like someone said before, but this guy had me hooked, but I do have that one foot out the door.

Flyakite

This is what these scammers do. They first get you emotionally involved and then nail you for money. Often times you are asked to cash a fake check or send money via Western Union.

One of our baiters here met a man online and months later after being completely commited to him, he sent her fake money orders to the tune of 40,000. She will now spend many years repaying that money to the bank.

That said, I seriously suggest you not bait this lad as you are emotionally involved. Learn from the expereince and move on. If you want to help the cause, sign up with a new gmail account and bait some other love scammers. There are thousands on the internet.

If you'd like any more support/advise on this, send me a pm Very Happy

Excellent find Slayerfaith Thumbs up

What Slayerfaith points out in her post above is very typical of the lads. They will steal text from a real site and use it as their own. In some cases they will create fake websites using the info from a real organization.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Lotta- thx Smile

@Flyakite- I hope you realize that we are going full-tilt-boogie on this only because we are concerned about you. There are plenty of ways that love scammers exploit their victims, even if said victim has no money to send... and most of them can and have put love scam victims in jail.
A few examples:

1. Cash a fake/ stolen/ scam victim cheque- As has been mentioned, this is the 2nd most common method love scammers use (next to straight out "send me money"). Ray will need money, but can't get a cheque cashed because he is in Africa. He will ask you to deposit the cheque into your account and tell you not to send the money until it "clears". What he's hoping you won't know is that the funds will be made available to you weeks or even months before the cheque comes back fake or stolen. If the cheque is fake, the bank will recall the funds, your account will be emptied and possibly overdrawn, and you may face charges for cashing a fake cheque. If the cheque is stolen or sent by another victim of the scam, all of the above applies, except you may find yourself facing felony money laundering charges.

2. Forward donations/ supplies to the orphanage- Here, Ray won't be able to have supplies bought or donated to the orphanage shipped directly there, and will ask you to receive them and send them on to him in Africa. The reality is that you would be receiving goods bought with stolen credit cards and sending them out of the country. You guessed it, "receiving stolen goods" will NOT go down well with the cops when the paper trail leads straight to your door.

3. Forwarding snail mail- Ray may ask you to forward or receive mail from contributors or friends to save on postage. What he WON'T tell you is that the "mail" is full of fake/ stolen/ or victim cheques, which you are to send to other victims to be cashed. He needs you to send them because he has told his other vics that either he or his "payee", "investor", whoever are located in your country. Having the cheques sent from a US, Aussie, European, etc. addy will make him look more legitimate to his other vics. As you might imagine, this is also cheque kiting and/or money laundering and could get you in very deep trouble when the paper trail, again, leads to your front door.

As Lotta mentioned, some of the members here have seen firsthand what can happen to victims of these scams. A little over a month ago, I stumbled on the contact info of a love scam victim and warned her... a few hours too late. She will be making payments on the fake cheque she cashed for at least the next 5 years.

If we seem a bit cynical, we do have good reason.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka

Naked Mod pics!
star
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I truely appreciate everyone's concern, suggestion and important information. I am soooo glad I found this site because who knows what other steps I would have taken with Ray. My next step is how am I going to break it off without him getting upset. Theses people are like snakes and move in and around people...incrediable. I know a few of you suggested how to break it off, but not approach him saying he is a scammer. Any suggestions?
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I tried to insert another picture of Ray, but it wasnt working..Wayne, I hope you dont mind me sending it to you again via email so you can post it....[/img][/url]
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Easy - just stop ALL communication with him. Now. Forget letting him down gently with this 'breaking up' thing, that's your heart speaking again. He's a lowlife scamming bastard lying douchebag - remember that at all times and don't reply to his emails or phone calls no matter how convincing or pathetic or 'heartbroken' he appears to be. He's upset for sure but that's because he's lost a victim he thought he had on the hook to scam some easy money from, he really doesn't give a crap about you personally. Harsh but true. Sorry.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Carmen Sandiego
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a thread I wanted to direct you to, but I can't find it now. Recently a young man came on here because his father had found a new girlfriend online (I want to think she said she was in Brazil, but I could be wrong). This guy came on asking us for help and tried to tell his father, who for the longest time wouldn't listen. When he finally did listen, he fessed up to already having sent her quite a bit of money (anybody know the link I'm talking about?)

You are very VERY lucky. Collect this guy's info, pass it along to one of the more experienced users, and thank your lucky stars while you think about if you want to join in and bait yourself.

I'm really glad you found us as soon as you did. Smile
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher has the right of it. The easiest way is to block him from your email and YIM, and don't answer his calls. If you leave him any way to get to you, he will go full out to reel you back in. As for getting him arrested, that is near impossible, as he is using a fake name and prepaid mobile phone. Its time for you to look out for yourself and get out.

Naked Mod pics!
star
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Again, you guys are great....here is more info I pulled up...check out this IM that was sent to me one morning by surprise:

"[b]Raymond bala (8/6/2006 3:43:15 AM): Irrepaceable I have never in my life met someone more beautiful, enjoyable, loving, and comforting as you. Since the very first day that you smiled at me I knew there was something very special about you. I had no idea then that I would fall in love, but now that I have, I am so grateful. I am grateful for us to have wandered into one another's world so softly and unexpectedly. Nature took its course on our hearts and joined them in a way never imaginable."
Romantic, isnt it? lol..sheesh

Here is page 2 of his information on his "charity". That phone number for the UK is his, but I tried using it, and I could not get through.
GRANGE FOUNDATION
We are a non-profit registered organization dedicated to aiding and helping the children of Africa. We strive to provide the basic necessities of life to these children who have not been accorded the luxury of such basic needs. These include food, clothing and shelter. In addition to this we provide the children with basic education and skills to enable them lead and live better lives when they eventually start fending for themselves.
We started operations in February 1996 and became a registered body under the NGO in December 2000 in Cotonou, Republic du Benin. Since then we have been able to expand and build orphanages in Cotonou and Nigeria to house about 200 children in total. These orphanage homes have become a place of relief and a home for these kids.
This project has been supported by voluntary donations by people who deem it fit to help the needy and who have the human feeling and view that children of Africa deserve to lead better lives.
The Grange Foundation was founded and institutioned by a team of 12 members. Soliciting for donations was mostly within Africa, until 2002 when one of its founding members extended and expanded its soliciting for donations to the shores of Europe and Asia. Since then a good number of donations have been received by complete strangers who have been good enough to assist the children of Africa.
The names of the founding members include:
1. James Anderson 3rd
2. Evans Smith
3. Stephanie Ola
4. Becky Smith
5. Raymond C. Bala 2nd
6. George Stache
7. Roland Smith
8. Okpara Chigozie
9. Sharon Douglas
10. Egobiah Michael
11. Zangwado Kamotu
12. Sonny Maxwell

Donation collection
Representatives of the organization in different countries where we are privileged to have them collect donations. All interested donors willing to make donations do well to call any of these phone lines to know which donor is closest to your area.
+447-031911433 (UK)
+234-8033864511 (Nigerian)
+229-076954 (BENIN)
For those interested donors who are interested in sending donations directly to the ORG could do so via either of the under-listed money transfer agents.
a. Western Union Money Transfer
b. Money Gram
Donations can be made in either cash or cash equivalents. There are designated accounts where bank transfers can be made. For more information, please contact the nearest representative to your location.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a full translation of all that:

blah blah blah blah bullshit blah
Western Union Money Transfer
Money Gram

blah bullshit blah blah blah blah

Wink

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
a. Western Union Money Transfer
b. Money Gram

Well I for one am SHOCKED!!! Wink

Let me just say I'm glad you had the smarts to come here before getting tricked into sending any money to this scammer. More power to you for it Very Happy

Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite123 emailed me this pic of him as well and asked that I post it for her.

Sorry I didn't get to it before but yesterday was a nightmare of a day Crying or Very sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's a good looking bloke for sure (all the better to scam you with) but I'd almost guarantee this isn't the actual guy who's been sending the emails and phone calls.

Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get him on webcam Wink

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I havent thought about getting a webcam or asking him about that. I to am happy it didnt get any further. I do have to say that a good friend of mine was the one that told me about these scammers because she was almost scammed twice and even to the point where she rec'd the checks but never cased them. When she told me that Ray could be a scammer I was shocked but I guess I was nieve at the point where I should not trust everyone on line 100%. It just shows how these scammers are getting out of control. I have not heard from Ray since yesterday morning. I am so sure his "heart" will be broken (cry cry) once I break it off. I'll probably need you guys till this transition is over. You all have been such a great support to me that I cannot thank you enough. Wayne, thanks for posting Ray's second picture for me. Yes, he is a handsome guy and what is funny is we both thought we made a great couple! haha....
Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite, I was pretty much joking. What I meant by that is he isn't the guy in the picts. So if you were to ask him to get on a webcam so you could see him live, he most likely wouldn't have it. It's best to just drop him like you're doing. Good luck, and I'm glad he didn't get any further!

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
Carmen Sandiego
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do the Love Scammers pay for memberships to these dating sites? I could see where it could be a very lucrative investment for them, but then again doesn't the scammer code say not to pay for anything you don't have to?

flyakite123, if you don't mind my asking, was this one of those dating sites that charge a fee? I know very few that don't, but I know that on some of them you can get free accounts.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite123 wrote:
"[b]Raymond bala (8/6/2006 3:43:15 AM): Irrepaceable I have never in my life met someone more beautiful, enjoyable, loving, and comforting as you. Since the very first day that you smiled at me I knew there was something very special about you. I had no idea then that I would fall in love, but now that I have, I am so grateful. I am grateful for us to have wandered into one another's world so softly and unexpectedly. Nature took its course on our hearts and joined them in a way never imaginable."

Double busted! Very romantic.... and very stolen:
CLICKY

Naked Mod pics!
star
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I met him on American Singles Dating site and yes, you need to pay for membership. In order to email, which he did to me on that site, you have to pay a membership fee, which I believe was about $20 a month.

www.Americansingles.com
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

99 times out of 100, scammers pay for their dating site memberships.... with stolen credit card info, of course.

Naked Mod pics!
star
cdahl
Wannabe Baiter

Location: a little up the road from the habitations and the towns we know

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Carmen Sandiego: Here is the <A HREF="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79370&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=0b42f6e71602f01fba19afe465ace0b7">link to the lovescammer post</a> about the guy whose father got scammed by a "Brazilian model" in Nigeria. The father had already been scammed out of a fair amount of money, and it took a while before he really believed - but he was at least kept from losing more.

@flyakite: I'm really sorry to hear you've been scammed, but as others have said, you're very fortunate to have found this place before you did. Had it not been for a random comment the son made to someone who happens to be a baiter here about his father's "model girlfriend in Nigeria" coming to visit, the father might very well still be sending money. Drop him, pass his info on to other baiters, and try your hand at baiting if you're so inclined. Good luck!

EDITed to correct spelling.

"I want to know I have wasted a lot of time dealing with you because I have other things are doing so you have to follo my instructions." -Barr. Charles

"[I]t;s true that is it a different email,we used to discuss,but my children played with it,when i slept,i forgot to turn my laptop off. and it's God that make me to write down your only email address." - Recurring Phonelad

[Donate to 419Eater.com]

Last edited by cdahl on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carmen Sandiego
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, there it is. Thank you very much.

Your linky wasn't showing up for me, so here it is from tiny.

http://tinyurl.com/r8uj9
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic