SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

A few good places for email (for newbies)

View next topic
View previous topic

Jabberwocky
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought I'd summarize this for those other newbies who haven't picked a place for mail. I've heard from multiple places that hotmail, aol, msn, and other particularly well known email places have a suspicion factor among the mugus who have an IQ that registers.

Both of these do not give your ip address out in the header info. It's always good to check periodically, but you should be able to rely on that.

Some good ones:
hushmail.com - has some hushmail ad taglines, but otherwise seems very secure, and has been known since 98. Even allows encryption. They'll ask you to say Yes to a plugin, as near as I can tell it's safe.

mailbolt.com - the interface is a little wonky, but they're stable (and known under multiple names). They're even strict about stupid passwords.

Both of these allow you to select from a number of domain names, so they can be recycled for a variety of identities. It may not be advisable to use just one of these services for two seperate identities that may go in on the same idiot, but otherwise they aren't obviously connected.

One more note: You'll probably do like me and use one of your less anonymous emails to test the headers. If you do so, make sure to remove all traces of that address (like sent mail, address book, etc) from the web interface. That's just in case they get curious and manage to get into the box.

Paranoia keeps you safe and warm.
SU_SU
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've made a little additional list of free email services that seem (I do not have a technical background, so I'm not sure, just searched for my IP in "original message text") to remove your IP from headers:

Capazoo.com - a social network, uses Zimbra mail

Laszlo Mail - fast, with flash interface

Goowy Desktop - webtop on flash with email

Inbox.com

and Gmail, of course. Smile
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SU, if you have a read of the FAQs you’ll see that we do not necro old posts on this board. This one is almost as old as Eater itself and probably earns you some sort of medal, and not the good kind. If you want to discuss something and there is no current thread on the topic please start a new one, and in this case in the hints and tips section.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic