SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Daniel, Daniel, have you any phones?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Brad Bateman
Phone lad undertaker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Daniel, Daniel, have you any phones?

Daniel James of [email protected] was caught scamming on Christmas Day and became my first Phone Lad bait after setting up a new GMail account for my trusty business partner, Buster Scammell, CEO of BS Clockworks, and banging together some very rough company stationery with Paint Shop Pro.

It's a bit of a long one and runs to about 85 emails over 3 weeks, so take your time!

The usual format:
My bullshit in normal print
Scammer bullshit in italics
My comments in blue

25 December 2005

Quote:
Hi you got any Sony phones left at these cheap prices?

Buster

Remember, this is Christmas Day. Daniel sent a "Swift Respond" in less than 15 minutes!

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Interest In Buying from us,We Have All Kinds of Sony Ericsson Mobile Phones in Stock,Just Name Any Of your choice and We will give you the Price.
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
Hello James,

I'm looking for one maybe two of the Ericsson P910. They are very expensive here about US$150. What can you offer for 2 phones? Tell me how to find your shops.

Thanks Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Swift Respond,We will Give you The Sony Ericsson P910 Just USD$135 and For you Buying 2units,We will Sell them at USD$260 for 2Units.
Kindly get Back to us with Your Full Name,Address and Phone Number to Calculate The shipping Cost.

WHAT? These people charge for shipping?

Quote:
Shipping cost?

Where are you sending the phones from? Overseas?

Quote:
Hello Sir,
We will be Shipping Those from Lagos-Nigeria,Via Fedex Express 48hours Delivery

Quote:
Daniel. Sorry I realised your name was wrong on your last email when I called you James.

How much is Fedex from Lagos to the UK for 2 phones if they are US$125 each?

Thanks,
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your email,We are Very sorry That We Could Not get Back to you On time,We were Having Network problem,The cost of Shipping from Lagos to UK Via Fedex Express 2days Delivery,Its Just USD$30 For the 2phones,
You have Not email us Your Full Name,Address and Phone Number.
Regards
Daniel James

Hmmm! Network problems sounds like something we can have a bit of fun with. Laughing Time to start playing a few word games with Daniel!
Quote:
Thanks - sorry to hear that you also get Having Network problems.

So 2 phones at $125 each plus $30 Fedex = total $270. Not bad.

Please email me a copy of your Standard Contract document so that we can provide full details. I also need your bank details for secure interbank transfer which is the safest for you.

Thank you for working Christmas Day like ourselves.

Sleep well?
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Swift Reply,We Only Accept Payment Through Western Union Money Transfer,Its Safer,Secure and Faster.
Kindly get Back to us If you still Want to do More Business with us in The Nearest Future and You will Never Regret Doing Business with us.
Regards
Daniel James

I replied, pretending I'd received a garbled message and included 40 pages of "text" from a .DLL file

Quote:
Is this your contract? Something is wrong I think. Please send again immediately.

Thanks Buster

On 25/12/05, Daniel James <[email protected]> wrote:
%����!����'!�(�( �(8f<@b�����C5T�p4�+��C���*B� �b-|J-��Ä��C,fg-��;F*I��G��3@BG�B3h�#�5P�"��H�>HB""%��d�;@6ܫ2̫2@.��̊��l~�G<0�6���&��Ž(���+0�1�� � T�u�Vi��"�!PC/A�)�/0R�-",O�8�"�;@��.�� '詾����B"ku(Ï��.-B' p�+_�=DB6h� �^n��Hp��@�ќB6�<�V1P�>�Q }���@�����?-�6$�(6$�޺���6�n e4 m��A$�W��"��+$�&B�z�侂1�30��< "$(�B"��
��n�P0��i��0(� �� �.$&4�+6��8 Į߲^ �� �.�D
� ��

Quote:
Hello Sir,
We are Very sorry for The Error in The Message,I Was Saying That We ONly Accept Payment Through Western Union Money Transfer,Because Its Safer,Secure and Faster.
Kindly get back to let us Know If you are still Interested in Buying from us.
Regards
Daniel James

Time to demand a proper contract

Quote:
OK, we will cheque up on the Western Union tomorrow. Trouble maybe though as it is a holiday. I will have to call you tomorrow about this.

You still haven't sent a contract document for me to sign. My company auditors will require sight of this when they sign off our accounts. Please send immediately.

Best wishes,
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
On Daily Basis We dont Sign for Just USD$270 Contract,What we do is to Forward Your Invoice After Payment is Confirm,Because We Only Sign For Business Worth USD$155,000 Upward,We are sorry for any INconvinience.

se the name of our cashier to send us the Money through western union;
Name..........OMITOGUN OLAWALE
ADDRESS.......10 IKOSI ROAD
CITY..........LAGOS
COUNTRY.......NIGERIA
ZIPCODE.......23401

Kindly Get Back to us As soon as the Payment is done,So That we can ship your Phones Immediately.
Regards
Daniel James

26 December 2005

Daniel's latest message, above, arrived at 01.00 hours on Boxing Day! Time for a gentle slap.

Quote:
If you don't sign Contract, what was all that rubbish you sent me yesterday? We thought your contract document must have been corrupted. Please explain what that was so that I understand. I will go away to look into your method of getting payment straight away OK.

Happy boxing day
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
We are Not Trying to Say Rubbish sir,We Want you to Let Us Understand What you mean By The Contract Sign?
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
I will speak to my Company accountant and see what he says. Look out for me later.

Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your email,We will be Looking forward to your email.
Regards
Daniel James

Sorry buddy.... time for you to do some work as a penance for scamming.

Quote:
Daniel,

I spoke to the Accountant who was NOT amused. He insists that we must have a signed contract for tax purposes otherwise he will not release the money on Wednesday morning.

He sent me a contract form which he had to make at home as it is still a holiday here. You will have to sign it and return it or you won't get the money and we won't get our phones. The best way I think, given the hurry, is for you to do as follows:

1. Download the attached JPG image file of the contract.
2. Print it with the printer
3. Fill it in by hand. Make sure that you sign it properly.
4. Once it is filled in, scan it with the scanner and save it as JPG image file again
5. Email your saved image back to me so that I can give it to the Accountant on Wednesday.

Sorry for the trouble, but it is the best I could manage without having problems here after the sale.

Many thanks,
Buster

Attached was a really crappy PSP screenshot from a Word document that still had the spell/grammar check marks on it. Would he catch on that he was being baited given the rather heavy 419 references involved?

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Swift respond,I will Print out the Copy and We will Fill it Then,We will Scan it Back to you sir,Give Us 2hours to do This.
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
OK. I'll keep a watch out for you coming back.

Cheers!
Buster

P.S. - Daniel, do you know anything about a company called Duncan TK Phones in Lagos? Are they your competitors? Pleased to know soon, but do the contract first OK.

Hard to believe, but he printed out the contract, filled it in and signed it and sent me back an enormous scan of the whole thing Shocked

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your email,Here is The Contract Document,
I dont know The Compny Name Duncan TK,But they Might be One Of the Competitors in the Business.
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
Daniel,

Thank you for the quick response with the contract. I have sent it straight round to my Accountant for approval.

One side question for you - Do you people stock any digital cameras at all like Canon, Olympus or Fuji?

Looking forward to hearing from you again,
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for oyur email,We will be Looking forward to hear from your Accountant and You also.
We do Sell All Kinds of Electronics,Like Video Games,Digital Camera,Plasma T.V and DVD.
Regards
Daniel James

Now he thinks he's got a sale, time to try for a trophy photo Twisted Evil

Quote:
Daniel,

The Accountant got back to me after seeing the contract you signed and he thought it was good enough for us to deal on.

BUT then a small problem developed. He was having supper at The Haywain Pub with some friends and was talking about the contract. One of his guests, a policeman named Constable Painting, said he did not think the signature looked anything like "Daniel James". Now the Accountant says that we cannot deal unless we get proper photographic ID from you. This is a shame.

I feel that I can trust you as we have had a lot of conversation about this, but the Accountant is not so sure and will not release the money without further proof of your bona fides. This is why I asked you about digital cameras, so that you can quickly get me proof. I do not want you to have to send me copies of passport or anything. Anyway, we discussed it and he suggests that I send you a copy of our big company logo which you can print, then get one of your friends to photograph you holding the logo in front of your chest. I have attached a small (and very bad photo) of someone else doing this just to give you an example. For your own photographs the quality will have to be clear and large.

What they want you to do is this:

1. Print out the company logo on a large sheet of paper when you receive it.
2. Have 2 photographs taken of you holding the company logo in front of your chest; the whole of your face and the whole logo must be visible in both pictures. One picture can be taken indoors, the other one should be taken outside in the street in daylight to help recognise you easily.
3. Minimum picture size must be 1200 x 1600 pixels - most 3MP cameras will manage this easily.
4. Email the pictures back to me as JPG images as soon as you can.

The Accountant did say that he realised this was asking a lot, but if he has satisfactory pictures to file with the contract papers, he says he is willing to raise your payment from the agreed $270 (as per contract already signed) to $300.

I hope you can agree to this small security measure to keep him happy.

The company logo will come in a separate email in a few minutes.

Many thanks for all your trouble,
Buster

I send him a 4MB company logo for the occasion!
Quote:
Daniel,

The large company logo is attached for your photographs. If you are photographed holding this the Accountant will be certain it is you as you are the only person who has ever been sent this particular logo.

27 December 2005

A shocked Daniel responds, less swiftly than usual....

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your emails,We are Very sorry to hear about your Accountant,But Unfortunately,We are Not Advertise Ourself, And We Can Not any ID,Simply because we are Selling Goods to you,This is Not Our First time to deal with People Internationally,You can check This Tracking Number 1ZA722W80281512425 Via UPS,That Was Our Rescent Order.
We are Very sorry We can not do what your Accountant Ask us to do and You did Requested for Signature which we did and Now to Carry ID,
Get back to us if you are still Interested in Buying form us.
Regards
Daniel James

Time for some more network problems in Lagos and another 40 pages of gibberish:

Quote:
Daniel, was this your photographs? There has been another scrambling. Please can you resend the photographs today so that I can clear the cash (US$300) and send you shipping details tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Buster

On 27/12/05, Daniel James <[email protected]> wrote:

]3�]e`~�A@� (W-�Sppe��
hV� a�J�����@L0/�#Ib&-1A O�BXT��y���\�hQF� Z�c��D�k�M��� AH�.7� _�_�3�O(�0}7�f�%ue@"j�Tp��7�"
ʰ F@00P&<hX�O-���`
1�s pИ�����`�"$��0 g ��w �P ����x ��YA|�nq�sT��_pe�G �I �P��k�Ð
[?�j�}�p��db���|(P 5.J'8�ϙ�����骄
7X�HpՀ
�� w� ��7�HP ���,��J��c�b��Pnf_0'PN�(W���p
P
E�a�qG��\� |�W
Y`�B:;�C.�z�ઈ��  z�[`�JXuW��s06 �P ��ؐk�@Ye0I� �zN8 +P��UR%lj���
���+�g�D@��pgZx�H`VL��
"s�r@�(.�(�X�@P00"�Xf9X@ ��
�����f:H0s� l� �p��l
��B-����
�����.�fX�d*�L Oc. ]�@d� �jzK

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your emails,We are Very sorry to hear about your Accountant,But Unfortunately,We are Not Advertise Ourself, And We Can Not any ID,Simply because we are Selling Goods to you,This is Not Our First time to deal with People Internationally,You can check This Tracking Number 1ZA722W80281512425 Via UPS,That Was Our Rescent Order.
We are Very sorry We can not do what your Accountant Ask us to do and You did Requested for Signature which we did and Now to Carry ID,
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
What is happening Daniel? Everything cannot be read today.

Buster

Quote:
Daniel, get back to me fast. My accountant is chasing me asking whether the verification photographs have arrived yet. Two messages from you this morning have been scramble.

Buster

Oh Dear! Looks as though the deal may be off then! James sends me the same message again.

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
At least this time I can read your message! Daniel, what do you mean you don't like to advertise yourself? Do you mean that you don't want anybody to know who you are? Surely now that will start to make customers suspicious?

Why so difficult to get me a picture with a digital camera when you sell them? You have our company logo now so it should take less than 5 minutes. So, should I start not to trust you as Constable Painting suggested?

I will wait here today for your pictures before sending via Western Union tomorrow, yes?

Buster

Now he's starting to make Freudian slips and I suspect they're not deliberate!!!

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Email,Well there is Nothing to be Scared off or Doubt us,We are Honest company,But we can not do what you ask us to do,Its not a Problem for us Because we never do That Before,We are Not telling you to Contact Another Company,But if you Think Our Service does not suit you,You can Buy from Another company and If you Re-consider buying from us,You can contact us.
Regards
Daniel James

I decide to come over all suspicious... and for another slap!

Quote:
So, are saying now that you cannot be trusted? I thought you told me you were trustworthy.

I looked at Western Union website and their advice is that you should always know the face of the person you are sending money to first in case there are some fraudsters out there.

Point, focus, click, send - simple procedure to prove your are trustworthy.

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Swift Respond,If Its your Money We Need,We will do All The requirements,But our Company dont do That.
Regards
Daniel James

OK, I'll just trot down to WU then and hand over my savings.....

Quote:
Hey Daniel, Good News!

I think we can get our accountant to compromise on this one. Talking to him tonight he said he'd be OK with one photo, so why not get one of your lads to hold the company logo and take a picture to satisfy him then we can get on and deal properly. We could use it to show that our clocks are even known in Africa!

Tell me what you think.

Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your email,You mean One our Co-worker?
Regards
Daniel James

28 December 2005

Hurry up, Daniel!
Quote:
Daniel, it is Wednesday evening now. I need to make a decision by tomorrow about whether to buy the $270 worth of phones from you or to get them from somewhere else. Contact me back a.s.a.p.

Buster

Daniel decides to bring his Boss in to rescue him. This could be fun!

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for you email,I have alked with my Boss and He said if you can Not Send The MOney,There is No Problem,But we are Not asking you to Contact another seller,But we can not Do The Digital Camera thing.And If you are still Interested In Buying from you can Let us Know,We will Never Scam you,We will Provide you your Tracking Number to see that we ship your Phone Immediately after Payment.
Regards
Daniel james

Time to get heavy with him and bring out the bold red stuff:

Quote:
What's your boss's name and email address?

Everything goes quiet overnight while he talks to the Boss about having his photo taken.

29 December 2005

Quote:
Hello Sir,
The Name of My boss is Thomas John and His email address is [email protected] sir.
Regards
Daniel James

Time to go over Daniel's head and talk to the Boss:

Quote:
Sir,

Daniel James has given me your address as his Manager. He does not want to send me a photo for simple identification purposes. I also deal with another company in Lagos. Although their price is higher ($290 instead of your quote of $270), they have complied with my request for a simple identification photograph holding my company logo.

I would like to use the cheaper deal Daniel has offered, but not without the verification I have asked for.

Thank you for you attention.

Buster Scammell
BS Clockworks

Thomas John replies within the hour:

Quote:
Hello Buster,
Thanks for your email and I am sorry for the delay before i could get back to you,I was Not In The Office Since Morning and I am just checking my Email,
Daniel has already Disclosed Everything to me and I was the One Who Gave them The Order not to do The Photogragh Thing,If you Know you really want to Do Business with us and You Believe in your Heart That We can never Let you down,"BUY FROM US" but if you dont trust us "WE WILL NOT FORCE YOU TO BUY FORM US",Kindly try Our Company and You will Not regret doing Business with us sir.
Thanks for your Co-orperations,
King Regards
Thomas John
(C.E.O of Cheaper Phones Ltd.)

OK, deal's off!

Quote:
That's OK. Duncan TK Phones have agreed to match your price anyway, so we'll buy from them instead.

Happy New Year!
Buster

Daniel writes back, leaving out important words and going down on bended knee:

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for taking your time Dealing with us,So you mean you are Buying from us anymore,But We can still give you better price,We really Want you to Buy from us,
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
Daniel, Hi.

Even with a better price, our accountant will not release the funds for this purpose without the photographic evidence that you hold our company logo. So I fear that without you sending the photo that was requested we cannot buy from you.

Would you like to reconsider your decision not to have the photograph taken? I can promise not to tell your boss! Reply by tomorrow morning when we will be sending Duncan to WU.

Look forward to receiving the necessary picture soon.
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Swift Respond,Well If TK Stores We do the Photograph for you.No Problem sir.
Just let us Hear on How Everything Goes.
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
Daniel,

Changed your mind? If you are going to do the photos then I need them urgently tomorrow before I meet with Accounts and Purchasing to finalise any phone orders. Is that clear? Have you still got the large company logo?

Let me know what's happening fast OK.

Buster

Two days pass in silence! And 2005 grinds to a halt.

31 December 2005

Daniel gets a one-line reminder:

Quote:
So, are you sending?

Buster

Quote:
Hello sir
What are we sending?We cant send you the photo.....Sorry.
Regards
Daniel james

Time to quote his own typos back to him!

Quote:
Why not?

Yesterday you wrote: "We do the Photograph for you" so I've been waiting for it so we can place an order.

You confuse me

Quote:
Hello sir,
We Never mention anything about taking any Photograph.
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
Oh yes you did.

That's why I've been holding waiting for it. So will I have to order from Duncan after all?

Quote:
Ok sir

Salt ..... wound .... rub.... Twisted Evil

Quote:
You must be disappointed at losing business?

No?

At this point, 419Hater started his campaign to shut down Phone Lad email accounts, and [email protected] was among the first to go Laughing Laughing Laughing

Time to email his Boss again!

Quote:
Dear Thomas,

I'm sorry to trouble you again. I was trying to renegotiate a purchase from Daniel James and needed the updated payment details. We had agreed to forget my request for photos but he seems to have gone off air tonight.

Can you ask him to contact me urgently on this email.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

Quote:
Hello sir,
Thanks for your emails,I am at Home On My Computer writting you This Letter,We are On Holiday now and You can Get Daniel James on this new email for our company for the new year [email protected] can back to you tonight as well.
Regards
Thomas John

Aaah! So they change email address to celebrate the end of the year???

Quote:
Thank you Thomas. I was worried. I hope everything is alright. Will anyone be working tomorrow with the holiday? Anyway, enjoy your holiday break. I will try to contact Daniel again. There is no time to waste!

Happy New Year

Better email [email protected] then....

Quote:
Hello Daniel,

Thank goodness you gave me Thomas's address. I was worried when my last message did not get through to you. Anyway, he has given me your other address so everything should be alright.

Get back to me about the phones please and how to fix this deal. There is no time to waste!

Happy New Year

Big Ben strikes twelve midnight and 2006, the Year of The Phone Lad Killers, is born! Daniel James sends me "Compliment of the Season" although I suspect he thinks he's still going to chop my dollar somehow!

01 January 2006

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Compliment of the Season to you to sir,We are Very Glad to hear from you Again,Dear sir you all Know The Price of Those Phones,Its USD$270 Inlcuding The shipping,We will Re-Open office By Tomorrow Monday Morning.
Regards
Daniel James

Time for a festive greeting from Buster!

Quote:
Daniel,

Why has your other email address disappeared? Did you close the account without telling anyone? This is very confusing. How do you manage to keep your business running? It's a good job you gave me the [email protected] address - at least I can use it again if you go missing.

Happy new year,
Buster

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your emails,We are Very Sorry By not Tell you that We are No More using That Email Address,We Closed it because We Are Entering the New Year,Kindly Let us Know When you are Ready to place you order with us.
You Can Also Email us on [email protected] anytime.
Regards
Daniel James

Quote:
Thank you Daniel. I was worried when me email to you was bounced back. Thank goodness I had Mr John's address. He told me you had Day Off today. I do find that you have some very strange business practices like closing your email address at the end of a year and not telling your customers what your new address is. Why do you do that?

I will keep the other address with me just in case you decide to close this one without telling anybody. In fact I will send you a test message at that other address just to make sure that you can still hear from me.

Best wishes
Buster

P.S. - with all this confusion I have lost the details about the Western Union payment method. I think I have found a nearby W.U. Office but they will not be opening again until Tuesday.

At this point emails went off to Thomas John asking for non-existent phones and within 24 hours Yahoo! Abuse had shut his account down Twisted Evil

02 January 2006

Daniel James appears to have forgotten that our deal is off!

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for taking your time Dealing with us,We are Very sorry by Not telling you that we will closing the other email Address,We told some of Our customer,Since We thought You said you want to do with our company anymore and We Thought we are Not going to hear from you.
We are Very Glad to from you again and I am Assuring you that you will never regret Doing Business with us,We are ready to serve you well sir and With all Respect we will need your Phone Number.
use the name of our cashier to send us the Money through western union;
Name..........OMITOGUN OLAWALE
ADDRESS.......10 IKOSI ROAD
CITY..........LAGOS
COUNTRY.......NIGERIA
ZIPCODE.......23401

Awaits your urgent reply,
Regards
Daniel James

Oh well, let's play along and waste some more of his time. After all, there is no time to waste!

Quote:
Thanks Daniel,

In all this confusion about addresses I'd quite forgotten what it was I started trying to buy from you. Can you confirm two Ericsson P910i phones, shipping, US$270

Is that correct?

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your Urgent reply,There is No Confussion Sir, 2 Sony
Ericsson P910i USD$270 Including The shipping Cost,As soon as you make
The Payment tomorrow as you said,Kindly get Back to us,So That We can
Ship Out Immdiately.
Regards
Daniel James

He'll have to wait until tomorrow

03 January 2006

Quote:
Thank you Daniel,

I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time recently! Things have been a bit hectic at BS Clockworks over the last week, but we are finally beginning to get back to normal. Hopefully the accountant is now partly satisfied with his actions, so there may be some good business news for you soon.

Best wishes,
Buster

04 January 2006

Quote:
Hello sir,
Thanks for your Swift Respond,Well you never Waste anytime of Ours,Its Just That you make Your Order Before we close the Promo Offer,So you wont buy those Phones at Higher price.
Get back to us as soon as Possible.
Regards
Daniel James

The New Year sales may be on, but the news is not THAT good...

Quote:
Daniel,

When does your Promo offer close? I am still getting problems from accounts here about this.

Quote:
Hello sir,
Thanks for your email,The Promo Offer We End by Next Week Tuesday 10th.
Regards
Daniel James

OK. Game Over! Time to give James the bad news and let fly with a few good curses and to introduce him to his tokolosh (some sort of African spirit or gremlin that will watch over him for the rest of his life). I decide not to pull any punches and send him this with some big red lettering for effect. Wonder if I'll ever hear from him again?

Quote:
Hello Daniel.

Daniel, you bloody mumpara. Listen up!

Do you really think I'm going to go down to W.U. so you can choppi my hard-earned dorra especially when Rustin is happy to take half the amount you do for phones you never have? Idiot! Let me tell you a story.

You remember my father? Yes? No? Just before he died you were trying to rob him. Only the eagle eyes of my sister saw what was happening and we managed to stop you, you thieving shit. You, Daniel James of Cheaper Phones Ltd, trying to rob a dying man. Now of course, you have the problem don't you?

Have you noticed that every morning when you wake up how your breath smells like the breath of a hyena? Ya! Do you know why that is? You see, you were spawned from the droppings of magondo, a hyena, all those years ago, so even now your breath is like that of a scavenger, foul-smelling, disgusting to all normal creatures. You are a nyamazan. Not even the jackals will dine with you, will they? No. Next time you squat on the toilet to defaecate bend forward a little and take a deep sniff. You will notice that even the shit that oozes from your body reeks of the hyena's spoil, for that is where you came from. You must feel really good about yourself in the morning.

So, anyway, now you have me to watch over your shoulder each time you sit down at the computer in your stinking cafe. Whether you are user number 27 or even lucky user 13, you can feel my eyes watching the crap you type. The tokolosh is there 24/7 now. Watching. Remember now that there is no time to waste. Every time you open another new order it could be your ghost back to haunt you. No more WU for Daniel James. Each new customer may be a gremlin. Better you ask the Babalawo for forgiveness now.

You are a famous criminal now. Oh, one last question - How many new orders have you taken from me today already, oh haunted one?

Write back with a Speedy Respond please.

Sleep well, scammer.
Buster

James seems puzzled:

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Whats Meanning of This and Who is Rustin?

Maybe he'll understand a step-by-step guide? He also receives a copy of the kill notice on his old email account for good measure Laughing

Quote:
Daniel, the meaning of this is as follows:-

1. No more WU.

2. No more email. Remember [email protected] which you changed from 'because it was the New Year'? Yes? No?

Maybe this will help you remember about the change?

Re: scammer using [email protected] (KMM25724217V65738L0KM)

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

In this particular case, we have taken appropriate action against the
Yahoo! account in question that was reported for fraudulent activities

3. No more scamming.

4. Did I mention No Anymore Email - tomorrow watch for xbox number 9 and you will understand Daniel. If you tell me another spare email address I can send you the closure notice by Quick Respond.

5. No more WU

OK.

Sleep well.

Buster

I'd been sitting on another dodgy email from his xboxseller address - that night it was reported to Yahoo! Abuse.

05 January 2006

Yahoo have done their bit overnight, so a Good Morning email gets fired off to James. It is short and to the point:-

Quote:
Good morning Daniel:

Re: Abuse - Phone sale scammer [email protected] (KMM25762598V37747L0KM)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Yahoo! account in question that was reported for fraudulent activities,
as per our Terms of Service (TOS).

James responds (swift):

Quote:

What Makes you Terminate our Mailboxes?

In response I send him a 3MB image of a Crime Prevention Award logo! This gets him even more confuse! WTF has Rustin got to do with this?

Quote:
Whats Meanning of all This?
We are Not Duncan Rustin who Ruin your Father's Life

Quote:
Daniel,

It was not Rustin who tried to scam my father. He is just a sideshow here, another Lagos scammer who wants to put all others out of WU - nothing to do with me at all.

I have to run now and find what the tokolosh has seen looking over your shoulder this evening. There is no time to waste!

Sleep well,
Buster

06 January 2006

Kindness overcomes me and James gets a message to say that he's going to be left alone for a few days, but there's a twist....

Quote:
Daniel,

You can sleep easier for a week as Buster is going away. OK.

B. Scammell
BS Clockworks

P.S.

Yesterday, your little tokolosh was looking over your shoulder and saw you typing out a new email address. See what happened?

Re: Nigerian phone scam - [email protected] (KMM25807039V17996L0KM)

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

Yahoo! account in question that was reported for fraudulent activities,
as per our Terms of Service (TOS). For further details about the Yahoo!
TOS, you can visit:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on
another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make
exceptions to this rule.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Steven

Yahoo! Customer Care
http://www.yahoo.com/

Then came Daniel James's last ever email:-

Quote:
Who are you?where do you Live?

12 January 2006

There could only be one Swift Respond:

Quote:
I am the tokolosh that lives just behing your right shoulder watching everything that you type.
Sleep well?

Daniel James has since changed his name but you can be certain he's out there scamming away furiously.

If you find him, close him down!

THE END

"see hen if una wan gba person look mail ok i dey use this mail dey kill person... you won die now?" - Smith Peter
Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone xBulk! (Mass burials available on request)
Knock down a Phone Lad's door today - see www.phonelads.com - and add to the 15600 already busted!
Jolly Roger
Gully Bull
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done!

Modalitator
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tokolosh, eh? I'll try to remember that the next time I put a curse on a lad.

Very nice bait.

friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do love the train wreck ending. Excellent work Very Happy

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Boy you really got him paranoid at the end there -- nice use of animal insults and supernatural threats!!

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
fengibbon
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

cool.

Not speaking a word of Igbo, would you mind if i used your hyena spoil rant on a particularly awkward lad who would rather i ship him $200 dollars today rater than $20,000 for a few carvings that may or may not exist?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic