SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I don't get it.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrpukeplease
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As you can see I'm new here. I've been studying the Letters, forum topics and so on, but there are a few things I can't figure out:

1) The scammers obviously have access to the Internet and all its wonderful research tools. Why don't they check names, addresses, phone numbers and the like to see if they're being baited?

2) Why don't they have a "419eater-watcher" forum where they can share experiences they've had with being baited, so as to inform their peers and help their profession become more...professional?

3) Can't they crack a nice version of PhotoShop so as to produce better documents?

4) What's the percentage of scammers who fall for the bait? Given the number of active baiters on this site, and the well-documented exploits here, I would think the percentage would be dwindling with time as scammers wise up to these pranks.

Presonally, I can't wait to take my first dip into the dark waters of International Finance. My own Dad actually flew to Nigeria about 20 years ago at the behest of his greedy employer, this was before the Intenet and before common knowledge of 419. Fortunately his intuition kicked in and he got out of there before harm befell him.

TIA for any answers.

Last edited by mrpukeplease on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think a lot of them are just too lazy!

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads have to pay for their internet cafe usage, they hate spending money, they would rather spend their time sending mails out and replying to mails, rather than wasting precious scamming time and money doing searches for people.

We do get the odd lad who does do google searches, thankfully, 99.99999% dont.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Plus of course they're greedy barstewards who wouldn't spit on a burning person unless they could charge them for it

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not only are these guys lazy, they are not too smart either.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
mrpukeplease
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies so far.

How often do these scammers succeeed? Are there any statistics? I cannot understand why anyone would fall for it, but I suppose greed blinds people.
blarg
Master of Master Baiters

they're also not really looking for people like us, they're generall looking for older retired people, or ones that just aren't too bright.

we just show up and ruin the party.

they're lazy, and take the "shotgun" approach. they figure if they send out a 1000 emails and get ONE person to send them a few thousand dollars, they'd be set for months (the average Nigerian makes about $100 a month).

Mr. Chike Agbugba "THANK GOD YOU ARE BACK AND ALIVE AGAIN"
veamon
Not quite a Newb

I had the same thought, but then when you think that THEY think having major banking/security firms using Yahoo as their email provider is convincing, you don't have to question their intelligence.
3strikes_out
419Eater is my life

Location: Los Poblanos, Los Chilangos... de Durango...de Sonora...Sinaloa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those are good questions. A lot of new lads get into the scamming business and are unaware of baiting. Those are the fun ones. It takes a lot of work and some luck to get a really good lad.

But you see me holding this sign for you and still not impress for the work I did. -Kumal Umal

...you still went ahead to make more payment to them without my knowledge, well that is so disgosting. -Charles Soludo
blarg
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure the lad I just got tattoed was running is first scam ever! Welcome to the Jungle, baby!

I think I have a pretty goot shot of steering him clear of getting involved in scamming.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mrlukeplease

If the scammers were really willing to do or capable of doing all the things you mentioned in your opening post, they wouldn't have to be scammers. Not even in Nigeria.

Diligence and the criminal mind don't mix in reality, only in the movies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In response to question #3 above, I don't think we want them to improve their photoshopping skills. The more obvious the fakery, the less likely they are to hook a real victim.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think we want them to do any of the things mentioned. That would ruin all our fun.

- Bill

aussietrooper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if a lad became aware of baiting, he won't tell anyone, as they are competition. It isn't worth one lads time to fight baiters, so I can't see them ever getting organised. The more experienced ones will get a sniff and drop the ball. I doubt they would warn anyone else of it.
Vanndickey
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had one lad after he twigged at a couple of my requests tell me that he "posted" my email addy at his "work"(aka internet cafe) so his boys could get me.

The next day I received about 16 new business proposals from the same IP traced to an internet cafe in Lagos....

"EAT A DICK AND DIE SLOW"-Mrs. Mary Collins Brown

Mortar x5
blarg
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AWESOME! he got you more lads to mess with. what a way to "get you back" for screwing with him.

Vanndickey
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@blarg- I know right! Laughing

I didn't thank him for the unforseen help he gave me. I'll have to see if his phone and accounts are still active.....

"EAT A DICK AND DIE SLOW"-Mrs. Mary Collins Brown

Mortar x5
FatherGuidoSarducci
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have to consider that the longer they are in the cybercafe the more they have to pay so doing searches and they like is time consuming plus they have to remeber wehere to find this stuff online. The computer may or may not store their links and stuff after they leave. They have to keep that stuff on memory cards.

The default internet mail computer is not going to have photoshop on it and if they are like kinkos here in the US they charge more for machines with graphics programs on them and again it would take alot of time and effort to install PS on every computer you want to use it and time consuming.

i am the fist son of peter kojo
Giacos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One word:Lazy.
The lads are lazy, lazy as hell.

- "i think you will kill me after the funds transfer to your account." barry k*ma
Dr Sebastian Flake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, so lazy they will travel 400 miles to pick up money in another town in another country on hard dirt roads in the back of a sweaty tro_tro minibus rather than use google to check your ID out. The lad I am running rings around at the moment also keeps on forgetting to use his alibi and signs himself off with his real name! - How dumb is dumb?

Take a peek at this ongoing saga, and enjoy! Remeber this guy has just come back from a long and fruitless trip, and I am sending him right back to his doom:

Michael,

You poor deluded child! Why didn't you email me when you arrived in Accra as I told you? How could you hope to find Diana in such a big city without my help?

Michael, I can only help you if you do exactly as I say. If you want to do things your way, thats fine, but then I cant help you any more. Please dont ask why - this is a complicated business and there are things I cannot explain to you right now, things that will make you a very happy man if only you can do as you are told. Trust me, I am a head teacher, not a fool.

I am desperately sorry that you made a wasted trip, but as I told you, Diana and the money is waiting for you in Accra - please go back straight away and email me when you arrive.

As you told me yourself, it is very important to keep this matter private, that is why I cannot say more at this time about the arrangements I have made for your education and welfare when you arrive in Scotland, but please rest assured that everything is well.

This time I am asking you to go to a different hotel - for security reasons it would not be a good idea to go back to the Nagasaki. There are plenty of people who would like to rob you of your money, believe me, and you have been noticed by the wrong people asking all kinds of stupid questions. Michael, why did you have to go talking so much? Why can't you keep your mouth shut? If it has even reached me, here in Scotland, then how many people are talking in Accra?

Diana says that the Hotel De Joko - Tel:+233-21-400413 - is nice and quiet: it is in a different part of Accra and hopefully you will not be spotted by our enemies this time.

Diana lives just around the corner from there. Do not mention her name to ANYONE again or the deal is off, and thats final. You could get her into a lot of trouble.

At the hotel they have a fax machine. Please fax Diana Nodosh from the hotel any time after 6pm in the evening. - her Fax number is Fax:+233-21-773432

The fax message you should send is: Diana Nodosh please and make it quick. From Lucky

That is all - dont write anything else.

Wait in the lounge until she arrives.

Diana will come to the hotel immediately she gets the fax and will use the password: 'Anydosh Lucky?'

You must give her the correct reply: 'Nodosh please, I'm Lucky'

Email me to let me know how you get on, or if there are any problems.

I have told Diana to expect you on Sunday, so you had better be quick.

Your loving uncle,

Sebastian

thebigdirty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

how powerful are the computers (on average) that they use in those netcafes?

i would guestimate something like top of the line pentium II or low-end celerons. maybe 256MB ram running win 98 or win 2000. by now, some may have XP, but on a system like that, wouldn't run XP or photoshop too well.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why ask why? It just is.

You thinking of becoming an oga?

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Jason_dinAlt
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thebigdirty wrote:
something like top of the line pentium II or low-end celerons. maybe 256MB ram running win 98 or win 2000. by now, some may have XP, but on a system like that, wouldn't run XP or photoshop too well.

Which is more than than adequate for running psp5 and msword, thats all you need to knock up convincing documents, you do not have to have the latest whiz bang computer and software to make documents, afterall, 8 years ago those computers were the latest whiz bang, and people managed with the hardware/software quite well. Thankfully the lads dont seem to understand the need for really convincing documents.

As for question 1, you would be suprised to know the amount of guyman who have absolutely no idea baiting exists, it is a completely foreign thought to them. Some do know about baiting though, mainly through having been baited, and they usually refer to us baiters as "jokers"

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson
Agent Smith
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrlukeplease wrote:
How often do these scammers succeeed? Are there any statistics?

No one really knows for sure, but the smallest reasonable estimate is that 419 scams take in several billion USD annually. Most of this almost certainly goes to the very small percentage of high level 419 syndicates that have ties to the Nigerian government and are most certainly smart enough to use Google and Photoshop.

The baiting community really only sees the stupid mugus. Fortunately, that's most of them.
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The US Secret Service says 100s Of millions USD + a year just from the US. (Hundreds of millions Uinted States Dollars) Mad

I just need to find a mugu.. been awhile isnce I had one that would do a lot of leg work beside just hold a sign. (take more pictures, major safaris. etc..)

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic