SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Jay Gatsby (millionare extraordinare) vs. CMEC Corporation

View next topic
View previous topic

OngoingCivilUnrest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A bit of background: Jay Gatsby is one of my favorite identities, an eccentric millionare from the 1950s. He is the owner and CEO of Encabulator, Inc (http://thegreatestgatsby.tripod.com). I sign all emails with "Jay Gatsby, CEO - Encabulation, Inc". I got this interesting email from a scammer claiming to...well I'll just let you read it:

Jay Gatsby (millionare extraordinare) VS. CMEC Corporation (exporter of small asian men)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On: Jun 30, 2006
Subject: Hello, Please Reply Us Immediately

Dear Sir/Madam

BRIEF INTRODUCTION

We are exporters base in China who exports raw materials,such as
Construction chemicals,Mechanical equipments etc.Visit our website
www.cmec.com. We export from Asia to Europe,America and Australia.

Our company (CMEC)was established in 1978.We are interested in
employing your services,to work with us as Our payment agent and we
equallyknow that you are Capable to do it with us and it will not disturb
your Work, even if you have your own Permanent Job, you can still work
with us in the process of recieving payment on our behalf for Goods and
raw materials we supplied to our customers in Europe,America or Australia
Canada.

If you are interested in transacting business with us we will be very
glad.Subject to your satisfaction Note your Reward of Working with us
has a Payment Officer is 10% of any Payment you receive for our
Company.Please if you are interested forward the Followings to us:

1.Your Full Name
2.your full contact address
3.Phone/fax number
4.Occupation

Please Reply Us through this E-Mail
Address:[email protected]

Thanks for your Unerstanding, i am expecting your reply as soon as
possible. May God Bless You.

Faithfully Yours,

Mr.Young Bon.
Vice president
CMEC

why do scammers ALWAYS play the god card? Oh well, here goes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:[email protected]
When: Jun 30, 2006 (about 4 hours after initial email)

I ACCEPT YOUR OFFER, BUT I HAVE A FEW CONDITIONS!!

FIRST OF ALL, IN MY COUNTRY IT IS A SIGN OF RESPECT TO ONE'S PARTNER IN BUSINESS TO TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. PLEASE DO THIS FROM NOW ON, OR I WILL BE GREATLY INSULTED.

SECOND, YOU MUST TELL ME WHAT KIND OF GOODS WE WILL BE TRANSPORTING. PLEASE SEND ME PICTURES, AS I LIKE TO MAKE SCRAPBOOKS OF ALL OF MY WORK.

I HAVE MORE CONDITIONS TO MEET, BUT FIRST I WILL SEE IF YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY AND HONORABLE AS YOU SAY.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Dear Mr.Jay Gatsby

DEAR JAY GATSBY,
WE RECEIVED YOUR MAIL AND FIRSTLY WE WILL WORK ACCORDING TO YOUR MAIL THAT IN YOUR COUNTRY TO SHOW RESPECT IS TO WRITE IN BIG LETTER BUT I WILL LIKE TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION AND TWO SO SAID YOU NEED PICTURE OF WHAT WE ARE EXPORTING WELL IT SEEMS YOU DID NOT READ THE LETTER VERY WELL IF NOT YOU WOULD HAVE VISITED OUR WEB-SITE THAT IS ON THE LETTER SO WITH THAT THERE IS KNOW NEED FOR MUCH EXPLAINATION SO KINDLY GO TO OUR WEB-SITE:WWW.CMEC.COM SO YOU CAN FINE OUT MORE DETAILS THERE.

tHANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING, I AM EXPECTING YOUR REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

BEST REGARS
CMEC COMPANY.

Hahah, they bit! I went to their web site as i was told and it was nothing but a bunch of symbols i couldn't read and some pictures of Asian guys...clearly they export Asian guys, no?
To: CMEC

I WENT TO YOUR MUCH EXCELLENT WEBSITE AND SAW ONLY PEOPLE. I DID NOT WANT TO ASSUME INCORRECTLY, BUT I SUPPOSE I WAS RIGHT. YOU SPECIALIZE IN THE EXPORT OF SMALL ASIAN MEN. THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS, AS I HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE IN THIS SORT OF WORK. I NOW VERY MUCH WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH YOUR COMPANY AND AID IN YOUR MONEY TRANSACTION.

YOU ASKED, NICELY, TO KNOW WHERE MY COMPANY (ENCABULATOR, INC) WAS BASED OUT OF. WE HAVE OUR MAIN BASE IN THE USA (IN A DISTANT LAND CALLED CONNECTICUT). HOWEVER, WE HAVE MANY SMALLER BASES IN CASE OUR MAIN ONE IS EVER ATTACKED OR INVADED. AS YOU CAN SEE AT MY WEBSITE (BOLD TEXT, IN MY CULTURE, MEANS TO EMPHASIZE LARGENESS -- AS IN MY HOUSE OR [b]MY CAR OR MY WIFE) WE HAVE MUCH IN COMMON.

CURRENTLY, I AM IN LITHUANIA (IT IS A REAL COUNTRY). I WOULD IMPLORE YOU TO CONTACT ME AT THE HOTEL I AM STAYING:
+370 5 2127056
MY ROOM NUMBER IS 406 B. THANK YOU AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AS THE SUN RISES IN THE DAWN.

REGARDS!

The number is a random number of a Lithuanian Hotel. Hopefully they don't speak english. This is all I have for now, but the fact that they caved to my request makes this promising. Any suggestions on what sort of trophy i should look for? I am thinking, if they agree that they do indeed ship small Asian men, that i should ask for a picture of one in a box... All suggestions welcome!

-Ongoing Civil Unrest
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just quickly (sorry, busy watching the football Smile ):

a) You left your own email addy in the second email. Better remove it - Google is a lad's friend, too.

b) Giving your lads a telephone number of an innocent third party is neither clever nor recommended - it is always better not to involve innocent third parties in whatever shape or form.

Good luck. Wink

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
OngoingCivilUnrest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips. That email is one of my fake ones, so i dont really care if he googles it. I have a fake website up for the company as well, so let him look.

I doubt they called the hotel, since i think i put him off when demanding he exported small asian men, but the suggestion is well taken.

-OngoingCivilUnrest

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic