SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Apologizing to non-scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Seymoreb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted a profile on craigslist pretending to be a wealthy old businessman looking for a young woman. I even put up a picture of a wealthy old guy on it.

Well, I did get a reply from a young woman...but..her e-mails are unscripted, and did not ask for money, and seemed to just want to chat...even after money was waived in her face...even offered to 'pay for ticket'

....probably not a scammer...just a future gold digger or a girl w/ serious issues...or another baiter...or something.

Has this happened to anyone else? or just me? What would be a good way of telling them that 'I was looking for scammers so go away'....besides stop replying?

Seymore

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone I don't take kindly to phonelads who do not carry the 'Sashimi' series phones in stock!
"i hope that you are not a doom. i think so. dont be angry with that word. ok" --Nuhu Ridadu
battery
Mascot Goat Trainer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pm me her phone number,

I'll sort it out for you

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you done all the obvious things like check the IP address and so on?

Swiss Toni

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would just let her down gently, without telling her about your little hobby.

TS

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Seymoreb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, best do that....don't tell her/him about hobby. It's probably some 13 yr old kid prankster in Russia sitting on the other side of the line, rather than a Vlad.

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone I don't take kindly to phonelads who do not carry the 'Sashimi' series phones in stock!
"i hope that you are not a doom. i think so. dont be angry with that word. ok" --Nuhu Ridadu
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Block her incoming emails. It's not likely you could explain to her what you're doing if she isn't an outright scammer. Just vanish.

How much experience do you have with scammers?
What you're doing doesn't sound safe or smart to me. You're more likely to catch some 'opportunist' than a scammer.
Seymoreb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got it stephan....no more craigslist. I'll stick to proven scammers from now on.

Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't have to stick to 'proven' scammers!
As far as the russian and nigerian scammers go, they are very easy to have them find you!
If you do it in the right places, you really reduce the risk of having a 'real' person contact you.
You can bait 'known' scammers you see posted here, or at the dotsilver page, or set up an account at cupidbay.com, kissesline.com, or any of the other notorious dating sites.
Keep your character profile bland, middleaged, and nondescript. The russians usually don't read your profile. You don't need to put something in your profile like 'I just won the lottery and am lonely...'
Just a middleaged male is all they look for.
Its kind of fun playing with the scammers, but unless you publish or post the details of your bait on this and other sites, you're only entertaining yourself.
I get the most satisfaction out of seeing a post from a potential victim 'gee, I almost sent her money! I'm glad I found this!'
Getting death and civil action threats from the scammers, is just a little plus!
Rock
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seymoreb.

I'm sure not all women who solicit rich guys are there to scam for money. But I'm sure they all want a life like Anna Nicole Smith! Very Happy
Death
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a datingground profile that is completely blank and still get three or four per week, plenty to be getting on with.

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone

United States x3 (fake phonelad websites)

United States

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (martins ehis)
forestmoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you set up a dating profile to catch scammers you can also expect to get real contacts, however bland or uninteresting you make yourself!

As Tommo Shanter says, as soon as you realise they are genuine (however screwed up they may be) just send them a very polite email apologising for the fact that you've now met someone else and therefore must unfortunately discontinue your communication with them, and wish them all the best, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got some Costa Rican student/worker living in Idaho after I seeded a Costa Rica guestbook. We exchanged about 4 emails. Just pen pal stuff. I was dropped for being a boastful pig.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Death
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

winelight wrote:
If you set up a dating profile to catch scammers you can also expect to get real contacts, however bland or uninteresting you make yourself!

Not with mine as it has absolutely no info in it. I can't imagine anyone serious would send a message, especially one saying "I read your profile and would like to know you email me on [email protected] Natalia x.

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone

United States x3 (fake phonelad websites)

United States

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (martins ehis)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic