SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Russian female scammers?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ironaxe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone else had these from Russia?

After a few cans one night a few weeks ago, I posted an ad on one of the dating sections on Gumtree, then forgot about the whole brief thing the day after.

A week later, in addition to genuine replies, I got a redirected (via the site)email in broken English from a young Russian woman(Ludmilla- fairly pretty I guess- if it's her), who sounded nice enough. I was bemused but replied anyway(the little man in 'white' above me was saying 'no', but the one in red was saying 'why not?'), using an email address I don't usually use for anything important.

I kept on corresponding vaguely -nothing too personal- until I questioned her motives(why emailing from so far away; what do they want to happen; why bypass some of my other questions, who was taking the photo's of her etc), not giving anything of my background away. She stopped being in touch after I did. Odd huh...yeah right.

The same has since happened with four more Russian girls(forget their names as have since deleted them before finding this site), me again replying the same guarded and suspicious way.

I began to think that these girls sounded similar in certain ways, (ie. the type of boyfriends they'd had; they always used internet cafe's and not PC's at home). I don't think they were the same woman, but each were like they weren't really absorbing certain unimportant things I'd said or asked(ie. hobbies, pets, landmarks in my country etc).

I wondered if the girls were being coerced and organised by some Russian blokes making women do this? Or is it the women scammers sending in anon photo's of other women from the net?

And are they working in groups to 'net' the same man with different 'girls'?

What are your views/ explanations?
Rollo_Tomasi
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater.
The replies you are getting are most likely from Vlads (men) who have found the pictures somewhere and are now using them.
The letters you are receiving are scripts, and thats why they all sound like they were written by the same person.
There are a lot of members here who know a LOT more than I do, so I'll just add one other thing.
If you are going to bait-bait safe. And that means immediately scrapping all contacts you made using a "real" e-mail address. Use google or some other anonymous system, and make up several characters.
Good Luck,
R-T

but know they are insultive

I really want to know why you have picked on email and keep writing me with all these abusive and embarrassing words

THANKS FOR PLAYING ME AS A GMAIL MAN
ironaxe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that, Rollo.

I just looked at this board and Tatyana- on another post- was one of my emailers!

I don't get why you mean deleting the posts straight away- in case I re-use them by accident? And what 'real' email address should I choose, from where?

Cheers.
Rollo_Tomasi
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ironaxe
If you are contacting these folks using a genuine e-mail account, it can be traced back to you. Not good if the scammer has an ax to grind- (sorry-too easy)
If you want to continue baiting them, just set up a gmail acct, then send them something like, "My friend gave me your profile, and I wanted to say, "Hi". Don't worry about losing them, if the scammers smell money, they'll be in contact with you.
Set up a few gmail accounts using false info, and bait safe...
If you have more questions, contact someone and ask for a mentor...
I know nurse nasty sends a welcome e-mail to new baiters, if she hasn't you can either do a search for it or PM her and ask nicely for it.
It also might be a good thing to root about and read a lot of threads before you start and make newbee mistakes. The learning curve is quick, a little persistance and you'll be off and running in no time.
Good Luck,
R-T

but know they are insultive

I really want to know why you have picked on email and keep writing me with all these abusive and embarrassing words

THANKS FOR PLAYING ME AS A GMAIL MAN
ironaxe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ta Rollo

I'll do that.

I don't fear those scammer wan*ers, but anyway I wasn't winding them up, just asking questions which unnerved them.

Cheers mate.

ps. Just checked out the gmail thing, and all this invitation thing is too much pi**ing about- I'll take these scammers head on using an old email address. What they gonna do- come to Sheffield and attack a bouncer? LOL, yeah, right.

F them, they deserve it.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rollo_Tomasi wrote:
"My friend gave me your profile, and I wanted to say, "Hi"

Why involve a friend? I just say something along the lines of "Hi there. I'd love to chat with you. I look forward to your reply". Or better still, post their email addresses and let us all gang up on her Twisted Evil

Let me confirm the safe baiting thing already said. Never use an email address or anything else that can be traced back to you. Put an gmail invite in the appropriate thread, put a mentor request in the appropriate thread (I'm too lazy to find the links today. So sue me...) and kiss any free time you had goodbye.

And yes, there are "groups" of scammers. Most notoriously the "orphan group" as Stepan calls them.

Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ironaxe wrote:
What they gonna do- come to Sheffield and attack a bouncer? LOL, yeah, right.

Don't confuse the pictures with the people behind them. There are people who've been killed by scammers. And being a big tough motherf*cker doesn't give you much protection against a molotov thrown through your window. Never underestimate these people.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Never use an email address or anything else that can be traced back to you.

I understand the need for security etc, and won't do now you guys have advised not to, but what harm can these a$$holes inflict? Some harsh words in an email when we're in separate countries 1000's miles apart? Hardly scary?
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The nigerians are potentially more dangerous, but there's no sense in exposing yourself at all to any criminal, when its very easy not to!
Look at it this way, you will probably never know who exactly you are dealing with on the other end, why should you give them any hint at who you really are?

Do this safely and you can fook with them forever, keep going at them. They will have no clue who you are. You MAY be able to find out a little about them!
These are criminals. No sense in finding out if they have cousins who live near you, or how skilled they are at hacking computer stuff.
Bait safely, and often! Smile

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
ocean
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if you don't like gmail try giving fastmail.fm a try.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic