SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Watch a new 3700 mile safari to the Skeleton Coast

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was on Snopes a few minutes ago, and saw the story about the scuba diver and the water bomber - and the submarine idea had me wondering; are there any water bomber-type planes on the west coast of Africa?

How tragic it would be if the box of cash was scooped up by one of those fire-fighting aircraft (instead of a scuba-diver being so grabbed) and dropped into a raging inferno...

See http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/scuba.asp for the original urban legend.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
and dropped into a raging inferno...

Or dropped into the sweltering sand 200 kms away from Lagos during a drought relief effort.
Safari #3!!!

I honestly think that the box should manage to keep itself floating further and further into the ocean. Just out of reach of the crapheap. Past the point of no return (i.e fuel on board to get back to shore.)

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yastreb,

Oh, how prophetic you are!
I think I see the trunk in the middle of the water flow...and is that the contents, spilling out? It could be....

[img]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13972012/displaymode/1176/rstry/13919637/
[/img]
The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bye bye, Mugu!
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pardon me, but your ship is slowing... Smile

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, so is the money. Soon, I think that it wil be time for the money to sink. I just need to find a resource that can tell me how deep the water is over there. I want to drop it into no more that 100 feet of water.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
CommanderKiller
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@YW - Do you know any mugus that can do a wash-wash on salt-watered down currency? Laughing

Charles Soludo (after WU trip #10): "....you may not understand what it is for my secretary to be going westernunion to westernunion just to present false informations to them."

Mr. Koffi after failed Airport meet - "The line and question is, why have you decided to play with me, you allowed me to waste my time, energy and money to put things(documnets) in your name , why?"

Mr. Obasanjo - "I have severally warned you to mind your language while addressing Prof. Soludo or any other person in that matter this is a serious business not some American movie Gangster. If you repeat it next time I will have your file thrown out of my office."

Jolly Roger Mortar x9
Terzo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.fig.net/pub/monthly_articles/april_2006/egbuh_april_2006.htm

has some info on water depth around the Lagos area, and lists some of the wrecks in the area where people ay go diving. No lats/longs for them though.

Most of the oil production is further offshore in waters 200m+ deep.
pppinsider
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Olokola Port - Superior bathymetric data; 10m water depth contour occurs 7.2km offshore, 15m water depth at about 8.5km and 20m depth at 9.6km offshore

It's a crappy scan of a map, but it may help give you an idea combined with the above

or

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3185/mapbathimetricfh0.jpg

is a tad bigger Rolling Eyes
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the effort. It is really hard to find what I am looking for so I guess that I am just going to have to take an educated guess on this one.

I will sink the money a few hundred yards off shore. To show that the money is sunk, i will change both horizontal and vertical velocities to zero and then change the altitude to -100 or so.

Still no word from the lad. I was hoping to have heard something by now.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YeaWhatever wrote:
I want to drop it into no more that 100 feet of water.

With 100 feet (30m) of common garden hose to breathe through and a large rock tied around his waist, he'd have a good chance of being able to recover that money Twisted Evil

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or he should practise holding his breath. I heard of people being able to hold their breath for 6 minutes......

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to put it in a spot that will not seem totally impossible. One hundred yards off shore would be perfect. Yes, it would be a major bitch to retrieve it but perhaps the adventurous lad (or even a different lad) might consider it. It's a good thing that the GPS unit that I picked has a battery life of 50 years.

Golden Pith Mortar x17
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that seems to have worked well. That would be kind of cool if you could piggyback a new safari on top of this one. Have one mugu pick up where the other left off!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Text Dead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would be a Lemming safari.

Kryton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@YW
I wouldn't suggest to put the altitude at some negative value - a GPS simply does not work under water, and its not just a matter of waterproofing. It is quite common knowledge and I worry that someone could point it out to Okoma or one of the other mugus.
To make it more realistic maybe better to gradually reduce the number of satellites and increase the error, until at some point the signal is lost.
It will be obvious that it sank (you could always suggest it if he doensn't think of it) and finding it would just need going to the last known position.

EDIT Idea of course you could always make it reappear a few days later a few hundred miles away. It hadn't sunk after all, must have just been a problem with the satellite or something Laughing

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if you really knew a lot about GPS, you'd be able to see right through my fake site to begin with, so I am not going to worry a whole lot about that. For altitude, I might just put "error" in that field. Then I do not have to worry about whether the water is 10 feet or 10 miles deep.

Golden Pith Mortar x17
devil21
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the lemming idea. A fresh bait to another lad speaking honestly about the situation and offering them to coordinate with each other in some form. That would be great. Give them both the same coordinates and watch them kill each other over the booty. Good stuff!

I just want you to know that you are a lovely person,I like you. - Mr. S0lifo

YOUR PAPA AND YOUR MAMA BIG FOOLSSS INDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT basterd - Prince King

Canada
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you should tell him that you have shut off the gps tracker because he has failed to update you on the situation.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Dart
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So no word on the fate of the Risky Free?

I thought it was just out for a three hour tour!

I'm not so much a vampire as a mosquito.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YW - Have you tried to call/write your friend? He should have returned from his voyage by now. Did he have a good time? Did he enjoy all the amenities of the cruise?

Seriously, the real Troy would be breathlessly calling the mugu to ask "did you find it? What happened?"

Bruin
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I did hear from him not more than a couple of hours ago. When I get home tonight, I will be able to update the website but here is the short, fantastic story.

When the ship was only one day and a half into the journey, it broke down and started drifting. To make matters worse, calls for help went unanswered for a few days.

Meanwhile, Okoma was quite sea sick. It did not sound like the seas were particularly rough but he was unable to handle it.

Help finally came. The boat was able to start again, and they simply went back to Lagos. Okoma spent the next day or two trying to regain his strength. It sounds like he was massively dehydrated and weak from puking days on end and not being able to keep any food or water down.

Golden Pith Mortar x17
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh no! I hope he is okay. I seriously hope he doesn�t go back out to sea and try and find it again, that would be too much for his little mugu body.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
SamV
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I'm just catching up with this - how did y'all convince these lads that they saw a trunk box bobbing out there in the water in the first place?

"No goat porn? Well how 'bout a petting zoo?" Crashhoot, Vegas 2006
madpoet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would have been fun to see him, via GPS, stuck in the same location in the middle of the ocean for a few days, maybe swing the treasure down within a mile of them and see if they would paddle over to find it.

I giving you the lawyer's contact needs you to call him often and make all necessary arrangement to get my money
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic