SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This forum

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SilverShadow
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds to me like I'm being exploited as a British tax payer.

I'd love to know how he funded his education in the UK and how he justifies taking a place, receiving the education then running away from the UK as fast as the first flight home will take him.

That University place could be used by somebody who will qualify then make use of their new skills in a UK hospital for the benefit of the tax payers who no doubt are funding his education.

This makes me sick and it makes tens of millions of UK tax payers sick too.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Segun,

This may be echoing what other people have said. I didn't have time to read all these replies because I am busy trying to stop SCAMMERS from SCAMMING people like you and me. Scammers don't only exist in your country, they are everywhere. When I get an email from a scammer, I don't automatically say "LOOK A NIGERIAN!".... I say "LOOK A SCAMMING BASTARD PIG!" Rolling Eyes

A scammer, is a scammer, is a scammer... And I have no love for anyone who saps hard earned money off of people trying to make an honest living.. And if you think these scammers only target "westerners", please look again. Do your research before you form an opinion on something. They scam anyone who will believe thier story.. And YES Segun, even Nigerians get scammed..

You're saddened by the content of this forum? *I* am saddened by the fact that someone would come up in here and DEFEND the scammers. That's sick.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you the same "Segun" who is registered at the Nairaland Forums? If so, go over there and start a topic talking about scammers and see how fast they come down on you!

I've been a member there since Feb. of this year and from what I have seen and read, really concerned Nigerians have no tolerence for 419 scammers.

If you are not a member, I suggest you go and sign up. You might actually learn something about your own country.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My opinion of this person is that he/she is not a doctor, nor is he/she from Nigeria. I think this is just some turd trying to get us all wound up.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17

Last edited by YeaWhatever on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just got to this so I need to put my 2 cents in while I have not read *all* of the replies. I just don't have the time, sorry.

First, to members who seem to need to make personal attacks (i.e. Klaasvaak) but any of you who did the same. You don't need to make these attacks on someone you know nothing about with no support for your agrument. If one of the points of this site is to educate, then we have to give visitors the chance to express a concern and aliviate those concerns with facts and data, not attacks.

For my side of the argument, I have been invovled in this for 3 years. In that time I have not assumed a nationality for any scammers I have seen. I started assuming mostly east European origin but discovered this not to be the case. Although they do come from all over the world, the majority of the advance fraud fee scams do come from Africa. I wouldn't say Nigeria specifically, but definately West Africa. If it seems we target Nigerians, this could be the reason.

I can't speak for any members reason to be here. The valued and respected members are not racist and do not make assumptions as to scammers. They are thieves and criminals, that is all. When we do find someone who is here only because of racist tendencies, we do take acting, through attitude adjustment or banning if appropriate.

If you feel you are being treated inappropriately, please report it to any mod you see on line.

The rest of you can leave the troll decisions to the moderating staff.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I target scammers, not Nigerians. Very Happy

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If you do not understand these circumstances and only take the outcome at face value then you are burying your head in the sand.

Actually, Segun, we have several Nigerians on this forum who help us in our work - in fact, one of our senior moderators is a Nigerian, who is sickened by the relentless scamming coming out of his country because he knows that, ultimately, Nigeria is the loser.

He understands the circumstances better than anyone I know, and he is an enthusiastic and active participant in what we do. It is you, unfortunately, who are burying your head in the sand.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Inspector
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoaa, I get tied up with work and other baiting activities for 18 hours and find this Exclamation

@Segum we are not racist. Colour, religion etc are never sought from the people we deal with. Religion can be referrred to in the scammers emails, but for no other reason than to elicit a spirit of kinship in the victim. Any racism demonstrated by members of this forum is dealt with by the moderators by removal of the member.

If Nigerians are targetted more than other nationalities, then perhaps your own countrymen are the ones to blame in this? You might be interested in the following table which came from another site and relates to attempts to break into a protected website in prder to harvest email addresses.

Yes I know statistics can be made to show what you want, but the figures in here a probably a fair reflection of my own catcher accounts. Other members may find otherwise.

Why don't you see for yourself? Open a yahoo or hotmail email account and leave your address in some guestbooks. Then sit back and watch!

Edit - Can someone help with the resize please? Photobucket does not look to have resized it properly and I don't have access to any decent image software.

Banks & other faker sites
3x Nigeria China 14x United Kingdom 2x Benin Ghana United Nations Austria 2x Ghana 6x Malaysia South Africa

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"I also said that I did not condone criminality of any kind. What you do not seem to understand is that nobody is born a criminal. They are made into criminals by their circumstances."

I'm also going to jump on this statement.......In my opinion this statement is absolute HORSE SHITE... I was born with God given talent and the awareness to be a thief if I so chose... My family's financial and economic situation, post WWll, could have been used as a lame excuse if desired...However here I sit, a member of this community, guilty only of my own personal torments and a speeding ticket in 1978....

If you are indeed a 100% risky free M.D. then I lend pause to ponder the question. What the hell are you doing googling 419???

To quote a very close spiritual friend of mine..."Fuck off and stay Fucked off"..

Yours sincerely.

Les.

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps a mod could add that graph to the FAQ or an appropriate sticky for future reference. Of course, we'll then be accused of skewing the stat's and formatting the question to get the answer we're looking for... Rolling Eyes

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Old Coaster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Talking of skewed stats. How about this:-

FACTS TO PONDER:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 .

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:
Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

United Kingdom Nigeria United Kingdom Spain
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have read all posts and have pondered whether I should reply. I respect a person's right to their freedom of expression and their own beliefs.

@Segun, in your first post you asserted:

Quote:
Its like saying that all Muslims are terrorists or all Irishmen are stupid. This is not true.

No, that is not what I consider a valid analogy. No-one here actually created the stereotype. You did. All Muslims are Muslims. All Irishmen are Irishmen. ALL CRIMINALS ARE CRIMINALS.

Where a person conducts their nefarious activities from is not an issue. The fact they do is.

(Note: Many of the bank phishing scam emails I receive originate from China, I have recently have had a scam email that appears to be from Spain. I also regularly receive dating scam emails from Russia). The phenomenon is global, and not restricted just to West Africa.

If it is of any interest to you, I personally have received very few solicitations from Nigeria but many from a neighbouring country, Burkina Faso. In every one of these emails, the perpetrators of this odious past-time have made the brazen claim they are representatives from the African Development Bank, a very respectable African Institution.

Is it reasonable for me to stand idly by when I know these scammers are using the reputation and international standing of this institution to commit their crimes? I don't fucking think so. I think of the victims, and the potential victims long before I consider being nice to a criminal.

'Nuff Said.

7/9

Dirteh Sanchez
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

segun wrote:
I believe I am being exploited.

Your being exploited?
What about the taxpayer who is paying your way through so you can go back and never repay a dime?

Killed Scammer Banks >200 (gave up counting longgggggg ago.) Jolly Roger x5 x2 Mortar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
all Irishmen are stupid

yep you are a first class idiot

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are we all sufficiently bored with this yet?

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
catty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YeaWhatever wrote:
My opinion of this person is that he/she is not a doctor, nor is he/she from Nigeria. I think this is just some turd trying to get us all wound up.

agreed
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your insight catty. Lights out.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If she was trying to get us wound up she failed. This was a pretty tame reaction.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic